We’ll Be Seeing More Of Haris Vuckic Next Season

It seems that Chris Hughton will be willing to give more games to Slovenian  17 year-old Haris Vuckic next season.

Haris Vuckic – we’ll see more of him next season

By the time pre-season training comes around in July, it could be that Haris has been at the World Cup finals in South Africa with the Slovenian squad.

Rumors back in Slovenia suggest Vuckic has a decent chance to make the squad.

Chris talked about Haris’ appearance on Saturday in the second half and told the Evening Chronicle today:

“What I was able to do was move things round a bit.” “I was able to give Vuckic an outing as well.”

“But it was nice to give him the opportunity and we’ll be seeing a bit more of him next season.”

Haris almost scored immediately after coming on yesterday, but his shot was just wide of the post.

If indeed Haris can come through well next season we’ll be in good shape, as we also expect Tamas Kadar to come through big time, and of  course look to Andy Carroll to continue his vast improvement of this season.

So Newcastle do have a lot more improvement still to see from their younger players in the squad.

Three or four new players in the summer is what Chris will be looking to bring in before pre-season training comes around in July.

• Newutd

May 3, 2010 at 12:50 PM

Good.

And how exciting wouldn’t it be to watch Vuckic in the WC!?

• RetroBiscuits

May 3, 2010 at 1:20 PM

Newutd

Yes and no…….. If he is too exciting it will be difficult to hold onto the young lad.

Not that im doubting the boys loyalty to nufc however first team football must be his priority next season.

CH “I did want to wait until we were winning the game because it was important that we won it.”

Judging by this comment CH doesnt rate him as highly as the rest of us? If this is the case in the CCC then what about the EPL??

I wouldnt be supprised if he is snapped up after the world cup.

• peterktoon

May 3, 2010 at 1:32 PM

Maybe we wont need do go out and buy a central midfielder in the summer as a replacement for Nicky Butt. Haris Vuckic just need a chance to shine

• Newutd

May 3, 2010 at 1:38 PM

I definitely see your point. Even Hughton can’t keep Vuckic on the reserve team if he impresses in the WC, though. But I see your point and kinda agree. Not thinking of consequenses though – it would be great to watch him in the WC:)

• boater

May 3, 2010 at 2:31 PM

Retrobiscuits – I don’t think you should take from that comment that CH doesn’t rate him, why put undue pressure on young players ? no matter how talented they are. For the first time in a while we have a system geared around getting young blood in and developing it carefully,, that’s excellent news in my book.

Hell if he has a storming world cup – not that you are getting carried away or owt after a few reserve matches – then his price goes through the roof and he is still under contract so where’s the problem?

• Johann

May 3, 2010 at 2:34 PM

So we would lose the game if Vuckid would have come on before the goal? Just read what he´s saying. Youngsters won´t get any chances and I urge them to think about their position if Hugthon stays on. Seriously. Can you see any of the youngsters getting chances next season when noone got a chance in a meaningless game?

• DJG

May 3, 2010 at 2:49 PM

I kind of hope he doesnt play in the world cup because imagine if he does play against England ans does really well or even scores and the commentators will be like ‘this superb 17 year old Newcastle United player’ infront of the watching nation and all the clubs and managers.

• DJG

May 3, 2010 at 2:50 PM

Johann

Without major injuries and it being out of transfer window I dont think it would even cross his mind.

• buddy

May 3, 2010 at 2:58 PM

okay, so let me ge this straight. hughton didnt want to put vuckic on when we were drawing in a completely meaningless game and in case we didnt win.
    but of course, we will see more of him next season when we are losing/drawing in most games or scraping a win every now and then.
    we are also not bringing in many players because a team weaker then our current one got relegated but this team will be good enough?? hhhmmm

• RetroBiscuits

May 3, 2010 at 2:58 PM

Boater – I see your point about the quote, but my concern is that CH could have played Vuckic and others more once we won the championship.
    Imo if he isnt willing to play him in these games then there is virtually no chance of playing him in the EPL where every game will be a must win.

I hope this doesnt happen im very pleased with CH but we all know what the board and owner are capable of.!£!£!£

• Newutd

May 3, 2010 at 3:08 PM

Actually – it fits better here:

Ashington-born Mark Cullen got his first start for Hull today – and scored.

• baro

May 3, 2010 at 4:44 PM

I hope he breaksthrough just like Andy Carroll did this season. Carroll cemented his starting spot. Next year its Haris Vuckic turn. 🙂

• toonpigeon

May 3, 2010 at 5:32 PM

I think if he is as good as everyone says he is, hughton will give him a chance next season, but my only concern is would he be able to handle the PL?

• yankmag

May 4, 2010 at 4:12 PM

He’s going to get his chance next year, especially since Butt is leaving, he will be batting Barton, Nolan, and Guthrie at the CM spot if we don’t bring someone in.

I think if he does good at the WC, he’ll be our CM off the bench next season, and starting some

• baro

May 27, 2010 at 7:39 PM

Haris Vukic is the next Cristiano Ronaldo/Rooney.