Newcastle Is The Best Club I’ve Ever Been At – Routledge

Our right wing wonder – 25 year-old Wayne Routledge – who has shown great form so far for Newcastle, has today given a good interview to the Evening Chronicle in which he waxes lyrical about Newcastle.

Wayne Routledge – loves it at Newcastle club

This is what Wayne, who is already a firm fan favorite on Tyneside,  told the Chronicle today:

“This is the best club I’ve ever been at.”

“I’ve been treated really, really well and the buzz you get out of playing in front of 52,000 fans is just something you don’t get at most other clubs.

“And now we’re are back in the Premier League it’s going to be even better.”

Routledge  was always considered a top young player, but he has never really attained that promise – not yet anyway.

And it seems that Wayne thinks he has something to prove once Newcastle start to play back in England’s top league, as he continued:

“I want to show I can still do it in the Premier League, and hopefully this is now my chance to do that.”

“I’ve always been confident that I could deliver in the top division if I got the chance.”   “But everywhere I’ve been I have not always been given that chance.”

“I’ve never given up hope of getting back to the Premier League and to get that chance with such a big club like Newcastle is incredible.”

“I’ve been given the chance at Newcastle and now I want to show my appreciation to the staff and the fans by going out there and doing it on the pitch.”

Wayne has certainly made a very promising start to his Newcastle career, and has 17 appearances, with 15 starts and 3 terrific goals.

How well Wayne fares next season will decide how Newcastle do in their first season back in the Premiership – we have to think Routledge is going to do very well – or at least we certainly hope so.

• geordielad880

May 6, 2010 at 12:32 PM

There are some bargains to be had this transfer window, lots of players available for decent fees who newcastle could sign:-

O hara
    Pennant
    M Noble
    Behrami
    Cairney from hull
    S Fletcher
    Daniel Fox
    Steven Davis-Rangers
    Tuncay
    S Hunt
    Perch-Not forest

I think and of the above players would improve our squad.

I like we need another winger, defensive utility player, and a creative midfielder/striker

I would go for perch, s hunt, tuncay, and steven davis.

———————–harper

s.taylor——collocini——-williamson—enrique

s.hunt———barton———-nolan——-jonas

—————–tuncay
    ——————————–carroll

forster, perch, guthrie, routledge, smith, lovo, ameobi

• Chris F

May 6, 2010 at 12:42 PM

wouldn’t want Tuncay, his behaviour at Stoke reminds me of the type of player that got us relegated.

I’d agree with Hunt, if he recovers well from his current injury.

Rather we went for Belhadj than Behrami, mind.

The rest are pretty good shouts, though James Perch – bit of a risk as no prem experience.

Wouldn’t want Pennant though, much rather see a cheeky offer for SWP, even if he would be outwith the ‘normal’ budget/age range as he’s a far better player.

• ToonArmy

May 6, 2010 at 1:04 PM

Agreed on tuncay, not the type of player we need right now. Would add Micah Richards and Stephen Ireland to that list if reports are true about them leaving this summer.

• sjc07

May 6, 2010 at 1:13 PM

What about Bellamy? Proven and out of favour at City. Kris Boyd is also out there

• geordielad880

May 6, 2010 at 1:14 PM

stephen ireland would be a great signing, but think he would go to villa, tottenham, or everton, SWP i think the same applies to him, but as they say shy bairns get nee cake both would be top signings!

• Chris F

May 6, 2010 at 1:21 PM

Bellamy’s hardly out of favour at City! Can’t see him going anywhere, and wouldn’t really want him back as he’s one who you can guarantee will at some point disrupt squad harmony on account of the fact he’s an utter knobhead.

Agree on Ireland, he’s dropped right down the pecking order after Hughes left, but he’d most likely get much better offers than us if they do decide to move him on.

• Hugh Jorgan

May 6, 2010 at 1:29 PM

I think there will be a big clear out at man shitty. I like the idea re SWP, but not Craig bell-end.

• Newutd

May 6, 2010 at 1:35 PM

Perch had one really good game all season – against us. In general he has been average/poor looking.

Daniel Fox hasn’t looked good either. Lacks speed.

Noble wouldn’t bring anything new.

• liam85

May 6, 2010 at 1:43 PM

It’s hard to pick someone you really liked this season, they all done a great job..
    But Routledge to me something about his goals and his enthusiasm and drive really caught my eye.
    He’s my favourite player this season. I really hope he proves himself next season, I have no doubt he will!
    Looks like Routledge will beon the back on my new Puma shirt for next season 😉

• G

May 6, 2010 at 2:03 PM

Thats assuming they ever release the bleeding thing liam85, so far it looks like were having naked season!

• richardj1986

May 6, 2010 at 2:45 PM

onucha would be a more realistic defence target with lower wages than Richards.

• Ericles

May 6, 2010 at 2:51 PM

Agreed Liam85.

• peterktoon

May 6, 2010 at 4:48 PM

Ed hope I you’ll will write an article about how good friends the players are