Tim Krul Wants New Contract – I Love The Newcastle Club

Tim Krul has one year left on his contract at Newcastle and he is hoping for a new deal because it seems obvious he wants to stay on Tyneside.

Tim Krul – wants new contract on Tyneside

And it turns out Tim didn’t concede a goal in his three Championship appearances this season, which amounted to two second half appearances for the injured Harper, and of course the game at QPR last Sunday, when he made some excellent saves.

Tim told the Evening Chronicle today:

“We’re in the Premier League now, and there’s a lot of games again.”

“It’s going to be harder next season, and I hope I can stay, but the club has to tell me they want to keep me – that’s the main part.”

“I’ve got a year left, so we’ll see what the club says.”“I want to stay, because I love Newcastle.”

The news is that Krul has been tracked by Juventus in the last 12 months and not surprisingly also came close to joining Dutch powerhouse  Feyenoord a couple of summers ago, with the deal being ended by Dennis Wise at the last minute.

Tim seems determined to become the Newcastle number one goalkeeper just as soon as he can, as he continued:

“The feeling I had out there at QPR was just great.”  Hopefully, I can get more games, because, for me, it’s the most important thing.”

“There’s nothing I love more, especially with the fans. When I came out, they were all going nuts – it was great.”

It’s really good that Newcastle have players like Tim Krul at the club,  and it makes a huge difference to have players who really want to be at the famous Newcastle club.

We have no doubts at all that Tim will get a new contract at Newcastle, and it’s hardly surprising Tim is very much admired by Newcastle fans.

• G

May 7, 2010 at 1:11 PM

I still think Steve Harper is the better keeper, but I am happy to see the likes of Krul and Forster push him for his place, as it’s the one position on the pitch we are well off for players, and competing for the number 1 jersey will keep them all on their game.

• Toontastico

May 7, 2010 at 1:54 PM

Some good quotes from Tim. Theres no doubting he could/should become a top keeper however theres also no doubting that Harper should and will be number one again next year. Its the year after that, that will be the one where both Tim and Fraser will be fighting it out and I for one am v pleased that we have the 2 of them.

• stk85

May 7, 2010 at 1:57 PM

yea but he also needs many more games. the guy will be of shay given standard, if he gets the right experience.

• henok

May 7, 2010 at 2:07 PM

I think he is on crack or cock why do he want to say seriously chris isn’t giving himba chance …I say he is better than Harper …I liked krul since the Palermo game..luckly glen Roderick was bringing some young players like pattison,ramage,carroll, and many others which Sam alardice distroyed

• Toontastico

May 7, 2010 at 2:17 PM

Henok – Matty Pattison & Peter Ramage?? Pattison was never good enough and is now playing back in the south African League, Ramage whilst being an honest hardworking player is not and will never be a premiership player (also prone to mistakes) Carroll under Roeder was 17 and Allerdyce actually loaned him out to Preston. Tim Krtul played 6 times in all comps this season and was 2nd choice for the whole season, thats not bad at all for a 21 year old keeper.
    Also I really hope Tim aint on “cock” or coke!!!

• DJG

May 7, 2010 at 2:37 PM

We are well off in the keeper department. Krul is a future Van der Sar and Harper would have been an England international if he didnt spend most of his career on the bench.

• Newutd

May 7, 2010 at 2:43 PM

Fantastic news.

• henok

May 7, 2010 at 3:10 PM

Toontastico- first of all I belive if any one stryed playing football with experianced players he will be a star look at Andre PIrlo he wast good but they gave him a chance and he improved rapidly …pattison was very good do u remeber the game in which he played we won westbrom 3-0 he was good …I was schocked when nufc reslesd ramage he was giving his life for that team and Sam relesed him …

• Newutd

May 7, 2010 at 3:25 PM

Nah, henok, I like that you are pushing the case for the youngsters, cause so am I really. But Ramage and Pattison were never gonna get good enough for the PL.

• henok

May 7, 2010 at 5:55 PM

I agree but I belive tat any player cab change if they play in epl when they are 18 or 17 …look at rodewell,Baxter and gosling they didn’t have much quality in the reserve side but they improved …now let’s see wht we did benhag and Morris why do they do that I will replace morris by williamson in sec