Brad Inman To Get His Chance At Newcastle Next Season

18 year-old Brad Inman is one of five top teenagers who have been promoted to the Newcastle first team squad for next season.

Brad Inman – top prospect at Newcastle

The other lads promoted are 17 year-old Haris Vuckic, 18 year-old Irish defender Stephen Folan, Swedish 18 year-old winger Samuel Adjei and 18 year-old Amble-born striker Phil Airey.

Inman was born in Adelaide but played in the Scotland Under-19 4-0 win over Montenegro in the European Champion-ship Elite Round last night in Croatia.

He qualifies for Scotland because of his mother Lorraine, and qualifies to play for England because of his father Dave, and also qualifies to play for Australia because he was born there.

Take your choice.

Brad talked to the Evening Chronicle today from the Scotland U19 base in Croatia, and talked about the buzz on Tyneside following promotion:

“The gaffer Chris Hughton and first-team coach Colin Calderwood want to involve me in pre-season friendlies to see if I can handle the step up.”

“There’s been a buzz around the whole city with us getting promoted, but there’s talk of Newcastle down-sizing and not spending as much money.”

“Maybe that will help me break into the first team.”

There’s always a positive side to everything – as well as a negative side – and maybe with Newcastle not paying out big transfer fees in the summer, it will signal the chance for some of our excellent up and coming youngsters to get a chance.

But we still expect Chris Hughton to sign up to four quality players this summer, even if he has no transfer money to spend.

• Solaidback

May 20, 2010 at 3:03 PM

Good luck to all the young lads getting the chance to shine in the 1st team, I wish them all well & hope they can prove you don’t have to spend masses amount of money to get some decent players!!!

I see Milner is in the middle of a £24m transfer deal, depending on who he wants to play for that is as he sa a choice of Manc Usa, Chelski & Manc Al Citey to chose from unless he decides to stay at Villa that is…. 🙂

Maybe we should have held out for another 18 months & it could have been us getting that wad of money in, instead of the £12m we are supposed to have got… I wonder if Villa do sell, how much will the TOON get from the sale????

• derekm

May 20, 2010 at 3:15 PM

regarding milner – ashley and llambias are supposed to have asked keegan how much he thought he was worth – keegan said no more than £7 million, then he threw a strop when they accepted £12! So the prospect of any sell on clause being in that deal will be an interesting one.

• Solaidback

May 20, 2010 at 3:49 PM

Oh I don’t mean a clause, I mean if we only sold him 18 months ago, surely Villa haven’t paid us in full yet, so we should get a lump sum from his sale shouldnt we??

• jesus was a geordie

May 20, 2010 at 4:01 PM

Came in from the pub drunk one night an added a load of the youth lads of facebook…He seems like a genuinely decent lad as does Kadar!

I write this feeling a little drunk again, handed in 4 painfully long essays on the ‘conception of the self’ for uni just then and am now hitting it harder than Shearer’s indirect freekicks! I realise this if off topic but I’m so relieved I couldn’t give a sh@t!

• G

May 20, 2010 at 4:06 PM

It is a bit off topic jesus was a geordie, however, I can forgive the odd multi-dimentional-construct. What I can’t forgive is somebody trying to concieve themselves in the perverted way.

• jesus was a geordie

May 20, 2010 at 4:15 PM

If you choose to interpret it in a perverted way then I have to say I feel a little disappointed…Rhe wording is a little suggestive though, so I’ll let you away with it, although I assure my actions were entirely innocent!

• Marty-Toon

May 20, 2010 at 4:25 PM

Regarding Milner also,i reckoned then and now that we got over the top money for him at 12 million.I mean Gareth Barry was only priced at 8/9 million and they paid 16 i think.
    They say Milner scored 12 goals this season but many of those were Peno`s.
    Many of us were glad to get the money if i remember as he couldn`t cross his legs never mind the ball.(He is definitely better in the middle but wouldn`t have got the chance at NUFC) RANT OVER
    Regardin the yung uns
    I hope Inman and Vukcic and the others make the step up.Keep their feet on the ground and work hard we should see at least 2 of them come good

• GeordieBean

May 20, 2010 at 5:01 PM

k about this xisco guy is he g@y or something look at this

• Howay The Lads

May 20, 2010 at 5:45 PM

@GeordieBean
    Can’t you remember that story coming out when we signed him?

Also I don’t really think that he’s gay. Just a little womanly if you get what I mean.

• cupiddstunt

May 20, 2010 at 8:01 PM

Hey GeordieBean just because we British are all anal and uptight about male to male contact it doesn’t say the rest of the world has to be.

Why is it we do not bat an eyelid at two females kissing or cuddling when they meet but we throw a fit when men do it, just like you have done over these photo’s.

Europeans and the rest of the world in general have no problem with men kissing each other as a form of greeting or expression of friendship, but in the eyes of the British as you have just given a fine example of “they must be gay”

• Newutd

May 20, 2010 at 11:46 PM

No european men kiss on the mouths of each other to greet one another. It’s not normal any way. Unless you’re gay.

• AngerOfTheNorth

May 21, 2010 at 11:23 AM

He probably is gay. Doesn’t make any difference either way as far as I can tell, I’m sure there’s plenty of footballers who are.