Newcastle’s New Strips – Home And Away

There may be leaked photos of Newcastle new home and away strips out on the internet today – again.

Is this the new Newcastle strip?

And the away strip is said to be the following:

We don’t like either strip – if indeed these are the new strips – and we have our doubts.

There seemed better strips on display here – but is is about time the club officially announced the new strips.

What do you think – assuming these are the new strips?

• Newutd

May 23, 2010 at 1:55 PM

Fake.

But to comment on them.

Home kit: Decent, nothing special though.

Away kit: Ugly ugly ugly

• Howay The Lads

May 23, 2010 at 1:57 PM

Definitely fake, but Newutd the away kit’s class. The home kit’s boring though

• pearceet

May 23, 2010 at 1:57 PM

Home kit looks unbalanced with nothing on the opposite side of the NUFC badge, the puma logo should be opposite it, then it would look good. Quite like the away one actually

• Newutd

May 23, 2010 at 2:08 PM

The away kit is for me so boring, and I definitely do not like that blue color.

• del

May 23, 2010 at 2:12 PM

Fakes. Look at the stripes, exactly the same as this years.

• Tom4Nufc

May 23, 2010 at 2:13 PM

Ed, the link to see the other kits isn’t working for me… Just thought it was worth a mention 😉 !

• listie

May 23, 2010 at 2:17 PM

I have afeeling these could well be the kits, I remember a tweet from one of the newspapers NE sports writer, i think it was the Times, saying he had seen the new kit and he said the away one was blue!

• shek2k9

May 23, 2010 at 2:18 PM

dnt like dem hope der fake

• David19

May 23, 2010 at 2:40 PM

has anyone noticed the away one actually has an NUFC and PUma tag on it? it might be the real mccoy!

• del

May 23, 2010 at 2:42 PM

It’s not hard to mock up a fake tag

• Toonmania

May 23, 2010 at 3:32 PM

but why would they bother to make a tag, and then try to half hide it??

• newcastle29

May 23, 2010 at 4:25 PM

a blind man without a white stick could see they are fake, look at the blue one the northern rock writing is not running in line with the bottom of the shirt and on both of them none of the writing is distorted with the creases in the shirts!!

100% fakes!!!!

• DanNUFC

May 23, 2010 at 4:37 PM

newcastle29…
    erm yes the writing is distorted with the creases in the shirts… and its just the camera angle that makes it look as if the writing does not line up with the bottom of the shirt

• G

May 23, 2010 at 6:09 PM

Both minging, hope they are fake. To be fair though, I think the problem is the fact that so many of the fantasy shirts on offer looked so good?

• Martins09

May 23, 2010 at 7:01 PM

These are deffo the strips for next season.. Nothing fake about them these are legit… A actually like them 🙂

• AdamO

May 23, 2010 at 7:29 PM

I reckon they could be the real deal like. They aint too bad either. Have to admit though, i have seen better possible looking kits than this.

• noir9

May 23, 2010 at 7:43 PM

Now I honestly don’t know how easy/difficult it would to put together a fake but these do look look like actual shirts although the club badge on the home kit looks a bit suspect. The colar is the new puma style….who knows, like the away kit & agree that I’ve seen some better home fantasy shirts on the net. If it is the real one I’d prefer the puma badge on the right rather than the middle. If you were a cynic you might think it was all some elaborate marketing ploy, just to keep us guessing or gauge reaction

• G

May 23, 2010 at 8:05 PM

The more I look at the pictures, the worse the shirts appear. Sorry, but if they are the real article, I shall not be lining Mr Puma’s pockets on them. I will stick to the toffs retro shirts.

• Charlietoon

May 23, 2010 at 11:00 PM

If last years yellow grew on me anything will

• rossrich

May 23, 2010 at 11:47 PM

I’ll be very dissapointed if these are real. Absolutley no thought gone into them at all. I’ll still buy one because its geordie law and wear it with pride. My one suggestion would be lose the cat and put the badge in the middle.

• Solaidback

May 24, 2010 at 9:29 AM

If these’s are the gunuine article, then I’m not impressed at all, the B&W one doesn’t look much different to the one we have now except for the puma badge, maybe that’s a nother cost cutting exercise, maybe Ashley took all the Addidas one, got the addidas sign taken off them & had the puma one put on to save some money.. lol

As for the blue one, it looks like Rangers old strip, maybe he brought all their ld stock & changed the badges over.. lol

Either way, I’d though they’d have put a little more effort into the design, come up with summit new, instead of the same old….

Not happy 🙁

• Solaidback

May 24, 2010 at 9:32 AM

Btw guys, the reason the new strips haven’t been released yet is because there’s too much of the old strip & champion winners stock left to sell, so he wants all that gone first before they’ll expect us to buy the new strip when it’s finally released.. 😉 😉

• hitman

May 24, 2010 at 9:43 AM

this strip is fake..look at the stitching that brings the front and back together,the right side stitching is way out of wack to the left

• Thump

May 24, 2010 at 1:11 PM

Home kit isn’t too bad, like. Definitely don’t like the away shirt. Looks more like training gear than it does a football top.

• blip

May 24, 2010 at 3:10 PM

I actually don’t mind them, just don’t like the white border around the crest (esp. on the home kit!). The reason for the centred puma, I think, is that it would have needed to cross stripes for symmetry with the crest and then couldn’t have been black/white.

I’m not totally convinced they’re genuine, but NUFC.com have picked up on it, which is unusual for rumours.

Could just be internal Puma mock-ups, with higher quality versions being made for retail?

They’re certainly Puma designs – the away kit is basically Italy’s home kit, and the 3rd kit is very similar to Uruguay’s.

• toonpigeon

May 24, 2010 at 4:13 PM

I know some of you don’t like these kits that are shown on here, but I have to say I like them and I have even seen the third kit which is simple and not too flashy.

Some of the kits adidas made over the years were great, my first ever shirt was one with Newcastle Brown Ale sponsoring us. I loved that shirt and I still have it. Adidas made a bad kit for the 2007 to the end of the 2009 season when we got relegated. I hated the way they had designed the stripes and left the sides black. Last years efforts was good but I did not like the white gap that they had and payed extra for having a name and number so that space was filled up.

I would happily buy the away kit as I feel that the home kit is too much like the current one we have. Puma have gone for a different outlook on our kits and I don’t mind, maybe they are going for the retro look like several clubs have done in previous seasons.

You are all entitled to your opinion but I was never expecting anything flash from Puma and look on the bright-side we don’t have the kit design of Tottenham’s current shirt and their shirt for this year.

I think from the pictures I have seen these are just a mockup and even one of them is signed by players who may have taken part in the shoot. This may be modified before the beginning of the season and they might look better.