Hughton Ready to Bid Half Transfer Kitty On Nedum Onuoha

Even though the news is being reported in today’s Sun, we have to hope this particular report is true, however unlikely that may be.

Nedum Onuoha – Newcastle ready to bid?

The news is that Newcastle United are ready to launch a £3.5M bid for Manchester City defender Nedum Onuoha.

If this is true,  it does mean that Chris Hughton will have some transfer money available this summer, but not much, but there again with free agents and loan signings Chris will not need too much – hopefully.

As long as he brings quality players in – that’s the most important thing for Newcastle right now.

The Sun is reporting that Chris in fact has been given around £7M in hard cash to spend this summer, about £3M more than he spent in January to bring in four decent players in Simpson, Williamson, Routledge and Best.

Onuoha is just 23 and perfectly fits the profile of players Newcastle want to sign this summer.

The 21 times capped England Under-21 star wants to restart his career, away from Manchester City, and what better place to do that than on Tyneside – of course. 😀

News earlier in the week that Danny Simpson may well miss the start of the Premiership campaign and Onuoha could easily fit in at right back – he can in fact play anywhere across the back four.

We like this player a lot, but there will be significant competition for Newcastle, and we have to hope the attraction to Tyneside is enough to sway the player to make the move to St. James’ Park.

Nedum has played around 100 times with 3 goals for the Eastlands club, whom he joined back in 2003 when only 16, and the lad seems multi-talented having got 10 A grades in the GCSE, and then 3 A levels, each with an A grade – not too shabby at all.

He was also a top sprinter and triple jumper before he joined Manchester City – his home town club – and we almost forgot – he’s also a terrific footballer.

• NewcastleMole

May 27, 2010 at 12:35 AM

Sell Before We Buy

• Xenarious

May 27, 2010 at 12:37 AM

It would be a good buy, if he can get him at a reasonable price.

• jesus was a geordie

May 27, 2010 at 12:41 AM

Great buy, if justifiable! He wouldn’t leave Man City for anything other than 1st team footy. With Enrique, Colo, Staylor, Williamson and Simpson all being established, he’d leave 2 of them on the bench…With 3 of them being new signings (less than a year) 1 being a local, 1 being an international and the other being the legend that is El Toro, it’d leave a big headache for Hughton!

• Bucks mag

May 27, 2010 at 1:28 AM

Hmm the Sun, to be taken with a pinch nd salt as we know.
    Still, if true, I would be delighted. Mind you, would he be worth spending our budget? If Hughton were to think so fair doos.

• jaynufc89

May 27, 2010 at 2:30 AM

I hate to sound big headed. but it looks like my sources are coming through. I said yesterday we’d sign this player and Boyd.. I was in Newcastle today and I saw boyd outside SJP I was their on a day out with friends and as I live in Manchester I’ve not long got back. I got Boyds autograpgh today and his words ” It is more then likely I will sign something with Newcastle by the weekend ” We have £10million not 7. Onuaha will come to us for around £3million. leaves you with 7. Gary hooper will be drafted in for £1million + Leon Best. 6 million left. £3million on either O’hara or Mcgeedy Hughton will decide between the 2 or if he can will sign both. it is well documated on alot of footballing sites that Newcastle are leading the chase for O’hara. 3million left. Mulumbu £1.5million. Xisco will be sold for around £1.5million giving us 3million again.. David Wheater is a done deal it will be announced by the weekend thats £3million . Young italian striker leaving for 2 million tozer 1.5million and ryan taylor will go to stoke for 2.5million that gives us 6million again.. Ireland to come in on loan but if that deal does break down then hughton will look to someone else. whilshire will arrive possibley in early august.

Its possible we could sign Joe Cole if he takes a pay cut. although their is a lot of rumours.

Don’t judge my comments untill monday. come the weekend you’ll see 2 announcements one for Boyd and the other for Wheater. mark my words.

• baro

May 27, 2010 at 3:06 AM

Jaynufc89

Ok deal, I marked your words and you tell me where the hell do you get this news? Out of all those people you said are going to sign I would want McGeady and Boyd. Joe Cole of course but highly doubt it. I’ll mark your words and you better be right. I heard the roumors that Wheater is signing on Friday, and Boyd over the weekend.

• baro

May 27, 2010 at 3:11 AM

————————–Krul————————-

Onuoha——S.Taylor—–Colo—Jose Enrique-

McGeady——-Guthrie——Nolan—-Jonas—-

——————–Boyd——Carroll—————-

Would gaurantee top 10 place for 100%. 🙂
    Would love that lineup. 🙂

• baro

May 27, 2010 at 3:15 AM

jaynufc89

How close are we to signing Stephen Ireland??

• baro

May 27, 2010 at 3:32 AM

Jaynufc89

I believe most of the things you say because they are just what kind of players we need.

• Tugal

May 27, 2010 at 3:34 AM

Jaynufc89

What about Huseklepp and Skjelbred, specially Skjelbred? Any chance?? 😀

• NOVA2967

May 27, 2010 at 4:03 AM

Onuoha
    McGeady or Ireland
    Doyle or Fletcher – not sold on Boyd

That would be a very good summer.

• alan shearer

May 27, 2010 at 4:59 AM

jaynufc89..those players that you mentioned reliable?..where u got those rumors from?..but anyway im getting more interested in this summer transfer window…but..you mention wheater to nufc this friday..but CH say we bid our time in transfer market..?does it mean he is lying?

• Newutd

May 27, 2010 at 6:32 AM

Hahaha. Does people really believe jaynufc89? He is only telling his wishes.

• GatesheadMag

May 27, 2010 at 7:01 AM

Sorry but I agree with you Newutd. Wouldnt mind seeing some of those players but didnt Hughton say there wouldnt be wholesale changes, thats half a bloody squad.

• fongct

May 27, 2010 at 7:06 AM

we must go for him if he is available for 3.5M, but I still dont think we can get him due to our wages cap, and he will attract a lot of interests with such a cheap price….

but I really doubt 3.5M is true and I wouldnt put much hope on this one

• Rotonda heights

May 27, 2010 at 8:12 AM

Nice to see an educated intelligent and articulate footballer for a change, when we’ve got the likes of Carroll !

• hitman

May 27, 2010 at 9:14 AM

baro,this jay is full of shite,his source is this site..

• Ericles

May 27, 2010 at 9:35 AM

Its the Sun = fantasy

• henok ethiopian toon

May 27, 2010 at 9:39 AM

Jaynufc89, NOVA2967
    u guys are out of ur friken mnd….first..i agree boyd is going to sine for us…but i totaly disagree wid McGeady first he plays in Scottish league and second macems have taps on him since they got promoted …so he will probably end up there cause they have $$$….then…our manager is not going to singe any player that is worth watching and dont get ur expectations high …seriously all of u saying Chris this Chris that …ur retarded …for gods sake he wone the championship wid players that hav played most of there careers in the Epl…for me i see disaster coming soon and better get ready for it

• geordielad880

May 27, 2010 at 10:25 AM

Baro i have been saying for 2 days now that jaynufc89 was talking rubbish, ashley has made it clear he wants to cut wages furthur this year, so i somehow cant see boyd, who turned down a 45k a week contract at birmingham last year, signing for us, ireland will be on over 50k, we will sign championship players, and young players from europe to bulk up our squad, thats all our finances allow, anything else that is rumoured i just wont believe

• geordielad880

May 27, 2010 at 10:28 AM

I think we will probably resign fitz hall, loan cleverley for man utd, and sign perch from forest, thats the kind of signing newcastle will be looking at imo,

• noir9

May 27, 2010 at 10:28 AM

Henok @ 18, your constant little digs at houghton are getting boring & to say that people who support houghton are retarded is just plain daft. He took a divided team of failed epl players who were expected to struggle in the championship & turned them into an effective team that got us promoted as champions, granted we do not play the most attractive football but would you rather we played like forrest? Houghton may well struggle in the epl but he has certainly earned the chance to try or are you able to offer an alternative who could work with the current regime & within the budget he has?

• geordielad880

May 27, 2010 at 10:33 AM

Noir9-agreed, I for one dont think hughton is good enough to manage newcastle in the premiership, but he has earned the chance, and needs the fans to back him, not get on his back before he has even started, thats why we are where we are, because deluded supporters constantly calling for managers heads, “STABILITY=SUCCESS”, just look at everton, villa, fulham, they have all kept their managers for a sustained period of time. We need to stop looking at the past, and realise that we cant compete with manutd, or even villa now, and just back our manager, and look to built again!

• flair20

May 27, 2010 at 11:01 AM

Half our budget on Onuoha? You have got to be kidding me.

jaynufc89, I’m looking forward to signing Joe Cole on a free, I assume once he’s signed we’ll be finalising a move for Steven Gerrard? Then maybe we’ll bring Michael Owen back too!

• Newutd

May 27, 2010 at 11:01 AM

Geordielad880

My bet is that daddy Ferguson keeps his word and keeps Cleverley this season.

Don’t think we should sign Hall.

And for the last time: Perch had one (really) good game last season, against us. The rest was at the best mediocre. A big no.

• Craigg

May 27, 2010 at 11:11 AM

Its nice that the sun are giving us a transfer budget today because we didnt have one yesterday.

Their sister paper is reliable as well, Sunday on the same page they wrote about Cleverley and Wilshire joining on loan as we have no cash and 2 inches down wrote how we are bidding £3m for Ohouha!

• geordielad880

May 27, 2010 at 11:15 AM

New utd, I dont think we should sign hall or perch, im saying thats who i can see hughton signing, perch is unproven, and fitz hall is just not good enough.
    I would sign S.Hunt(RM), Mark Reynolds (def) (motherwell) and we need a striker with some pace, could do alot worse than dindane

• Ericles

May 27, 2010 at 11:28 AM

Thinking about Bobby Moncur’s words concerning our defensive ranks then we should go for Ledley and Onuoha. That still leaves us with needing two wingers who are pacy and have intelligent skill. As for a striker? We do need another one in the old fashioned mode e.g., just like Len White was. We need a schemer too – just like our Ivor was or even George Eastham, a Tony Green type.

• Matt

May 27, 2010 at 11:38 AM

Joe Cole is not coming to Newcastle. He’s pretty much going to Man City or Real.

I would be pleased if we get Onuoha, wanted him for a while. He needs to step it up next year but will provide good cover and will no doubt fight his way into the first team.

• Solaidback

May 27, 2010 at 1:54 PM

Whats a load of crock Jay, you don’t half talk drivels mate.. lol

So what you goin to say after the weekend when none of what you’ve sprouted comes true.. ‘Oh but I was kidding’ or some crap like that.. lol

Personally I wouldn’t want Joe Cole as I think he’d want to much dosh & upset the dressing room, Boyd I’d have as he’s a proven striker, yes in the SPL but also in Europe!!!

As for the others, hasn’t Wheater already confirmed he’s staying at the Smoogies?? Ireland will go to Arsenil or Toffee’s & I can’t be bothered to write about the rest!!!

I can’t wait to see what Jay comes up with on Monday after Wheater & Boyd both don’t sign.. lol

• jaynufc89

May 27, 2010 at 3:57 PM

I actually don’t get my source off that site up untill now I’ve never heard of that site. I didn’t say J.cole was defo coming I said IF he took a pay cut. he isn’t gurenteed first team football at city or real.. or chelsea.. he wants to be back in the England first team and prove hes got what it takes. You could sign the most shittest player in the world but as long as he wants to prove something he’ll do very well. Ireland has been seen outside Newcastles training ground my guess is its about 60% done. if city dont pull out of the deal.. its not like they need to sell.. Boyd and wheater are coming.. Wheater comfirmed he was staying but then GS accepted our bid.. I personally dont rate him.. but he’ll be decent cover I guess. You can say what you want. I had my picture taken with Boyd yesterday.. Nedium , wheater and boyd will defo sign. Look around.. Birmingham have signed a diff striker.. sunderland at looking at other right backs.. its all because they’ve lost out on boyd and Nedium.. its not rocket science.. although solaidback.. what will you say if they actually do sign.?? 🙂

• rwpoynter

May 27, 2010 at 4:36 PM

Ericles, you must be as old as I am , maybe even older, and possibly Welsh, as you refer to our Ivor (Allchurch I presume), the great Len White and the talented lightweight, George Eastham at 9.5 stone. Saw them all in my first ever visit to a First Division game at Aston Villa in Oct 1958. If only we could get a striker like Len White. He was magic, scored a hat trick in a 7-3 defeat of Man Utd in Jan 1960. Happy days, please bring them back!

• cupiddstunt

May 27, 2010 at 5:56 PM

Jay within the realms of possibilities you are sitting right there at the edge but if half of what you say comes to fruition then we will have quite a fruitful window.

Pity about the boyd bit, I think he will be a complete waste of time outside the SPL and if you check out his European record you will find he has not scored against any decent defences only the minnows.

As I said yesterday he is the same as Scott Mcdonald for celtic prolific in the SPL (or the somewhat pathetic league) but Mcdonald has failed miserably outside it and I think boyd will do the same but even worse.

He is a lazy lazy player, and how well do you think that would go down with our squad that has just learnt to work hard for each other again?

• ToOn_26

May 27, 2010 at 11:57 PM

Half of the transfer kitty for a possible bench warmer? come on CH you can do better than that..

• ende

May 28, 2010 at 7:37 PM

you lads are a gullible lot. I’m guessing most don’t frequent sports forums elsewhere (which is a good thing, they’ll drain your soul!). Guys like Jaynufc89 hang around everywhere. They have a sickness that requires them to make people believe that they have some sort of inside scoop in order to fulfill their self worth. 99% of them are full of crap.

Jay maybe you’re in that 1%, maybe you’re not, but even if you are who gives a flying f. If someone really has an inside scoop, they go sell it to the papers, they don’t come onto nufcblog.com to collect their accolades. All these folks care about is that others believe they have some knowledge the rest of the world doesn’t have. They have a sick need to feel privlidged. Well, it’s unhealthy, and we’d all do well to just ignore them and believe these rumors only when we see a name on a kit.