Kris Boyd Getting Offers From Clubs – And Will Leave Rangers

News today that Rangers striker Kris Boyd will definitely leave the Scottish Champions this summer, according to manager Walter Smith.

Kris Boyd – definitely leaving Rangers

Kris had said he would decide over the summer whether he would stay at Rangers, although that was only a small chance, and it seems that manager Smith has now given up all hope of keeping the striker in Glasgow.

Boyd scored 26 goals last season in 41 appearances, and the free agent has been linked with Birmingham, Newcastle United and Turkish clubs Kayserispor and Trabzonspor.  And new news today that Sam Allardyce’s Blackburn Rovers are also keen on the Scotland international.

Smith told the Daily Record today:

“‘Kris is going. There is no doubt about that now. We have never wanted to admit he would leave but we are doing so now.”

“We’ve made him an offer but he’s getting much higher offers from other clubs and he is going.”

“‘Kris leaves here with the best wishes of every one of us at Rangers. He has been absolutely terrific for this club and his scoring record is second to none.”

“I know people have said I had a problem with Kris because I left him out of a lot of my starting teams but I actually get on very well with him. I must admit I like him and I hope he is a success wherever he goes.”

“‘I’m disappointed we can’t offer enough to keep him with us but I really do wish him continued success.”

Those are good words from Smith, who we have always thought was a terrific manager who handles his players extremely well.

And Boyd is not the only Rangers’ player who will be leaving the Scottish club this summer after seeing out his contract, as it seems like Nacho Novo, DaMarcus Beasley and Steve Smith will also be leaving, and have refused to accept new deals from Rangers.

Birmingham have just signed Serbia  6’8″ striker  Nikola Zigic for £6M, so we wonder if they will remain interested in the 26 year-old Scottish striker.

But we have to think that if Chris Hughton wants this player,  Newcastle will look an attractive club for Kris to join, and he’ll probably get a better offer on Tyneside than he will get at Blackburn.

We’ll have to wait and see if Newcastle are indeed interested – but this guy comes at a good price, that’s for sure.

• G

May 28, 2010 at 11:38 AM

Most of the news feeds this morning are convinced he’s signing for Blackburn.

• nabil the toon

May 28, 2010 at 11:39 AM

nooo way nufc will sign him after all Boyd will end up where he can get a handsome amount of money. Hii i am Nabil from Bangladesh

• JSYproject

May 28, 2010 at 11:52 AM

i personally do not believe a word of any tranfser ‘news’ untill the club announces a signing.. Its crazy how the papers must employ someone to just sit and make up lie after lie after lie… Maybe jaynufc could be useful afterall…

• The Carnivorous Badger

May 28, 2010 at 11:57 AM

Was just checking what football-rumours.com was saying, I saw the most hilarious thing:

‘Newcastle United are aiming for top 6 next year and will sign

Henry
    Carrick
    Senderos
    Kewell
    Beckford
    Henderson from the mackems

TOON ARMY’

Nothing like delusion, is there? This might be one of jaynufc’s source, its ridiculous enough.

• RichK

May 28, 2010 at 11:59 AM

G-I haven’t seen any news that links him to Blackburn, if anything it seems he will still end up at Birmingham. Not sure whether to believe jaynufc, why would he lie??have to agree with JSYproject though, all we can do is wait for actual confirmation from the club, it’s great seeing all these rumours but as we know 99% are made up.

• fongct

May 28, 2010 at 11:59 AM

I really hope we do our best to sign him now

Beckford is going to join Everton today (not that I want him)
    even Fletcher is out of our range now, if we dont go for him, I really dont know where is our striker that we are desperately needed come from?

• The Entertainers

May 28, 2010 at 12:01 PM

I would say the Boyd transfer is between us and any foriegn team.

We can offer him that stability of being close to home and playing for a huge PL team.

Foriegn clubs will offer money!

• Newutd

May 28, 2010 at 12:27 PM

RichK

Haha, why would he lie? Because he likes the “attention” and he probably feel good when he write his wishes and says this and this will definitely happen. Kind of like he lies to himself and others to make it feel real.

• gorskino10

May 28, 2010 at 1:04 PM

I would leave Rangers too after the service he has done and try something new, hopefully he will join us but many clubs have offered for him like Blackburn and we may lose out!

• baro

May 28, 2010 at 2:29 PM

If he comes he better score goals all the time.