Joe Ledley And Nedum Onuoha Now Out Of Reach For Newcastle


With the news today in the Sunday Sun that the Newcastle club have clarified  no money will be made available to Newcastle for transfers this summer that will put Manchester City defender Nedum Onuoha and even Cardiff City midfielder Joe Ledley out of reach for Newcastle United.

Joe Ledley – free agent but will cost around £3M

With no money available then Newcastle manager Chris Hughton will indeed be forced to bring in those free agents who are free, and any loan signings he can make.

We mention the free agents must be free – because Joe Ledley of Cardiff City will cost about £3M in compensation to his home town club.

Ledley will become a free agent at the end of June, but because he is not yet 24 years old, Cardiff can claim compensation for the player.

That compensation is estimated to be about £3M, which any club acquiring the free agent would need to pay to Cardiff City.

And it even turns out that is only true if Joe moves to a club in the Premier League or Football League – and if he moves to Rangers in the Scottish Premiership – a club said to be interested in Joe -then Cardiff would get absolutely nothing.

But a budding 23 year-old player would hardly want to go to Scotland with their bad pitches up there and inferior competition to further his career – although he will get European Champions League football.

Joe has already played close to 300 games for Cardiff and Wales.

But it looks like Joe’s another player out of range for Newcastle this summer.

Comments welcome.



You can share this articleShare on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someonePin on PinterestDigg thisShare on LinkedInShare on RedditShare on Tumblr

12 comments so far

  • geordie_india

    May 30, 2010 at 12:04 PM

    Comment #1

    Oh no, that will be a big blow. He will be a good addition , hope Chris has atleast to buy him.

    0
  • wickywoowoo

    May 30, 2010 at 12:12 PM

    Comment #2

    Joe Ledley isn’t that “budding”. He is never going to play in a top level team and Rangers would be the highlight of his career. And I am a Celtic fan.

    Tell Steven Davis and Pedro Mendes as just two recent examples of being “too good” to go to the SPL.

    0
  • Toon1978

    May 30, 2010 at 12:29 PM

    Comment #3

    Ashley will never learn. I bet he buys his kids Kinder eggs for Xmas and his wife an Ironing board. What a ar2e of an owner we have.

    0
  • listie

    May 30, 2010 at 12:40 PM

    Comment #4

    I’m still 100% convinced we have no money, even MA knows stayibg in the prem is vital and he must do everything possible to make that happen. He backed CH in the Jan window i dont see the sence in not doing the same now,which is way more important in my book

    0
  • fongct

    May 30, 2010 at 3:06 PM

    Comment #5

    as expected…so there is still nothing new so far

    until we actually pay for someone else…I expect we have zero money to spend

    0
  • snoutshuffler

    May 30, 2010 at 3:39 PM

    Comment #6

    The Sunday Sun is well known for it’s accyrate journalism, and I dont even know why it has been given the light of day!

    Aren’t they banned from SJP? Yes they are, and I’m sure thay are happy about that.

    They just stir up the proverbial and saps like yourselves lap it up and treat it like gospel!

    0
  • snoutshuffler

    May 30, 2010 at 3:46 PM

    Comment #7

    WickyWooWoo – You can hardly call the SPL anywhere near top level.

    0
  • The Bishop

    May 30, 2010 at 7:28 PM

    Comment #8

    @snoutshuffler:
    good shout mate, it’s a truly, truly awful paper

    0
  • jaynufc89

    May 31, 2010 at 5:17 AM

    Comment #9

    It wouldn’t suprise me if the press says bad things about newcastle for days to come.. we have banned 2 papers and the press are all in it together so they will go on and on just to put a downer on the fans when they actually know nothing. the Sunday sun and the sun, daily star etc etc mostly talks rubbish 80% of their news is utter rubbish and untrue.. the NOTW is sometimes accerate.. I know we have money, we’ve made a £2million bid for Porto striker ukra and it was turned down.. why would we bid with money we havert got…?. we’ve got milners and bassongs final installments coming in around £6million their. plus the sale of xisco which has been well documated by hughton that he wants to sell him. so your saying £7.5 million < the exact figure that was mentioned in the paper a few days ago . I'll ignore rumours unless its from someone I trust or its concrete and on the website.

    0
  • Solaidback

    May 31, 2010 at 10:13 AM

    Comment #10

    Oih Jaynufc89, didn’t you say we were signing both Wheater & Boyd this past weekend???

    Well its Monday & no signature for any players, never mind the 2 you banged on about, so whats the excuse, sorry reason for you duff info???

    As for there being NO MONEY, where has that come from, a source in SJP…. what a load of tosh, are we forgetting the original statement that stated unless it’s posted on the OFFICIAL WEBSSITE, then it’s bound to be crap, well this story came from the Sunday Sun of all crap-loids, so don’t believe a word of it…..

    I think that crap-loid should also be banned for life from Newcastle, never mind the ground 🙁

    As for incoming money, we have £2.5m from Northern Rock, £?m from Puma, at least £4m from the Milner sale, £?m from Zogs, Given, Martins, Bassong, etc…. so we defo have money, there’s just no plans for any capital outlay by the club, meaning, Ashley isn’t going to bankroll us this summer, I wish the crap-loids would just listen for a change instead of printing any old rubbish they please, there must be a law against selling lies to the public, especially about football, if not, then maybe someone should take a crap-loid to court for falsifying stories to sell more papers!!!

    0
  • Ericles

    May 31, 2010 at 10:16 AM

    Comment #11

    The fat man with no birth certificate never had any intention of providing transfer funds.

    0
  • Solaidback

    May 31, 2010 at 10:38 AM

    Comment #12

    Thats not true Ericles, he stumped up money in Jan to get players in, so you can’t say that until the end of August at least & even then we, the fans won’t really know if he paid for anyone or not!!!

    If no one comes in at all, then you can say that as much as you like but until then, you’re assuming he won’t & assumtion is the mother of all frakups!!

    0

You must log in to post a comment.