Onuoha Dismisses Newcastle Because Of Joey Barton

There is some discouraging news being reported in the Sunday Sun today,  regarding the Newcastle move to bring Manchester City defender Nedum Onuoha to Tyneside.

Nedum Onuoha – not coming to Newcastle?

Neil Farrington is reporting there is little chance of Nedum arriving on Tyneside.

And the reason seems to be Joey Barton – who of course had that terrible altercation with City ream-mate Ousmane Dabo back in May of 2007,  just a few months before then City manager Stuart Pearce sold him to Newcastle United for £5.8M.

The Sunday Sun is reporting the player will have little interest in moving to St James’ Park while his former City colleague Joey Barton is still at the club.

If that’s true that has to be bad news for the Newcastle club, unless Chris Hughton can persuade the Eastlands player that Joey is a changed man.

Let’s hope Nedum didn’t read about the Andy Carroll – Steven Taylor punch-up.

• G

May 30, 2010 at 11:09 AM

Neil Farrington is hardly what I would call a credible source? Sounds like 2 +2 =5 journalism to me.

• Sav

May 30, 2010 at 11:19 AM

Can’t say I’m surprised but I wouldn’t either be surprised that a player would think twice about turning his back on Barton. I thought this reaction wouls have occurred before now. Shay Given clearly hasn’t been able to convince his teammate that Joey is, in fact, a changed man.

• G

May 30, 2010 at 11:21 AM

I would like to think if we did get rejected by any player, it wouldn’t be based on past behaviour of any one individual.

• Craigg

May 30, 2010 at 11:40 AM

What a load of pathetically unresearched crap.

I watched Micah Richards being interviewed on Sky after Baton had left saying how much he and the other young lads would miss him, Actually naming Onouha, Ireland and Hart as young kids who Barton had helped establish themselves in the team and got on well with.

He also said how clique Man City was under Phsyco, With the English and Irish lads on one side and the foreign guys on the other.

So why would Onouha side with Dabo ??

Also surely as much as racism shouldnt be an issue, Onouha would rather play for a pioneering black guy who broke down barriers for him and his generation like Chris Hughton did in his Spurs heyday than some slimy flump like Bruce.

• 02jiw22

May 30, 2010 at 11:45 AM

So this story has gone on for weeks and onluy now has someone decided Onouha dislikes Barton surely that would have come to light earlier unless the whole story is false or this individual story is false

• andrewc

May 30, 2010 at 2:06 PM

I don’t believe anything that The Sun writes.

• snoutshuffler

May 30, 2010 at 3:42 PM

So Onouha is fine with Craig Bellamy then? Who tried to smash one of his fellow players legs in?

Sunday Sun again trying to generate hits. Poor form.

• Solaidback

May 31, 2010 at 7:26 AM

Well its Monday morning & I’m stili waiting for the 2 supposed signing we weregoing to make this past weekend, I believe it was Wheater & Boyd we signing for us or so someone sworeby on Friday.. 🙁

I said back then it was complete rubbish & now I await the response & excuse as to why they did sign from this person….

So come on Mr ‘I’m in the know’, whats your excuse??????

• Solaidback

May 31, 2010 at 7:27 AM

Btw, it wasm’t Ed that said it but one of the posters on this site & others too…