Lovenkrands And Carroll Deserve A Chance Next Season

Peter Lovenkrands has come out today and said he and Andy Carroll deserve the opportunity to start up front for Newcastle next season in the Premier League.

Peter Lovenkrands – deserves Premiership chance

Peter scored 16 goals in 32 appearances of Newcastle last season and Andy Carroll notched 19 goals in 42 appearances last season.

So between them they scored 35 goals for Newcastle last season and we have to hope they get close to those numbers next season in the Premiership.

Peter told the Evening Chronicle today:

“I’m delighted to be up in the Premier League again. I hope it goes a bit differently this time,”

“I obviously hope that we carry on improving, but I hope that I get credit for having been a large part of the team that got us up.”

“I think I deserve to have a good chance again in the Premier League. Now we will see what happens in the transfer window, but I think Andy Carroll and I deserve another chance.”

“We both scored goals in the Premier League before, and we can do again. We have lots of other good strikers, like Shola Ameobi and Leon Best.”

“But I have the advantage that the others are very similar, while I am a completely different type. It may be my chance.”

Lovenkrands has already scored 3 goals in 12 appearances during Newcastle’s pathetic relegation season, after Joe Kinnear signed him as a free agent in January of last year, after a brief trial on Tyneside.

But like a lot of his team-mates at Newcastle Peter, who is married to a Glasgow girl,  is very realistic and down to earth about wanting to keep Newcastle in the Premiership next season, which has to be job one.

Peter continued:

“Newcastle is a huge club, but realistically we must first only look to stay in the Premier League and then build on that afterwards,”

“Of course, we hope to create a surprise like Birmingham did last season and finish in the top 10.”  “But first we must guarantee against relegation. If we do that, we can set new goals during the season.”

If Chris can sufficiently strengthen the squad this summer, then there is a decent possibility that the team will escape a relegation struggle next season.

But it will not be easy for the Newcastle manager,  as it looks like he’ll get very little help in terms of transfer funds, from the Newcastle club.

But Chris is a down to earth manager, and he will just get on with things over the summer, and our fingers are crossed he can bring in some decent players this summer.

• Trent Toon

Jun 1, 2010 at 12:54 PM

I am agree lovenkrands was sensational last season and really came up with the goods… I do beleive he can cut it and score a few and then sell him at the end of the season for say 2 million pounds…

• Ericles

Jun 1, 2010 at 1:00 PM

I for one reckon Peter should start next season. After all he is was an international for his country, has Premiership experience and – all things considered – one our more technical players. We know Carroll will be a first choice striker too. So now CH needs to go and find his “Bosman babies” or not so young as the case may be. Things will be tough anyway when we have such a “clever” owner as cut and slashley!.

• Turkish Magpie

Jun 1, 2010 at 1:00 PM

I dont get why evryone is doubting these 2?

Last season Lovenkrands and Carroll scored in CRUCIAL games that were supposed to keep us up.

Lovenkrands may only score tap ins or 1 on 1’s but his positional awareness is amazing.

As for Carroll we all know his heading ability and physical presence and of course his ability to SCORE goals

These 2 are also a great partnership. I beleive with a bit more work these 2 could be AMAZING together!

• MacToon

Jun 1, 2010 at 1:11 PM

We will have very little options considering our transfer policy and I’d say these are the 2 better strikers at SJP at the moment.
    Although I imagine we will be forced in to having one up front for away games but two up front at home.
    We will struggle because we have an ignorant owner who loves to gamble, he will again gamble on our premiership survival.

• mattnufc

Jun 1, 2010 at 11:18 PM

These are the only two who are up to scratch. Ameobi has proven he cant play in PL, Best will probably take half a season to find his feet and Ranger simply isnt good enough yet. If Andy and McLovin get injured we’re done for.

• Sav

Jun 2, 2010 at 10:16 AM

If we don’t buy and one of these two gets injured, my only sad consolation will be the look on Ashole’s face as our gambling owner watches Shola and Best try to stop us plummeting to a relegation spot. Even WITH Carroll and Lovva, it could still happen.
    Chequebook oot Ash!