No Players Will Be Leaving Newcastle This Summer


The very last thing Chris Hughton wants to happen is to lose any of the players he currently has in the Newcastle squad.

Steven Taylor – new contract will be offered


Hughton had several meetings with Managing Director Derek Llambias since the end of the season and Chris has told Derek he doesn’t want to lose any of his current players.

There has been news on Andy  Carroll, Steven Taylor and even Kevin Nolan,  as players who other clubs may be after this summer, but no bid for any player has been placed with Newcastle – so far.

Chris told the Newcastle Journal today:

“We do need to strengthen and I’m confident the players we need to bring in will come in. But what I’ve always said is that we do not want to disrupt what we had last season too much.”

“The nucleus of the squad is going to be the same next season, but I also know that we need to strengthen and we need to improve in certain areas, and that is what I’m working towards.”

“But just as important to that is making sure we keep the players we want here – and that is something I’m also determined to do. Thankfully, so far, I’ve not had a single call from anyone asking about one of my players.”

“This is my first summer as a permanent manager, but it isn’t any different to what I experienced last season, particularly during the transfer window when we signed those players. The phone is constantly ringing, but you get used to that.”

Steven Taylor has just on e year left on his contract and will be offered a new deal before pre-season starts.

So will another local lad with a big future at Newcastle, 21 year-old Andy Carrroll, and it will be good if both players are tied down before pre-season training starts on July 7th.

Comments welcome.



You can share this articleShare on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someonePin on PinterestDigg thisShare on LinkedInShare on RedditShare on Tumblr

5 comments so far

  • coxonfamily

    Jun 8, 2010 at 11:49 AM

    Comment #1

    If Lambiarse and Cashley feel like selling im sure they will just ignore what chris wants to do anyway. I’ll just be happy when these stupid transfer windows get abolished and we can all do business without having to explain things to each other, about what the press are writing.

    0
  • Sav

    Jun 8, 2010 at 11:55 AM

    Comment #2

    If Chris had any confidence that ‘them upstairs’ were prepared to ignore calls for our players, he wouldn’t be saying ‘Thankfully, I haven’t had a single call about any of my players’.

    Mind, there could be another reason why you haven’t had a call about them, Chris. …But we won’t dwell on that.

    0
  • Ericles

    Jun 8, 2010 at 12:02 PM

    Comment #3

    Looks like we need to keep our fingers crossed along with CH. To be honest, despite his avowed aim, our manager does not sound convincingly confident. Stand your ground Chris – we are with you!

    0
  • roy cropper

    Jun 8, 2010 at 12:54 PM

    Comment #4

    if the fat creeps instructions are not along the lines of – sell to buy whilst ensuring you make a healthy profit & reduce the wage bill – then i’d be astounded.

    0
  • mrmcgee

    Jun 8, 2010 at 1:26 PM

    Comment #5

    “I’ve not had a single call from anyone asking about one of my players.”

    “The phone is constantly ringing, but you get used to that.”

    Someone needs to show Chris how to answer his new blackberry haha….. classic.

    0

You must log in to post a comment.