New Newcastle United Puma Home Strip Revealed

The Newcastle United club have today revealed Newcastle’s new black and white home strip, and surprise surprise the picture we had of the three strips a week ago, has turned out to be accurate.

Kevin, Steve and Alan showing new strip

Peter Lovenkrands with new strip

New home strip revealed with four Newcastle players

Alan Smith with new strip

Steve Harper with new goalie strip

And here’s a photo of all three strips that seemed to be accurate.

Notice below the PUMA emblem is in the middle, which we thought was odd, but it turned out that way.

We think all three Puma strips look OK to fairly good – but what do you think?

Comments very welcome.

• dougnufc

Jul 1, 2010 at 11:55 AM

Bad collar design and sleeves

• awc88

Jul 1, 2010 at 12:05 PM

sponsers and club badge look like cheap iron on transfers, ans thyre gonna have the cheek to charge 50 quid

• gunnarnufc

Jul 1, 2010 at 12:05 PM

I think it is OK. Guess I will buy one since I have bought every single NUFC strip for the last 14 years. I like the collar, but I don’t like the shorts. The puma logo on the middle of the string (of the shorts) is ugly as f***k.

Regards from Iceland,
    Gunnar

• Aza9

Jul 1, 2010 at 12:06 PM

What is with the seriously long sleeves? What is the long sleeve version of the top going to be like if that’s the short?

Think I’ll just still with the adidas strip from last year.

• petey

Jul 1, 2010 at 12:06 PM

ugly and cheap looking. Template with a nufc badge……

Also it appears they ripped the badge of our adidas kits and glued them on this one to save time…

ill be buying the 3rd kit (the white one) and staying well clear of this one

• Solaidback

Jul 1, 2010 at 12:07 PM

It looks lopsided with the crest one side & the Puma Cat in the middle… maybe they should have put the puma on the right shoulder instead or place the crest under the puma in the middle!!
    To be honest, i don’t think a lot of thought went into designing this home strip, there’s nothing really new about it, yes I know its B&W strips but they could have put a twist to that design you know, something original instead of the same….

• bema9

Jul 1, 2010 at 12:12 PM

Steve Harper’s green goalie kit will blend into the grass like the predator! Is this a good or bad thing for us I wonder? Agreed this home kit looks like no effort or nothing new.

• Tayls

Jul 1, 2010 at 12:13 PM

Personally I don’t like it at all. Shall be sticking with the CCC Champions strip next season 🙂

BTW, anyone seen the new Inter away kit? Best football strip I’ve ever seen.

• bro56

Jul 1, 2010 at 12:13 PM

lol i see the posters on here are as positive as ever.. TBH I think it looks sweet… I’ve always liked puma

• dak76

Jul 1, 2010 at 12:14 PM

Dear god, what have they done….. awful strip, cheap look with iron on badge and sponsor, complete lack of imagination, and they think / want best part of 50 quid for it!!.

Not seen anything this bad since the addidas shirt with the shield on the back (97/8 season i think)….. but even that was better than this.

Won’t be touching these with my friends barge pole nevermind my own!.

• petey

Jul 1, 2010 at 12:16 PM

tbh i do prefer iron-on sponsor….the material ones sometimes feel quite uncomfortable.

but such lack of imagination….look at kits some other clubs have, the sampdoria kit for example is amazing!

• eltoro

Jul 1, 2010 at 12:19 PM

It’s difficult to do anything different with the stripes but this just looks like they didnt try. What annoys me most is the stick on badge which seems to be common at the WC as well, when I have never seen that before. It seems a lack of respect for the club as the crest is the most important part.

Also the massive plastic northern rock logo has always frustrated me. Looks cheap and nasty and they should just make a black stripe in the kit material or write in a different colour.

• bro56

Jul 1, 2010 at 12:20 PM

petey… but such lack of imagination.. I don’t think you can do much with black n white strips..

• wsquare

Jul 1, 2010 at 12:20 PM

fugly

• gunnarnufc

Jul 1, 2010 at 12:46 PM

Tayls: Saw that inter strip before. This is so horrible. How bad taste can people possibly have?

• aguero10

Jul 1, 2010 at 12:47 PM

LOL at Kevin Nolan’s shorts, if he tries to run in them they will split

• G-Man

Jul 1, 2010 at 12:53 PM

Cheap just like the owner…….

• roy cropper

Jul 1, 2010 at 1:10 PM

it passed the sports direct standard with flying colours.

– get out of our club you fat cockney b@stard.

• G

Jul 1, 2010 at 1:13 PM

Totally agree with post 14

• petey

Jul 1, 2010 at 1:14 PM

Sorry but black and white stripes or not, you can still come up with a better design than Puma

even this guy has a better kit

• roy cropper

Jul 1, 2010 at 1:19 PM

petey – that’s the kit andy caroll will be wearing this season.

– handed down from mr barton.

• flair20

Jul 1, 2010 at 1:28 PM

I like the kit but…

1) The sponsors badge once again looks like it’s been cut out and stuck on with Pritt Stick

2) Steve Harper will blend into the grass (keepers should have bright colours to make them look big)

3) Why is the Puma logo central and club badge to the site? Imbalanced and stupid.

• petey

Jul 1, 2010 at 1:40 PM

I reckon introducing some new colours into the home kit would work….Like in 98 i believe it was when we started adding a bit of blue….
    (forgive me if this is also an older tradition but im a mere 23 years of age)

If this kit just had a little more to it, then fine, like maybe some yellow or blue striped along the collar and perhaps sleeves of the kit, and yea, move the nufc logo back to the side…

apolagize for lack of grammar but im at work so must type this messages out fast 😛

• Thump

Jul 1, 2010 at 1:45 PM

Not fond on the mint green keeper strip, but I do like he design at least (alhough I’m a bit sick of seeing it after the world cup).

As for the home kit… it’s an adidas design with the puma logo. They’ve covered the stripes on the arms up with a bit of black fabric, changed the black underarm to white and gave it more of a gentle curve. The stripes and fabric are straight from the CCC strip, the iron in sponsorship isn’t too bad (west brom have had that for ages – I think it’s to cut back expenses after relegation) and that bloody club badge looks like the old, cheap school uniforms you used to get on the quayside Market!

Aye I’ll be sticking with my SBR shirt from last year.

• Doocey

Jul 1, 2010 at 3:23 PM

Dire jersey to be quite honest about it.
    Last two season were far better, and Adidas are far superior to anything that Puma makes. A tad disappointed.

However, the third one is the one I shall purchase, the white one.

Those leaked photos were 100% dead-on, unfortunately.
    That said, it doesn’t matter too much about the jersey, it’s about how the lads play in them.

HTL

• tynesidetommo

Jul 1, 2010 at 3:48 PM

Thanks Mike,

But I’ll keep my money for the pies

• ToonArmyPGH

Jul 1, 2010 at 9:03 PM

Not a big fan. I was really hoping that we’d get a Puma kit that is essentially the one that Ghana wears when playing away, like this:

But with the black and white, of course. Tidier neckline, a modern design…and a sewn on crest!

• StuW

Jul 1, 2010 at 9:10 PM

I like it, I like the collar, something different. It’s not about the kit, though, its the players that are playing in it next season.

• phoonck

Jul 1, 2010 at 9:34 PM

ToonArmyPGH, the Puma kit that Ghana is wearing is only restricted to nations within the African continent.. at least for this world cup. maybe we can see these designs on club jerseys after 2010 or after this upcoming season, but definitely not this season or this year.

Of all Newcastle’s new Puma strip, i think the white kit is the only one I’ll buy, as the white strip is simple and quite surprisingly attractive.

• BlacknWhite Barmy

Jul 1, 2010 at 10:52 PM

In a word – underwhelmed

The spoof shirts with the nike like swoosh on the shoulders looked the business – Ill buy one when fatash opens his wallet for players