Chris Hughton Clears Up Questions On Xisco And Tozer

The Newcastle manager Chris Hughton has cleared up some questions today.

Xisco – trying to dance?

Spanish U21 International Xisco missed the game on Saturday at Carlisle, but will be back available for the trip to Carrow Road this coming weekend.

It turns out he picked up a slight knock in training last week, and didn’t make the trip to Brunton Park, but just  as a precautionary measure.

And after our article this morning on Ben Tozer, Chris has confirmed that 20 year-old Ben Tozer is indeed on trial at League One side Leyton Orient, but has not yet left St James’ Park.

The Plymouth-born defender, who arrived from Swindon Town in January of 2008, has also had trials with Yeovil Town.

The boy is contracted to Newcastle until 2012, with Newcastle  insisting today that he was still their player – but does that mean they will be sending him out on loan to one of these clubs?

Or is the idea that one of the clubs will offer him a contract, and he will leave Newcastle? We think it’s the latter.

And it’s hardly surprising  that Brighton manager Gus Poyet has said he wants19 year-old Kazenga LuaLua back on loan for next season at the south coast club.

He may get his wish too, because LuaLua needs games now to get to the next level, and there cannot be too much wrong with racking up some games for the Brighton & Hove Albion club.

Poyet said today:

“It’s not in our hands and we cannot finalise things so we need to keep waiting, unfortunately.”

Chris will no doubt want to see how Kazenga  performs in pre-season, before deciding whether to let him go out on loan again.

Chris has his hands full deciding what’s next for the many great youngsters Newcastle currently have at the club, but those are the boys who will coming though in the future.

And of course it is so important that they are well handled now, if they are to become successful Newcastle United players of the future.

Written from Plymouth, England.

• MacToon

Jul 20, 2010 at 3:54 PM

Xisco injured, lol, be good to see him play a few times atleast.

Tozer, on loan with a view to sell, well fair enough if he’s not upto scratch, same with LuaLua.

More important though, will Newcastle ban the vuvuzelas from SJP? Personally I’ve had enough of them watching 50+ games with them droning on. Be good to get back to some proper chanting and singing again imo.

I see WHU are the 4th prem team to ban them…..

• Newutd

Jul 20, 2010 at 3:59 PM

Go away Xisco…

• Robby Bobson

Jul 20, 2010 at 4:07 PM

Xisco injureD?

This happened last season and he left and said he faked it.

• ELFER

Jul 20, 2010 at 4:18 PM

MacToon: FA banned the vuvuzelas already (during the group stages of the fifa worldcup), so no disturbing noices except routledge who will gear up his turbo to cruise through all the EPL defences 😉

• ginkoh

Jul 20, 2010 at 4:42 PM

He threw away his chance to come back with injury again -*- what a waste.

• baro

Jul 20, 2010 at 4:44 PM

Get rid of both Xisco and Tozer.

• BeeGuy

Jul 20, 2010 at 5:12 PM

NUFC have a tricky balancing act in the handling of the starlets. If they want to keep them under contract, they need to use them in the reserves or loan them out where they get enough playing time that they feel satisfied at NUFC. Do that wrong & they let their contract run out & sign with another club where they will display their prowess learned at NUFC’s expense. I think the player coaching staff is too thin & not enough time will be available to properly manage these kids. With training camp underway, it seems CH et.al. will not have time to bring on the reserves coach or other staff that is needed.

• MacToon

Jul 20, 2010 at 5:17 PM

ELFER, it’s news on skysports that WHU are the 4 th team to ban them, I though the fa. had left the decision upto the individual clubs?

• Geordie-Gerrard7

Jul 20, 2010 at 5:38 PM

Unfourtunatley the f.a haven’t banned them b@stard things, i just hope we ban them pretty sharpish. Has anyone heard that we are in talks with Monaco over that south Korean striker??

• Mac

Jul 20, 2010 at 6:34 PM

Nope. What you heard GG7

• ashleys wallets cobwebs

Jul 20, 2010 at 6:40 PM

what you heard gg7 ?

• Irish Toon

Jul 20, 2010 at 7:07 PM

where was sola on saturday, did he play?

• Irish Toon

Jul 20, 2010 at 7:07 PM

shola

• Geordie-Gerrard7

Jul 20, 2010 at 7:17 PM

It was on fulham and Aston villa websites that we had agreed a deal, I don’t know owt about it, but it was meant to be a 6.7 million bid, Wich I couldn’t see.

• Stardust

Jul 20, 2010 at 7:43 PM

Hi Ed

just following on from your comment last night re

“Some former readers of course have even gone off and formed their own web-sites – and they are doing very well at it too – thinking they can do a lot better than us – funny how we inspire that opinion in our readers, isn’t it?”

The main one .org was only set up as you were closing down.

All of the originals posters – myself included – have in the main left or (in my case) been banned lol (believe it or not for no reason – honest! – more probably as I didnt like the direction .org was taking and had stopped contributing to the stories – no useful purpose anymore lol).

Toonsy is the only contributor these days as Worky treats him just as he did the other contributors before – but Toonsy seems happy enough and blind to what he has been used for.

He even thinks he set up .org now – he writes only today re your comment above

“Is that a wee dig at us from Ed?

Of course, digs are only allowed one way. If they happen on here we get the foamers on declaring foul play

Lets not forget why we setup in the first place eh?”

Two points for you to know Ed – one is Toonsy seems to have no class – he forgets your blog was the forefather to .org and two he was nowhere near when the blog set up – he is a Johnny come lately with many weaknesses in his personality.

Only a couple of days ago he banned Chuck!

Funny how weak people need to feel needed isnt it!

• jimiley

Jul 20, 2010 at 8:03 PM

Ed,
    good to see Smudger and Nolan’s pictures on the banner alongside Supermac and Shearer. They have the potential to become legends at the club. You never know, it might inspire Smudger to break his 5 year duck!!

• MacToon

Jul 20, 2010 at 8:07 PM

Lol Stardust.

Come on then tell us what direction the blog has taken and how the oracle, oh sorry Worky treats his puppets err sorry contributors?

I have popped in from time to time (rarely tbh) and noticed it now seems to be Toonsy’s little boys club chasing anyone and everyone who dares disagree.

Ah well, glad Ed decided to restart this blog…. phew 😉

• Mac

Jul 20, 2010 at 8:26 PM

Yeah think i’ll stick with the origional and best. Never been on the other blog and don’t intend to.

• Stardust

Jul 20, 2010 at 8:50 PM

MacToon – youre name should be MacTrue lol. Your summation is spot on.

There’s still a number of good posters on there – but .org was started to encourage debate – opposing views but argued well – without the insults that used to be on here (that we all – myself included used to join in on) (ok ok I could be a protagonist lol)

But nowadays there is a definite – you’re banned if you arent all crawly feel to it. And its gone all a “bit too nice” people logging on for a social life and speaking inane comments like “how are you” “Im fine man” “wow thats great you old rascal” feel to it. And its got there because of Toonsy’s insecurity and Worky’s insincerity – the posters are almost too afraid to debate (that’s my take on it anyway).

There were some great chartacters when it opened (not me obviously lol) first writing for it, but lets just say when you know someone for who they really are – folk then make their stance. And now Workys cupboard is bare.

Worky’s fundamentally a very weak and lonely man and not particularly decent bloke – i’d guess he is an only child.

Toonsy just needs to be needed but only told good things – and resents any form of debate against him – he is obviously insecure. A decent sort but he needs to be needed and that doesnt set a blog up well at all.

So its a bit like a dishonest dog owner (Worky) taking in a stray dog (Toonsy).

Worky even back edits threads to show himself in a good light after he has a fall out with contributors! A thoroughly dishonest sort (and I have the records should he ever challenge that lol)

• jimiley

Jul 20, 2010 at 9:15 PM

Ed,
    He basically wants rid of them. Another way of saying clearing up the issue.

• MacToon

Jul 20, 2010 at 9:23 PM

😆 That is shocking (about changing threads). I sometimes enjoyed articles from the likes of BBM but then noticed Woky chastising him at every opportunity.
    One thing I don’t understand is why it’s so similar to this blog and why there isn’t an indivdual feel to .org but hats my opinion, maybe it’s because there are and have been a few people involved.

and before I’m copied/pasted elsewhere I’d like to make it clear my comments here are for the sole use of nufcblog.com and no other website or organisation. You do not have permission to use any of my content in any form both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

Maybe I’ve noticed a little too much on .org recently.

• Raffo

Jul 20, 2010 at 9:31 PM

I actually like both of the blogs. I used to come on here all the time prior to ed closing it down. I think alot of people still haven’t come back realising it is back up and running. I think this site has a lot of articles written so closely that it is hard to spark a good debate, whereas thats easier on .org. I like the crack over there too but you mustve do e something to get banned stardust, I remember a while back you weren’t all that popular on here. I shall continue to contribute to both

• Stardust

Jul 20, 2010 at 9:45 PM

Yeah never asked BBM directly but he left immediately after I was banned and an disagreement with Worky – (think Worky was also pushing for more and more articles / commitment without doing any himself)

Since then BBM told me – I got banned as Worky was having a bad day and I broke rank by having a bit of banter with another poster about a little tiff he was having with Worky!

Worky then back editted threads – which I had already screen shot as I knew he was doing it and told Worky in no uncertain terms he had 24 hours to remedy it or I would commence proceedings lol (and I meant it and he knew I did lol) So I was never getting back in after that lol but I enjoyed Worky squirming all the same.

He has back edited many other disputes since – just ask Big Dave!

The blog (org) used to have an individual feel but Toonsy now just mirrors Eds style which kind of makes .org redundant in that aspect as Ed can Uziblog with the best of them.

Plus Worky has lost so many of his contributors with differing opinions its no longer a broad church / diverse.

A lot of the posters now sit patting themselves on the back aying its a great blog but they cant see theyve lost their way – the blog lost its purpose and needs to find another or its original one – still cant believe they banned Chuck!.

BBM in my opinion was the best contributor by some distance – reading between the lines Worky hated the fact BBM had a backbone and he couldnt manipulate him to do his will – Worky more or less chases him and abuses him nastily every time BBM posts anything subjective – whereas he owes BBM a great deal. BBM and Hugh are sadly missed (as are others like Deb etc)

Ed must be sitting with a wonderfully smug grin!

• Stardust

Jul 20, 2010 at 9:50 PM

Yeah Raffo I wasnt popular on here with a significant number of posters – as I didnt smash Ashley the way many others did – and I held my ground. In the middle of many arguments (it was a heated time) I would maybe be a little too direct. I likened it to windmilling in a fight at the time – somethime there were friendly fire incidents.

That could never be levelled at me on .org as I was one of the original founders of it. And I did not want the blog to turn into an angry fest so tempered my directness and we encouraged opposing views.

If you search through the backfiles of this blog a few weeks ago Raffo you will see BBM explaining why I got banned – basically for nothing as Worky was having a bad day. And Worky isnt a man who admits he is wrong ( I use the term man in the most loose sense of the word lol)

• Raffo

Jul 20, 2010 at 9:51 PM

But do they post on here or are they lost now? I know toon graeme has gone altogether and it’s a shame really. Neither worky or bbm (v occasionally) post now

• DevonMag

Jul 20, 2010 at 10:01 PM

GG7 long time no speak bud how ya been? What ya heard on the Park Chu Yong front he’s a canny little player. Any links to the fulham/villa blogs?

• Stardust

Jul 20, 2010 at 10:03 PM

I read recently BBM is going to be providing match reports – think it is for footy mad or something – just shows he was up for writing just not on .org any more.

A lot of the originals from here post on .org still. Several think Ed puts out too many thread which makes blogging tough – as you cant get into a flow of banter.

But Eds got his own reasons for being etc and maybe views are as/more important to him as opposed to comment numbers.

• Shearer

Jul 20, 2010 at 10:05 PM

Lmao isn’t that Colo behind Xisco in the picture? 😀

• MacToon

Jul 20, 2010 at 10:11 PM

Lol, I’m not sure if that was your intent Stardust (using this blog to get to another1!) but all your posts have now been copied/pasted there lmao.

• Tino 11

Jul 20, 2010 at 10:16 PM

MacToon // Jul 20, 2010 at 10:11 PM

🙂
    ———————————————–
    @ Stardust, Have you heard from Batty recently, he hasn’t been on either blog for a couple of weeks? Hope nothing has happened to his son.

• Big Dave

Jul 20, 2010 at 10:18 PM

Stardust I hope all is good with you and the Family, I for one miss you as I know some other do mate look after yourself

• MacToon

Jul 20, 2010 at 10:19 PM

Tino 11 age or IQ?

• Tino 11

Jul 20, 2010 at 10:22 PM

Inches

• Stardust

Jul 20, 2010 at 10:24 PM

Nah Tino – I like Batty a lot – I lost his msn address when I left .org as I would have dropped him a line directly to let him know the score.

Both Batty and I were in cahoots on the whole Billy Bunter “Wor Donna” gag last year

Hes a great character – mad as a hatter but great

• MacToon

Jul 20, 2010 at 10:25 PM

Atleast you have wit going for you.

• Stardust

Jul 20, 2010 at 10:26 PM

Big Dave – now then fella!

I Asked BBM to pass on my thanks for the position you held during the whole banning – you were first class fella but never got the chance to thank you directly – so a big thank you for holding the line and not letting Worky try and twist it to suit his distorted view of the world.

• MacToon

Jul 20, 2010 at 10:27 PM

Batty’s banged up or in hospital or on bleedin holiday! would be my guess.

• Stardust

Jul 20, 2010 at 10:29 PM

By the way Big Dave – I witnessed Workys back editing of “Doylumgate”

Have all the text etc if you ever need it lol 😉

And I have may many more lol 😉

When Batts appears next tell him to drop me a line in here (if hell freezes over !)

Lol Tino just seen the copying and pasting LMAO!

• Stardust

Jul 20, 2010 at 10:31 PM

Or maybe in a Turkish Prison Hospital Wing as he try to smuggle 1000 fake shell suits for his market stall into Newcastle without paying VAT by eating them?

Nowt’d surprise me!

• Tino 11

Jul 20, 2010 at 10:32 PM

Stardust // Jul 20, 2010 at 10:24 PM

Hes a great character – mad as a hatter but great
    ——————————————————
    I agree, his banter is always funny, although i imagine people reading his comments on a one off basis would get the wrong idea about him!

Billy Bunter and “Wor Donna” was class, i can’t believe nobody guessed before me that you were Billy! 🙂