Dan Gosling – I’ve Moved To A Massive Club

Dan Gosling has been talking again about his new club, Newcastle United.

Dan Gosling – I’ve Moved To A Massive Club

Dan badly injured his knee in late March and at th4 time the Everton club sasid he could be our of action for 9 months – so it’s still a good few months until he’ll be able to play again – and there’s no way he will be rushed back.

Gosling told the Evening Chronicle today:

“It would be stupid to rush back.”

“It has been a while now, but I just have to work hard and get back that way.”

“I’m delighted to be here – I feel I’ve moved to a massive club.”

Gosling seems to have been quickly melded into the squad by the players, and he was at Dublin, and then on Tyneside, so he’s been with the lads a lot already.

Dan continued:

“I’ve met the lads already – I was in Dublin when they were there and had my medical.”   “They’ve made me feel really welcome.”

“And I haven’t taken long to settle down.”“I know a few of them already from the England set-up, like Andy Carroll and Nile Ranger.”  “So it’s good to know a few familiar faces.”

And Gosling, who was born in Brixham, a small fishing town in Devon, which is at the southern end of  and  just across the bay from Torquay, also said he was at the game with his former club Plymouth Argyle, when Newcastle clinched the title at Home Park last April.

Maybe that night is when Dan had the vision of playing football for a club who are so well supported all around the country – never mind the huge crowds Newcastle always get at St. James’ Park.

There was a sizable contingent there at Home Park in April, and wild scenes between players and fans alike, after the 2-0 win.

Dan went on:

“They had a good season last year.” “They were playing at my old club Plymouth last season, when they won the Championship, so I saw what it was all about then.

It’s just great to have Dan on board, but it could well be another four or five months before he makes his debut for Newcastle United.

Written from Newcastle Upon Tyne, England.

• Thump

Jul 23, 2010 at 3:09 PM

Four or five months is a small price to pay for a player of that calibre imo. Definitely worth the wait.

• Chris F

Jul 23, 2010 at 3:23 PM

could turn out to be the bargain of the summer, as long as his knee mends well.

• G

Jul 23, 2010 at 3:29 PM

At least the knee injury should’t affect his pace, as his pace (or rather his lack of it?) was never a factor for his game. Cracking little player, can’t wait to see him start kicking a ball in anger for us.

• murvar

Jul 23, 2010 at 3:45 PM

We have something of an embarrassment of riches in midfield – Nolan, Smith, Guthrie, Barton, Routledge, Gutierrez, Vuckic, Gosling, poss Lua Lua. Some unhappy campers after a few weeks of the season, methinks…….

• toonfin

Jul 23, 2010 at 4:05 PM

y on earth have we let bramble sign for the mackems………….he should stil b a toon player….

naaatttttt hahahahahahahahaah how must they feel after all the years of calling him

• hollandes

Jul 23, 2010 at 4:22 PM

I wouldn’t say we have an embarassment of riches, more like we have an abundance of good but still, in terms of premier league level, mediocre/slightly above average midfielders

• AndyMac

Jul 23, 2010 at 7:51 PM

I’m sorry but why are we all creaming ourselves because an Everton reject has signed for the Toon ?

Gosling fits in alonside all our other central midfielders and note the term “fits in” and not “stands out”.

OK we’re broke and this current FatMan doesnt want to splash out like the previous FatMan but getting our panties up in a bunch over yet another central midfeilder doesnt make a lot of sense to me.

Now had he been an attacking midfielder with playmaking tendencies that might have been another strory………………….

• Charlietoon

Jul 24, 2010 at 12:15 AM

I think he an investment for the future and even if he does not make the grade we’ll be able to sell him for enough to get our money back.

I think you’ll find us starting with a five man midfield in a lot of games with carroll up front and smith in front of the backs. With Wayne and Lua or Cleverly on the right and Gutti on the left we actually perfectly set up in midfield. Guthrie,Barton, Nolan and Vukic will be our go to guys in this position and I can see Houghton often taking smith and a centre mid off and chucking a like for like and a striker when we want to get a late goal. When Gosling is fit he is going to need to earn his place

• ProudToBeAGeordie

Jul 24, 2010 at 4:15 AM

This kid is pure class,who cares what wages he is on ! We got him for free,Thats a bonus…….. thins like this never happen for us as a club…. Lets jsut be happy…. Hoping the future is great for us !

• nabil the toon

Jul 24, 2010 at 8:33 AM

he is pure a classs have a great future i want Barton to leave to free up some space in the Midfield so we can give chance to Vuckic and Gosling to shine

• lewman

Jul 24, 2010 at 1:55 PM

BARTON LEAVE!!!!, he is probably the most talented midfielder we have ( possibly apart from vuckic). get rid of smith maybe but a fit barton would be immense.

• chuck

Jul 25, 2010 at 2:41 PM

Yeah sure !
    guess the fact the £25k. offered as opposed to the £15/£18k on offer from Everton had nothing to do with the move ?