Nolan Wants As Many Goals As Possible Next Season

It seems like Kevin Nolan is again after the goals this coming season for Newcastle, and of course Kevin used to score regularly for Bolton when he was captain of the Lancashire club.

Kevin Nolan – wants more goals next season

And news today that he could even start next season in his role playing just behind the physical local lad up front, Andy Carroll.

But it seems that Nolan is aiming for lots of goals next season, as he told the Evening Chronicle today:

“I made no secret of the fact I wanted goals last year.” “I got them, and this year’s the same – I want to get as many goals as I can.”

“I’ve got a target in mind, and if I reach that, that’ll help the team make sure we secure Premier League status for the next year.” “I’m not going to tell you it! (his goal target) If I pass it, I’ll tell you.”

“Hopefully, I will be on the scoresheet as often as I was in the Championship, and we’ll get the chances, and I’ll get the chances, we need.”

Nolan and Newcastle  will continue their preparation for the new season with a tough  friendly game with Deportivo in Spain tonight at La Riazor, and we have a feeling the lads can even win the game – but we’ll see.

The game follows the 2-2 draw with PSV Eindhoven on Saturday, and there were many positives that Newcastle and manager Hughton could take out of that game, not the least of which was coming back from 2 goals down in that excellent second half effort.

Kevin continued:

“I feel good at this moment in time. I came back with a nice base to work on for six weeks to make sure I’m fit for Man United.

“My fitness is going up, and I’m feeling better and better.

“I’m feeling sharper in games, but we’ve got to keep going on that steady increase.”

Kevin had a good game on Saturday against PSV, and in that first half when Newcastle looked very poor, Kevin had a couple of half chances, but his first touch just wasn’t there.

Otherwise Kevin could have got a couple in the first half, and even though he didn’t score, he still looked the most dangerous forward for Newcastle in the first 45 minutes.

We have great confidence in Kevin, both as a footballer and as a man, and he has that never-say-die spirit and is a huge influence in the Newcastle dressing room.

In short, we are so pleased Kevin is now on Tyneside.

Comments welcome.

• baro

Aug 3, 2010 at 6:25 PM

He did bang in 19 goals last year which was really surprising in my opinion.But that was the championship league. I’d be surprised if he gets 5+ goals this year in the Premier League. He will be our captain.

• Darling27

Aug 3, 2010 at 6:26 PM

Nolan For Captain!!!

• baro

Aug 3, 2010 at 6:26 PM

TRANSLATED VERSION UNDER-

Michel on Tuesday morning Ouazine advised and friend of the middle Marseille Hatem Ben Arfa, was central to Robert Louis-Dreyfus, where he met with athletic director of OM, after talking on the phone. While Ben Arfa participated in training with his (future ex) partners, Michael Ouazine had again rejected offers from Werder Bremen. Klaus Allofs insisted in person to enlist the former Lyonnais .
    Hatem Ben Arfa but refuses a destination other than England. Having shown a major interest in the player, the leaders of Newcastle are currently on deaf ears, but their silence is more like a war of nerves because everything seems set between the club, Olympique Marseille and Ben Arfa to finalize the loan with option to buy Ben Arfa.

• baro

Aug 3, 2010 at 6:31 PM

Excactly the perfect reason we bought Sol Campbell. Teaching our young defenders James Tavernier.

• james19

Aug 3, 2010 at 6:31 PM

what a coup this would be for our club, and a fantastic piece of business if we managed to get him on loan for a year with an option to buy anytime – ben arfa is better than nzogbia from the few games iv seen him play and might be able to give us a bit of guile we soo badly are lacking atm! If this happens + a few others( a striker and a wingback) i think we may have a squad capable of coping with the Premiership. Lets just hope we dont sell any of our better players! as for nolan- lets see if he can recapture last years form and take it into the premiership!

• MacToon

Aug 3, 2010 at 6:37 PM

Nolan Wants As Many Goals As Possible Next Season, what a coincidence, I want Nolan To Get As Many Goals As Possible Next Season

• jimiley

Aug 3, 2010 at 6:39 PM

I reckon Nolan can score 15 goals in the Prem. I know that it is a lot, but there are a lot of rubbish teams in this league.
    Smudger for captain.

• slazberger

Aug 3, 2010 at 6:53 PM

its sites like that one spartanchris which is going to have us labled as a laughing stock and soap opera club again. i cant see the point in an article that is 100% negative about the club

• baro

Aug 3, 2010 at 6:58 PM

SpartanChris

I am right with you, they always put up a load of crap stories. Than a Daily Mail, or Sunday Sun will read the article and make a rubbish story that is completely nonsense from the site.

• Toon_Fresh

Aug 3, 2010 at 7:14 PM

I was going to post this on the Ben Arfa article, but I keep getting the cell phone version of the page that won’t let me post on it. Link for the game tonight:

should be up when game starts

• baro

Aug 3, 2010 at 7:20 PM

• jesmag

Aug 4, 2010 at 6:37 PM

Agree with jimiley, but Kev needs to drop abou t10 kilos by the 16th. How can a professional let himself go so much over the summer? We need him to keep up with play or he won’t get the goals we need next season.