Newcastle Still Assessing Carroll Back Injury

It’s a little worrying that Andy Carroll felt his back in the first half at Rangers on Saturday afternoon, and was replaced at half time by Shola Ameobi as a precaution.

Andy Carroll – Newcastle still assessing his back injury

Newcastle withdrew Andy yesterday from the England U21 squad to play Uzbekistan tonight,  as a further precaution, until they can fully assess exactly what is wrong with the player.

The news today is there is not too many worries about Carroll’s fitness, and with the first game still 6 days away there is extra time for Carroll to overcome the pain he felt in his back, both during and after the game on Saturday.

Newcastle manager Chris Hughton said today:

“Andy felt his back at half-time and was still in a little bit of pain after the game,” “The FA allowed us to withdraw him because the game with Uzbekistan is on Tuesday night.”

We have to hope things will clear up quickly  for Andy this week, and of course he will already be having treatment with the Newcastle physios,  in the hope the number 9 can start the game at Old Trafford next Monday evening.

• NUFC_Richyg01

Aug 10, 2010 at 10:24 AM

McLoven will be our lone striker against manure then!

GOOD – He is our BEST striker!

• repo

Aug 10, 2010 at 10:33 AM

honest all tell me will any of our strikers get into double figures this season.?

we got 6 strikers we need to least get rid of xisco and shola and use both combined cash for a striker that can least score 15 to 20 goals.

• Solaidback

Aug 10, 2010 at 10:34 AM

It’s seems a lot of clubs are withdrawing their players or getting them to retire from International duties this week… lol

Bent has been withdrawn from the England squad, Brown & Robinson quit, so Capello would have been looking to add players from the U21 to fill spaces & Carroll would probably have been one of them, so a little incidental that he’s got a back problem too.. lol

Not that I’m saying that our club would do anything like that but having watched the match against Rangers, I don’t remember seeing him get hurt in the 1st half either but eh, who am I to argue with the Newcastle physio team or manager 🙂

• repo

Aug 10, 2010 at 10:45 AM

its could be a smoke screen to cover up for him playing at manusa saying he’s injured so fergie will think ohhh well it be easy ohh wes brown your playing centre back on monday night.

and yet behold carrol starts…

• NUFC_Richyg01

Aug 10, 2010 at 10:49 AM

@repo (4)

Think the Charity Shield match shows that we will get trounced what ever side they field!

• repo

Aug 10, 2010 at 10:53 AM

But people said we would get hammered the 1st game of the season last time and we got a 1-1 draw with them and we were the better side for most of the game..

• NUFC_Richyg01

Aug 10, 2010 at 10:55 AM

Its okay being the better side (as against Rangers) but that doesnt get you the points!

• tjshawsey

Aug 10, 2010 at 11:10 AM

“France Football claims Newcastle United have seen a 6million euros (£5million) bid for Paris St Germain striker Mevlut Erding rejected. ”
    On skysports this morning

• Sir Erec

Aug 10, 2010 at 11:11 AM

sneaky suspicion that this might just be a ploy to keep him from joining up with the U21’s.

perhaps just perhaps there is a behind the doors friendly, to check out trialists and maybe hughton wants carroll to play in it to get some more match time?

just pure speculation.

• Sir Erec

Aug 10, 2010 at 11:13 AM

my thoughts on the behind the doors friendly stems from the fact that hughton said he would stage them to help campbell ease his way back into the first team. and by the count of it, campbell should be about 2 weeks left for his preseason, which seems like a decent time to give him a small run out

• geordielad880

Aug 10, 2010 at 11:17 AM

Invited to the show, in its new format, “Un Jour à l’OM” on OMtv, the OM President took a look at all the names linked with OM during this transfer window.

Hatem Ben Arfa
    “Newcastle United are interested but for the moment we have not reached an agreement, so we aren’t talking about it. We are working with the representatives of Newcastle and with Hatem Ben Arfa.”

Taken off the OM official website

• Solaidback

Aug 10, 2010 at 11:25 AM

Yeah but the last time we played them & git the draw, we had striking options like Owne, Martins, Viduka who were all 15-20 goal a season strikers at there best, now we have Xisco, Best, Shola etc… 🙁

• geordielad880

Aug 10, 2010 at 11:28 AM

yeah i heard newcastle had a bid turned down for him.

Why would they accept around 6 million euros??? they paid more than that, and he has been a success, i think fat ashley just makes offers he knows wont be accepted, so it looks like he is trying, like what he did with k.richardson and Bastian Schweinsteiger.

Mevlut signed for PSG on 28 June 2009 on a four year contract,[4] for a reported €9 million.[5] Having previously scored 11 goals in the league for the past two seasons for relegation-threatened Sochaux, there was a lot of speculation about his future prior to the move to PSG. Aston Villa, Fulham Newcastle United FC and Wigan reportedly showing an interest in May 2009[6], as well as other French sides Bordeaux and Lyon[7]

• NUFC_Richyg01

Aug 10, 2010 at 12:20 PM

Isnt that Erding rumour an old one?

We were linked to him before Im sure

• NUFC_Richyg01

Aug 10, 2010 at 12:21 PM

AH yes, as Geordielad880 has said, May 2009

Just SSN diggin up old news!

Aug 10, 2010 at 12:39 PM

STARDUST STARDUST WHERE ARE U

Aug 10, 2010 at 12:41 PM

WICKY WOOWOO I WONT GO ANY WHERE NEAR U SO I CANT CONTRACT HIV U DIRTY JOCK NONSE

• Stardust

Aug 10, 2010 at 1:03 PM

batty // Aug 10, 2010 at 12:39 PM

STARDUST STARDUST WHERE ARE U

NOW THEN BATTS!

• Stardust

Aug 10, 2010 at 1:07 PM

Long time no speak fella – I was saying to Dave I was going to drop you an email to let you know the score but I havent got access to the .org messenger anymore so I couldnt remember any more than the DH part of your address

Got to admit – I am ashamed of you letting Worky ban me for nowt! You just rolled over and let him tickle your tummy – you must be getting soft in your old age!

Aug 10, 2010 at 1:19 PM

lol stardy i did have a few words iam gonna ask him if ya can get back on are u still sucking up too thefat cockney b@stard 😆

• Stardust

Aug 10, 2010 at 1:30 PM

lol – nah no point asking him – I’ve burned my bridges now – told everyone what a liar he is and I copied blogs he was back editing after arguments with people (including me and Big Dave) to make himself look better.

Was really pleased after the banning folks stood up for me as I had done nowt wrong – BBM left straight after – and Toonsy is happy as he thinks its his blog now lol (until Worky falls out with him too) – theres none of the originals left!

So I will call you Batty the Scab from now on lol.

And as for Sir Mike – aye I am happy enough the way we are heading – and I know you are too!

• Stardust

Aug 10, 2010 at 1:33 PM

BATS = “Batty The Scab” lol

Aug 10, 2010 at 1:34 PM

SIR MIKE LOL

Aug 10, 2010 at 1:35 PM

never been a scab ya c u nt

• Stardust

Aug 10, 2010 at 1:36 PM

Worky and Batty sitting in a tree……….. K. I. S. S. I. N. G.

Aug 10, 2010 at 1:38 PM

😆

• Stardust

Aug 10, 2010 at 1:39 PM

Forecast for this season BATS? I say 14th to 10th will be a decent enough year – I dont think anywhere up to 7th is out of the question IF we get on a roll like last year.

I dont fear most teams apart from the obvious.

Where’s your money this year? It was bang on last?

Aug 10, 2010 at 1:43 PM

11th too 14th paying 4 to 1 stardy ile have a bash at that

• MOONDUST

Aug 10, 2010 at 1:44 PM

Aye aye whats going on here and hows my 2 fav bloggers going longtime no speak. Stardy you are missed on .org and I wont be back on untill your back as a protest I was gona get the bedsheets out but dont think you’d be happy with me then. batts havn’t seen you on in ages where have ye been

• Stardust

Aug 10, 2010 at 1:46 PM

lol – Moondust but your wrong – Ive been painting mine and I have been waiting ootside the “internet” telling folks “Worky the cockerney barsteward oot”

• NUFC_Richyg01

Aug 10, 2010 at 1:47 PM

WOH, whats happened here, personal chatroom or something?!

Aug 10, 2010 at 1:48 PM

lol moondust own up who are u

Aug 10, 2010 at 1:48 PM

lol stardust

• MOONDUST

Aug 10, 2010 at 1:49 PM

batts hows the son big dave was telling me he’s back safe and sound.
    Stardy have you asked workyticket for another chance

Aug 10, 2010 at 1:50 PM

stardy i fell oot with all the yanks and jocks on org wen the world cup was on lol

• Stardust

Aug 10, 2010 at 1:51 PM

NUFC_Richy01 – stand by for abuse – BATS – feel free lol.

Always though Moondust could be Stu? Or Roy?

• MOONDUST

Aug 10, 2010 at 1:51 PM

NUFC_Richyg01 this place is our place we say what goes

Aug 10, 2010 at 1:52 PM

moon aye he came back 2 weeks ago hes oot for good now hes gonna become a fireman

Aug 10, 2010 at 1:52 PM

well ya kna who roy is dont ya stardy ?

Aug 10, 2010 at 1:53 PM

think theres a lot of bloggers with short memorys who havent met wor billy lol

1 2 3 6