Ben Arfa – Newcastle’s Chris Hughton Understands Who I Am

Ben Arfa has added to the slanging match going on between the Olympique Marseilles club and the player and his representatives today.

Ben Arfa – Chris Hughton understands me

Ben Arfa has not only come out and criticized current Marseilles manager Didier Descahmps, but has also said that Newcastle manager Chris Hughton understands him and who he is, and that is the main reason he wants to join Newcastle United.

These are the 23 year-old’s comments directed at current Marseilles manager Didier Deschamps:

“It’s because the club officials don’t give a damn about me that today I announce that I am prepared to put my career on hold if they do not accept the offer from Newcastle as agreed at the start.”“I am prepared not to play all season.”

“I am not just a sack of dirty washing or a piece of shit. I will do what it takes and I will organise myself to train physically.”  “When he (Deschamps) talks to me I always have the feeling that there is something else going on inside his head.”

“The coach, Deschamps,  can say what he wants, it’s over. I was undesirable 3 weeks ago and now I am indispensable?”  “If I had any doubt I would have dropped Newcastle from the beginning.”

“I know what Chris Hughton thinks about me – he understands who I am – what kind of player I am. It’s for this reason that I’d like to join Newcastle.”  “It’s over.”

“I’m ready to not play for OM this season. I have my pride, my dignity. I’m not a make-weight.”

We can only assume from these comments that Chris has already talked with the player – and has duly impressed him.

But this situation is getting a little too bizarre for everybody – and the sooner it is all worked out and brought to a conclusion – the better for all concerned.

But we still expect Ben Arfa to be a Newcastle player before we meet Aston Villa next weekend, and there’s no doubt that this lad will be a challenge for  any manager – including Chris Hughotn.

• JonathonGutierrez

Aug 16, 2010 at 12:42 AM

wow strong words

• Howay The Lads

Aug 16, 2010 at 12:46 AM

Gonna say, Jonathon!

Amazing statement.

Hughton is a Geordie, Hughton is a Geordie, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah.

• JonathonGutierrez

Aug 16, 2010 at 12:51 AM

hahaaa 🙂 hope things get sorted in the next couple of days 😀

• Thump

Aug 16, 2010 at 12:53 AM

This is the first time he’s actually said he wants to play in black and white, isn’t it?

Good to see Christ has started to work his magic on him, though. Let’s just hope we can get this dealt with asap.

• Hatem Ben Arfa

Aug 16, 2010 at 12:55 AM

That’s the spirit Arfa 😀 😀

• Brutooon

Aug 16, 2010 at 12:56 AM

come on!

I want to put my nufc jersey with his name already!

• Hatem Ben Arfa

Aug 16, 2010 at 12:58 AM

same Brutooon 🙂

• JonathonGutierrez

Aug 16, 2010 at 1:01 AM

what number do you think he’ll play as?

• lewman

Aug 16, 2010 at 1:01 AM

can ben arfa speak english or hughton speak french, i think hughtons lack of an ego will be perfect for a player like ben arfa, in the same way he has done wonders with joey barton.

i doubt he would have been to interested in us if we had graham souness or even alan shearer in charge as they would surely clash very quickly.

hughtons personality comes across as similar to the great sir bobbys as he seems like such a nice bloke, lets just hope he has the tactical sense to go along with it for this coming season.

• lewman

Aug 16, 2010 at 1:03 AM

22 i reckon

• JonathonGutierrez

Aug 16, 2010 at 1:04 AM

which numbers are free like?

• lewman

Aug 16, 2010 at 1:05 AM

13 22 and 24

• Howay The Lads

Aug 16, 2010 at 1:06 AM

Numbers free are: 22, 24, 34, 36-43, 45, 46 and 47+

• JonathonGutierrez

Aug 16, 2010 at 1:10 AM

ah well, no good ones really, but hey its just a number 😛

• lewman

Aug 16, 2010 at 1:10 AM

sorrry i didnt bother with the high up numbers as he normally plays as a number 20 for om i think.
    htl has someone taken the number 13 shirt or do we not give it out.

• lewman

Aug 16, 2010 at 1:11 AM

also i think tavernier is 49

• lewman

Aug 16, 2010 at 1:12 AM

oh sorry forget that he is 44

• GeordieToon89

Aug 16, 2010 at 1:12 AM

a rekon wor benny will join tmorro and could be in stadium tmoro night also think he’l get number 24 then end of season get no.10 off routledge

• GeordieToon89

Aug 16, 2010 at 1:13 AM

hes no.10 for marseille a think

• Howay The Lads

Aug 16, 2010 at 1:14 AM

Nah, I just skipped it as I thought one of the goalkeepers might take it, but y’know if that’s what’ll persuade Ben Arfa to sign, et him have it 😆

• howay man

Aug 16, 2010 at 1:16 AM

maybes these words will encourage us to lodge in a permanent offer.

• balubas1

Aug 16, 2010 at 1:17 AM

wow. some positive remarks here.. just waiting for geordielad880 or Rotonda Heights to knock out what we have left of positivity in the club. (or on this blog anyways..)

• JonathonGutierrez

Aug 16, 2010 at 1:17 AM

Yeah he’s number 10 for OM

• lewman

Aug 16, 2010 at 1:21 AM

that geordielad880 seems a bit mellowed out recently, he didnt want us to get ben arfa a while back but he seems to have changed his mind.
    also he seems to have a number 20 or a number 18 in all the pics that i have seen

• GeordieToon89

Aug 16, 2010 at 1:29 AM

mehh wal jus hav t see wha he chooses hopefully thal be a good few pics on the offical website tmorro afternoon

• MacToon

Aug 16, 2010 at 1:36 AM

Thump // Aug 16, 2010 at 12:53 AM

Good to see Christ has started to work his magic on him

Errr I know he’s done miracles here but I’m sure he’s not the second coming 😉

• GeordieToon89

Aug 16, 2010 at 1:36 AM

also i think he would score quite a few goals in the prem league as his style of play suits our league, just look at c.ronaldo he plays the same sort of way and managed a hek of alot of goals, so if arfa can fulfil his true potential we could have a superstar on our books for a few years to come 🙂
    Howay the TOON!!

• Bucks mag

Aug 16, 2010 at 1:36 AM

Oh what a type we’d have on our hands if we sign him. Typically French – pig headed, vulgar but overly dramatic. We need him, don’t get me wrong, but I’m sure stories will arise of indiscipline. He looks typical of a NUFC fan favourite – temperamental, with obvious talent that is only released in short brilliant bursts – see Tino, Robert, Martins, Bellars. We seem to love players with flaws, I know I do.

• GeordieToon89

Aug 16, 2010 at 1:37 AM

btw im not saying that arfa is as good as ronaldo just yet he was just an example that came to mind

• GeordieToon89

Aug 16, 2010 at 1:40 AM

everyone makes mistakes during life some more than others and i would like to believe that this move could help change him and get the best out of him, ive read about french fans saying he could be lively for 10mins in a game then nothing atall during rest of game, i suppose we’ll just have to hope for the best because they is no doubting this lads talent and potential

• GeordieToon89

Aug 16, 2010 at 1:42 AM

im just hoping we are working hard on other deals on not just dependant on this one as we could be in deep stum if we dont act quick, ideally we should be finished in transfer market by end of this week in time for villa next week, baring any injurys or outgoing sales of course

• howay man

Aug 16, 2010 at 1:42 AM

—————–Harper
    Perch Coloccini Williamson Enrique
    Guthrie Barton Nolan Smith Gutierrez
    ——————–Carroll

get in 2 or 3 early challenges and let them know they’re in a game, take no sh1t in the middle, a 5 man arsenal of battlers should do the job. Routledge and Lovenkrands on in the last half an hour to run at tired legs.

• Thump

Aug 16, 2010 at 1:43 AM

It’s fascinating reading the comments here. Early on until about 5ish we get the cynics in saying how we’re going to be relegated again unless we sign Robhino and C. Ronaldo, then later on you get the more positive people saying how we’re going to survive and that.

I like this time better!

• GeordieToon89

Aug 16, 2010 at 1:49 AM

exactly thump ive noticed that,

i think we could survive with the team weve got at the moment to be honest i think it would be a struggle maybe 15th-17th but the players can certainly play at this level just need to be consistant and hav a bit of look without injurys, we would never have been relegated had we not had half out team injured for most of that season and obv the club being in turmoil behind the scenes, we seem to be on a little bit more of steady footing now. and at the end of the day its survival for the first season back and all about rebuilding the club and i think ch is the right man in charge to do that all the players seem to believe in him and thats what you want weve never had that since sir bobby

• Howay The Lads

Aug 16, 2010 at 1:50 AM

Thump, I know, right?

I’m going to uni in Autumn and I don’t have a job so you can imagine what I’ve been doing all holiday 😉

The only bad thing is partying until whenever means I get up proper late and all my sleep’s out of sync, but this get’s me through the (very late) night 😀

• GeordieToon89

Aug 16, 2010 at 1:54 AM

anyone else think we should ask for carlos vela on loan from arsenal

• MacToon

Aug 16, 2010 at 1:55 AM

Howay The Lads // Aug 16, 2010 at 1:50 AM

Thump, I know, right?

===============

What, a trip to the optician needed then?

• Howay The Lads

Aug 16, 2010 at 1:57 AM

Haha 😆

Not just yet, maybe by the end though 😉

• MacToon

Aug 16, 2010 at 2:03 AM

🙂 glad you found it funny HTL, been drinking JD so I’m easily amused.

Can’t believe we’ve got Man U in a matter of hours and pitting our CCC team against them. One thing though, Leeds did it with a lesser team/squad 🙂

• Howay The Lads

Aug 16, 2010 at 2:09 AM

I’m really nervous about it, tbh.

I think it’s because it’s on TV, and the last time I went to a night game their we got beat 6-0 even though it was 0-0 at half time 🙁

I just hope we give them a game and maybe nick a point while we’re at it