We are not surprised in the least that a short 18 months after Charles N’Zogbia left Newcastle for Wigan Athletic, he is now itching for a move away from the Wigan club.
N’Zogbia – while still on Newcastle’s books
And it seems the lad has gone on strike at the Lancashire club as manager Roberto Martinez claimed the winger was “not in the right frame of mind” to play in the 4-0 humiliation at home on Saturday, by heavy relegation favorites Blackpool, and at the DW Stadium too.
But the reports are that N’Zogbia, his own biggest fan, told Roberto Martinez he would not play and is out to get a move away from Wigan.
Birmingham have recently had an £8M offer for the Frenchman turned down, as Wigan are attempting to get Brum to increase their offer, with no success, at least so far.
A source close to N’Zogbia, 24, said:
“Charles is desperate to get out of Wigan. He wants a new challenge and feels the club is not being straight with him.”
But there’s a pattern to all of this, as Charles seems to completely over-rate himself as a player, and even before the World Cup this summer, he talked about even playing for England – because he couldn’t get into the French side.
And if Charles gets his wish and does move to Birmingham – how long will it be before he wants out of Birmingham – maybe even less than 18 months, we would suggest.
We know Charles very well from his four years on Tyneside, and he still seems to act like a child – and we’re sorry to have to say that – but it’s the truth.