Newcastle To Make Improved Offer For Dutchman Leroy Fer?


News recently that Feyenoord have turned down a bid from Newcastle United for their central midfielder Leroy Fer.

Leroy Fer – Newcastle back with an improved offer?

Fer just recently received his first cap for the Netherlands last week, and the 20 year-old central midfielder has attracted interest from both Newcastle United and Everton.

But Feyenoord are in financial difficulties, and that could well help Newcastle make a deal, but the Dutch club still rejected the Newcastle offer for Fer, said to be around £4M, and they told the Tyneside club Fer was not for sale.

However, Dutch sources expect Newcastle to make an improved offer in the coming days, so we are hoping something comes of this.

We hope this story has some truth to it, because this lad looks like a great acquisition for Newcastle, young – already a good player, and lots of improvement still possible in the next couple of seasons as he matures.

The massive 6’2″ midfielder has played for Feyenoord 79 times with 10 goals so far in his career.

Comments welcome.



You can share this articleShare on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someonePin on PinterestDigg thisShare on LinkedInShare on RedditShare on Tumblr

434 comments so far

  • Rotonda heights

    Aug 19, 2010 at 1:49 PM

    Comment #1

    Ed tribal is not a reliable source.

    0
  • Rotonda heights

    Aug 19, 2010 at 1:49 PM

    Comment #2

    I like how you put an optimistic slant on the title even though we were rejected !

    0
  • hiimbart

    Aug 19, 2010 at 1:57 PM

    Comment #3

    As far as I can tell, Tribal just picked up the story a couple days late. Would love to hear about some real development because the kid looks class.

    0
  • geordielad880

    Aug 19, 2010 at 1:57 PM

    Comment #4

    its a load of rubbish, we never even made a first offer, we couldnt afford him, and he could go to bigger clubs than us

    0
  • Malaysia-RASHID

    Aug 19, 2010 at 2:00 PM

    Comment #5

    bla bla bla bla bla…..boooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrinnnnnnnnng

    0
  • Oba

    Aug 19, 2010 at 2:00 PM

    Comment #6

    Probably absolutely no interest from us whatsoever.

    0
  • Stuart

    Aug 19, 2010 at 2:01 PM

    Comment #7

    ‘sources expect Newcastle to make an improved offer in the coming days’

    How many times we heard that this window now?

    Ashleys idea of an improved bid would be to stick on a fiver and a bag of chips.

    0
  • hadthetshirt

    Aug 19, 2010 at 2:04 PM

    Comment #8

    So we offered 3 mars bars instead of 2.Ashley won’t spend the money,go on geeza surprise us.

    0
  • NUFC_Richyg01

    Aug 19, 2010 at 2:05 PM

    Comment #9

    Not sure if that was the offer we were meant to have submitted last week, so this may be old news anyway, and if it is, that means we aint going back in for him!

    0
  • NUFC_Richyg01

    Aug 19, 2010 at 2:06 PM

    Comment #10

    @ Stuart // Aug 19, 2010 at 2:01 PM

    ARE YOU MAD?!?

    Ashley would not give away chips!

    hmmm… Maybe thats why no-one is coming, wonder if Perch is not a fan of chips?!

    0
  • geordielad880

    Aug 19, 2010 at 2:07 PM

    Comment #11

    im bored of all this tosh now, we arent getting anyone worth mentioning, bring on lloyd samuel and dave kitson!!

    0
  • Stuart

    Aug 19, 2010 at 2:11 PM

    Comment #12

    I didnt think that through like, the fat man giving away food? What was I thinking haha!

    0
  • gunnarnufc

    Aug 19, 2010 at 2:14 PM

    Comment #13

    This is getting very sad.

    0
  • coxonfamily

    Aug 19, 2010 at 2:14 PM

    Comment #14

    Is it just me or are we only bidding on players whose teams are in financial difficulties… so its not exactly players who are top of our list, its just the players who might be cheaper? lol

    0
  • Teamstoof

    Aug 19, 2010 at 2:15 PM

    Comment #15

    jada jada jada….
    this is a never ending story, the say that hope is the last thing that you loose, now i have nothing!

    0
  • roblee7

    Aug 19, 2010 at 2:18 PM

    Comment #16

    I reckon a miserable season lies ahead, with 2 poor signings this transfer window (not sure who) and us finishing just above the relegation zone, which is just how Mr. Ashley wants it so it seems! Dear me, what has happened to NUFC? I cannot remember us having a chairman with such a lack of ambition as this man!!! I mean, if we come 16th or 17th this is seen as success….we’re doomed under this regime!!!

    0
  • Stuart

    Aug 19, 2010 at 2:21 PM

    Comment #17

    I agree roblee. Most fans do expect us to finish around 17th this season, and to be honest, at the minute it would be difficult to expect anymore.

    But if Ashley just showed the tiniest bit of ambition and dipped his hand in his pocket before the window closes we will be in a much stronger position.

    0
  • roblee7

    Aug 19, 2010 at 2:21 PM

    Comment #18

    i mean, really, why aren’t we aiming high…you have to with everything you do (as a professional), right?? And not to sound like a total doom and gloomer, but i HATE the style of football we play, negative defensive garbage.it really is truly awful and reminiscent of the Sounness and Allardyce era’s….sorry, but that does not excite me!!!Season ticket? No thanks.

    0
  • kentonmags

    Aug 19, 2010 at 2:22 PM

    Comment #19

    it saddens me to sit here and watch our once great club die when i 1st started to go to games late 80’s we had super micky quinn and david kelley up front the start of the entertainers just look now 20 years on f**k me never seen this coming.

    0
  • JerseyGeordie

    Aug 19, 2010 at 2:24 PM

    Comment #20

    i think the problem with this years market is that there are a lot of teams struggling financialy and their holding teams for ransom trying to cash in on players. So some teams are in major debt and want a more than reasonable return on their players.
    Then you have teams that want a player, but are held to ransom, so they inturn hold other teams to ransom on selling their own players so they can get the funds to buy the ridiculously priced player they want.
    It’s all gotten bogged down a bit.

    0
  • JonathonGutierrez

    Aug 19, 2010 at 2:24 PM

    Comment #21

    Any new, news on Hatem?

    0
  • geordielad880

    Aug 19, 2010 at 2:25 PM

    Comment #22

    we make offers for players we know wont be accepted, and then you get the whole “well we tried” speech again, get your wallet out, you fat git, and spend 5m on a decent winger, and get 2 players on loan, a striker, and a defender.

    there are players like luke young, sidwell, keane, bentley, Jo, etc etc available, surely we can get some players in, surely ac milan, inter, madrid etc etc have players who are available on loan

    0
  • NUFC_Richyg01

    Aug 19, 2010 at 2:25 PM

    Comment #23

    This has been posted on the Williamson Article:

    Taylor_Toon // Aug 19, 2010 at 2:18 PM

    Just heard from a friend in France that as soon as Loic Remy has passed his medical L’OM will allow Hatem Ben Arfa to come to Newcastle on a season long loan deal of £780,00 with a clause in the deal that if Newcastle stay in the Premier League they have to pay between £4.5- £6.5 million for him depending on appearences. It is expected that Loic Remy will sign today and be announced at 7.00PM which is when Ben Arfa will come over. Also it has been touted that he already has agreed personal terms with Newcastle when he came over last weekend and the figure is £28,000 per week rising to £35,000 a week if he signs on a permanent basis.

    Watch this space and trust me this is from a very very trustworthy source (my friend is studying sport science and going through his second phase at clairefontaine).

    He has also added that we have very serious interest in the availability of Andre-Pierre Gignac and Fode Mansare.

    0
  • geordielad880

    Aug 19, 2010 at 2:26 PM

    Comment #24

    I orginally thought the no capital outlay was a smoke screen, so we wouldnt pay over the odds for players, how wrong was i lol???

    0
  • geordielad880

    Aug 19, 2010 at 2:27 PM

    Comment #25

    nufc_richygo1

    ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm NO

    We couldnt get the other players if we had the money, and ben arfa is on 52k now, so its bollocks, its a mackem wind up

    0
  • NUFC_Richyg01

    Aug 19, 2010 at 2:28 PM

    Comment #26

    Jo and Bentley would be great on loan

    0
  • NUFC_Richyg01

    Aug 19, 2010 at 2:29 PM

    Comment #27

    @ geordielad880 // Aug 19, 2010 at 2:27 PM

    Just Sayin’ mate.

    0
  • JonathonGutierrez

    Aug 19, 2010 at 2:29 PM

    Comment #28

    @NUFC_Richyg01
    i hope this is true mate

    0
  • eltoro

    Aug 19, 2010 at 2:29 PM

    Comment #29

    Only Jo, out of those players is available – and isn’t what we need.

    0
  • geordielad880

    Aug 19, 2010 at 2:30 PM

    Comment #30

    i know you were mate, but surely you can see its rubbish, it sounds mate up, why would he know anything cos he is at clairefontaine, no-one knows jack shi*

    He is on 52k now, he aint going to take a pay cut, it will be a loan on the terms he is on now, if at all, and i would say its unlikely

    0
  • geordielad880

    Aug 19, 2010 at 2:32 PM

    Comment #31

    eltoro all them are available at the right price, bentley wouldnt be available on loan, keane might be, jo definately would be, sidwell and luke young would be also, dont need sidwell unless we move on nolan or smith

    0
  • NUFC_Richyg01

    Aug 19, 2010 at 2:32 PM

    Comment #32

    lets see what happens with Loic Remy, he seems to have been linked with loads of clubs so far this season, even went to Stoke for a medical.

    So Im not even convinced that transfer will go through!

    0
  • geordielad880

    Aug 19, 2010 at 2:33 PM

    Comment #33

    gignac is valued at 12-14m the fat man would defo splash that out, can really see it happening

    0
  • JerseyGeordie

    Aug 19, 2010 at 2:34 PM

    Comment #34

    that makes sense to me. I feel like we are limited in funds this year due to previous transfer debts we are still paying off, and next year we’ll be in a better position to pay the 6 mil. It’s a great deal, and hats off to the men who engineered it if it comes off.
    Still leaves some room to add 1 or 2 squad players for this year.

    0
  • geordielad880

    Aug 19, 2010 at 2:34 PM

    Comment #35

    nufc_richyg01

    The remy deal is almost complete, its heavily reported in france, that deal will be done, remy has been interviews leaving OM after talks etc

    0
  • eltoro

    Aug 19, 2010 at 2:35 PM

    Comment #36

    geordielad880 – just not the right price for us though. I don’t think Keane will leave now.

    0
  • NUFC_Richyg01

    Aug 19, 2010 at 2:36 PM

    Comment #37

    * * * * * * * * * Harper

    * Young ** Collo ** Sol ** Enrique

    Bentley * Ben Arfa * Vukic * Jonas

    * * * * * * * * Jo * Carroll

    0
  • ginkoh

    Aug 19, 2010 at 2:37 PM

    Comment #38

    So bore about it.

    0
  • JonathonGutierrez

    Aug 19, 2010 at 2:37 PM

    Comment #39

    on SSN it says:(loic remy) “The 23-year-old player will arrive in Marseille this afternoon and will then undergo the customary medical examination prior to the signing of his contract. He will then be presented to the press.”

    0
  • geordielad880

    Aug 19, 2010 at 2:40 PM

    Comment #40

    nufc_richyg01, thats a terrible side!!

    ben arfa and vuckic in the centre, we would get torn to pieces, they cant tackle, and both are lazy creative players

    0
1 2 3 11

You must log in to post a comment.