Shearer Wins Big Bet On Andy Carroll

For those fans who saw Alan Shearer kissing a betting slip after Andy Carroll scored his 3rd goal and Newcastle’s 6th yesterday afternoon, will not be surprised to learn that Alan won money on Andy.

Alan Shearer – won bet on Andy scoring last goal

The 43,5460 Newcastle fans who saw the game yesterday, saw an amazing and completely unexpected and brilliant performance, as the Newcastle side completely ripped apart a good Aston Villa side.

The Magpies simply overwhelmed a seemingly in-form Aston Villa side 6-0, and as the goals continued to hit the back of the net, the City that is simply steeped in its fanatical football tradition, just shook to its very foundations.

What was the shock result of the weekend,  had the Newcastle crowd singing away as  hat-trick hero and local lad Andy Carroll scored his maiden hat-trick and inflicted Aston Villa’s record-equaling defeat in the Premier League.

And Alan Shearer was one who was seen to be celebrating big time, and fooling around with his pals in his private box, and of course he won money yesterday also, as he said:

“I had Andy Carroll to score the last goal and I thought I had lost that when Kevin Nolan scored.”  “That’s what all the laughing and joking with my friends was all about.”

It was a day to remember for the Newcastle fans, that’s for sure, and if they can do that to a side as good as Aston Villa, we would hope that’s not the last time the lads simply shock us all – on the upside.

Howays The Lads!!

• Edd Case

Aug 23, 2010 at 1:08 PM

Wonder how much he won?

Not that he needs it.

Fair play though, you got to put the bet on to win.

• NUFC_Richyg01

Aug 23, 2010 at 1:09 PM

Hopefully it is going to a well known local charity:

The NUFC (Our Owner is a tight git) Transfer Fund

• zeetoon

Aug 23, 2010 at 1:12 PM

43,5460

didn’t know we could fit that many people in our stadium haha

• iamnufc

Aug 23, 2010 at 1:22 PM

realise the twitter guys are sh*&e …one moment they say the ben arfa deal is done and the next moment its not even close.. really hoping to add 1 more att mid.. IMO routledge is a hard working player who tries but am afraid is not good enough for the epl

• dave 1961

Aug 23, 2010 at 1:22 PM

yesterday mike Ashley had his most enjoyable day since he purchased the club, no abuse from the crowd, he has plenty of money in the bank. this is how the wife does me in she strikes while I am in a good mood, this is when she reveals the dozen or so carrier bags of stuff she has bought & will never use, I have a feeling that if Chris asks for a few players Ashley might just give the ok, our fortunes are linked to mike Ashley. the more he gets out of it the more he will invest. I know a someone (a relative) who has a friend that is very close to mike Ashley, and although I don’t hear a lot, I have been told many times that mike Ashley purchased the club, as it was a challenge to make the club successful and win trophies, yes his mistakes cost the club a lot of money, but that is nothing compared to what Ashley had to pay, it does not matter if you think he deserved it or not. mike Ashley purchased the club of his own free will, now he has a responsibility to make the club successful, & yes break even, but firstly we need the team that can put these bold plans on the road to success. once we are back as a stable premier league team, with greater success comes greater revenue, also with Hughton he “will” make mistakes, it’s what he does next that will indicate if he learns from them or repeats them, and this will indicate how good of a manager he will become, also keeping his side kick happy, at some point if we are doing well he will be offered a manager’s job, will he say no thanks I am happy with what I have, because a good assistant does not necessarily make a good manager, everyone remembers Brian Clough, but the name of his assistant has faded as he tried to manage himself & failed. yesterdays result was a one off, but we can hope that Wednesdays will be too, and next Saturdays too, to get games go our way we need to play well, get some luck on our side, then overcome a referee that is bias towards our opponents, if we could do this week in week out, who knows where we could go. so two things are bouncing about in my mind, one is those that do not renew their season tickets might regret it long term, 2nd Mike Ashley will make funds available in January how much will depend on how we are doing and getting the right players at the right price. the team have given me more confidence I am glad I purchased my season tickets, as its looking to be the best decision I made this year, I regret booking holidays in October now. I would cancel but the wife would start moaning because I bought a season ticket for my brother, so I have to keep her happy.

• xfer

Aug 23, 2010 at 1:27 PM

Thought I saw him jumping happily around with what looks like a ticket! Spot on there.

• Isaac Hunt

Aug 23, 2010 at 1:35 PM

A dozen or so carrier bags full of punctuation marks would be useful.

• Isaac Hunt

Aug 23, 2010 at 1:35 PM

Nice post tho Dave.

• Angryman the Angry fan

Aug 23, 2010 at 1:37 PM

Told you about the twitter titters did i not.

• MrT76

Aug 23, 2010 at 1:56 PM

Nice post Dave. I do have to pull you for one thing though. Brian Cloughs “forgotten” assistant was the brilliant Peter Taylor. Clough got the plaudits because of his gob, but it is well known he wouldn’t have had his rep were it not for Peter. And no I haven’t just been watching “the damned united”.

Apologies for being a pernickety twat.

• Marty-Toon

Aug 23, 2010 at 2:20 PM

ZeeToon….hope your not serious,
    Capacity is 52,387 so there was enough seats for your whole family 🙂

• moonraker

Aug 23, 2010 at 2:56 PM

Marty-Toon you missed the point (435460). MrT76 your right but I think Cloughie won European cups at Forest without Taylor if I’m not mistaken!

• Solaidback

Aug 23, 2010 at 2:58 PM

iamnufc – If it wasn’t for Routy working so hard, our midfield wouldn’t have had the space it did, he kept there wingers from attacking out defence & imo was one of the best players on the field yeaterday…

Dave 1961 – may I suggest some paragraph breaks in your posts mate as people get bored shiteless reading a none-stop paragraph like that & loose track after a few lines, just a suggestion mate but good post anyway 🙂

Zee-toon – just so you can read up on the Toons stats mate, try this link ok – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newcastle_United_F.C.

As for what you were saying Dave1961 about Ashley buying the club & wanting to win silverware, well he’s done that now in winning the Fizzy & that trophy at Deportivo in pre-season, does this mean he’s going to sell up now.. lol

• dbeeio

Aug 23, 2010 at 3:41 PM

shearer’s broke

• jesus was a geordie

Aug 23, 2010 at 3:49 PM

solaid have to agree; i’m so bored of people writing off routledge, Yeah you’re entitled to your opinion, but in mine it’s pure naivety.

Yes he has tried and failed to fulfill potential in the past, but that was in the past, Milner was never the player he is now with us…Some time you need the right club, the right squad, the right situation, the right manager…I think Routledge has found a bit of all of the above here with us! People seem to forget his trickery and through balls from last season, his movement is good, his pace is frightening AND he even tracked back a fair bit against Manure!

Also, let me remind you that it was his running down the wings that provided a number of the corners/situations that led to goals.

You’d think some people have a vendetta, the boy has done nothing wrong and too many of you seem desperate to be vindicated in writing him off…Not at all helpful!

• MrT76

Aug 23, 2010 at 4:02 PM

Moonraker

Taylor left forest in 1982, by which time they’d won all their major honours. Clough won a few domestic cups after he left, but could never recreate the glory days as had with Taylor.

Nice try though, made me doubt myself for a bit there : )

• StaffsToon

Aug 23, 2010 at 4:29 PM

For those already taking a swipe at Routledge you should think back to when Milner looked good ‘if only he could deliver a decent ball in’ n as we know, he obviously got it together.

Give the lad a chance please.

• StaffsToon

Aug 23, 2010 at 4:31 PM

Sorry, JWaG, just read your post afta posted something similar.

• jesus was a geordie

Aug 23, 2010 at 5:10 PM

No harm in saying it twice mate!

• balubas1

Aug 23, 2010 at 5:16 PM

Shearer (GOD) was giving his pals s**t and laughing with hard £££ in his hands 🙂

wasn’t a ticket but a bet with the people sitting around him…

not very important.. but fun though;) think he had some cash on Carroll x3

• Lynxie

Aug 23, 2010 at 7:48 PM

Chaps. all of you good folks on here who are doubting Routledge, did you see how sick of his life the ‘England’ winger Stewart Downing was after continuously having to track back, and continuously made to look a cock as routledge showeed him what pace is all about. This lad loves it here, and is a menace to defences, he will get better and better.
    Yesterday? Pure quality, against a half decent team too. And Routledge was involved in everything.

• Lynxie

Aug 23, 2010 at 7:48 PM

and his first touch is mint too.

• condren

Aug 23, 2010 at 8:19 PM

I certainly thing routledge is close if not as good as Lennon & Downing who are ‘England’ internationals and can only echo previous comments. HE WILL get better.
    Any news on Ben Arfa….he would help complete the team and give us excellent options!!

• JIMMYBOBNUFC4LIFE

Aug 24, 2010 at 4:59 PM

Ben Arfa insists his future lies at St James’ Park.

“I will not go back to Marseille,” he told French newspaper L’Equipe.

“Newcastle have committed themselves to give Marseille what they were asking for, which is a loan with an option to buy.”