The Marseilles Sporting Director Jose Anigo has said that no deal has been agreed yet for their 23 year-old midfielder Hatem Ben Arfa.
Hatem Ben Arfa – no deal yet agreed?
The winger joined the French champions just two years ago from Lyon, but has famously fallen out with the club’s hierarchy and management, and is still desperately seeking a move way this summer.
Reports suggested that Liverpool and Manchester United were two of the latest clubs to be chasing the boy, and the news was that Liverpool could go after the midfielder should Javier Mascherano make the move to Barcelona.
Newcastle have been heavily linked with the 23-year-old, and he even moved to Newcastle for a weekend a couple of weeks ago to try to push his proposed loan deal through.
German club Werder Bremen have also been linked with the player, but one of their officials said last week they were not interested in him, so exactly where Ben Arfa will end up is still up for debate.
Anigo told the French Daily L’Equipe today:
“He has a choice between two or three clubs,” “But we also have to find an agreement with the club, which is not the case so far.”
We have no idea if one of those clubs is Newcastle, although the news recently is that the lad priced himself out of a move to Newcastle, because of his exorbitant wage demands.
This saga will need to come to an end before next Tuesday we would assume, so it’s still a mystery as to where this lad could end up – maybe at Newcastle – but that’s got to be a long shot right now.