LuaLua May Still Go Out On Loan To Brighton

LuaLua had a very good game for Newcastle United on the left wing at Accrington Stanley last night, and hit the post in injury time, just before Stanley got their second goal.

Kazenga LuaLua – good game and almost a goal last night

The 19 year-old LuaLua told the Evening Chronicle today:

“I hit the post late on, and it set up a nervy finish.”

“I was a little bit disappointed not to score at the end, it would have capped off the perfect night. But the main thing was putting in the good performance so I have to be pleased.”

“As far as hitting the post, I was running away and ready to do a back flip!”

LuaLua has been linked with a loan move to Brighton all this summer, and sources today on the south coast say that manager Gus Poyet is still keen to take him as soon as possible, if Newcastle will only sanction a three-month loan deal.

The former Chelsea star  Poyet will have heard all about Kazenga’s excellent wing play last night, and will have been impressed by his performance.  LuaLua had a short loan move to Brighton at the end of last season, where he impressed greatly and Poyet is still keen to take the player again this season.

Kazenga continued about the game last night:

“I really enjoyed that one.” “It was an exciting one for the fans and all the lads played well.” “I was involved in a lot of the offensive play.”

“But I knew that it would be difficult because I have played in the lower league and I knew they’d be competitive.” “This was my chance to go out and show what I could do. I feel I have done it.”

LuaLua did his chances at Newcastle no harm at all with his display last night, which was full of conviction and not a little skill.

We’d be surprised if Kazenga doesn’t earn himself a place on the bench on Saturday at Wolves, and maybe will even get a late run out on the left wing.  He was our Man of the Match for last night and is currently is on 44% of the vote.

It’s now up to manager Chris Hughton to decide whether he sends the lad out on loan, and that’s just one of  the many decisions that are on Chris’ plate – before 5:00 pm on Tuesday rolls around – and the transfer window closes.

• nufclewizc

Aug 26, 2010 at 12:35 PM

wow didn’t realise how fast he is, like lightning! looked good yesterday

• Magpietillidie22

Aug 26, 2010 at 12:40 PM

He looked good, but lets not forget the opposition are in league two lol. Gd win for a young team but really lua lua hasnt been that gd against better opponents

• nufclewizc

Aug 26, 2010 at 12:41 PM

krul was good aswell yesterday. i think his best game was his debut against plaermo in the uefa cup. he was unreal, hes a class keeper

• NUFC_Richyg01

Aug 26, 2010 at 12:44 PM

All 3 of our keepers are class.
    Not sure about Ole, not seen him play.

Lua Lua is great, he needs mote pitch time so may be best to loan him out

• howay man

Aug 26, 2010 at 12:51 PM

id keep him if we are not going to buy another winger, he could be usefull

• gorskino10

Aug 26, 2010 at 12:54 PM

Looks like a raw talent, at the moment though he lacks the cutting edge when attacking, if he can learn to cut in and shoot like Wingers do these days (Bale/Walcott) he could become a great player for us.

• alan shearer

Aug 26, 2010 at 12:58 PM

i dont want kamil zayette..i prefer boyata if we eed to get one defender in……….pls………………………….everyone protest against zayette

• GeordieTartanArmy

Aug 26, 2010 at 1:08 PM

gorskin – he can cut in, he has scored some wondergoals but he needs more confidence to do it at the top level

• Ericles

Aug 26, 2010 at 1:24 PM

Keep Lua Lua at the club – groom him over the next season or two. We have a diamond growing with him. Just as Krul appears the obvious eventual replacement for Harper – though Forster may argue with that.

Aug 26, 2010 at 1:33 PM

Nufc are blessing with one of the best young talented keepers in the world TIM KRULL