Fab Coloccini – Every Game Is A New Challenge For Us

Our Argentine center-back, Fabricio Coloccini,  has made a good start to his second season in the English Premier League.

Fab Coloccini – made solid start to the season

Fabricio Coloccini told the Evening Chronicle today:

“After the game against Manchester United we were sad but we didn’t get too down about the situation.” “We came back and had a good win.”“But that is now history and we have to look to the next game against Wolves.”

“I think we will have to do that every week – each week is a new challenge and that’s exactly how we will look at it.” “We have to think about the word survival to begin with.” “Until we are beyond 40 points I don’t think we can do anything else – once we reach that we know we’d be safe.”

“I’d like to think we can survive.” “Maybe next year I could come out and say we’re going for the top 10 or higher depending on how things are.” “We must build the club and grow as a team.”

Coloccini gained lots of new Geordie fans last summer, when he elected to stay at Newcastle in their time of need, and significantly helped the club back to the Premier League at the very first attempt, by putting in many solid performances last season.

We are  very impressed with the way Chris Hughton keeps the players’  feet firmly on the ground,  and of course the sign of a good side is when they go into every game ready and willing to do whatever is needed to win.

And that’s independent of the last game, whether is was a big win or a big defeat or whatever – because that game is history, it’s over.

Newcastle are threatening to do just that, and we’ll know better tomorrow afternoon, as the game at unbeaten Wolves, will be another good test for the side.

Fabricio has made, well a fabulous start to the season, and has looked extremely solid at the back alongside 26 year-old Mike Williamson, who has also played very well for the Newcastle side, since signing from Portsmouth for just £1M last January.

Sol Campbell should be ready to play in the game against Blackpool at home on Saturday, 11th September, that’s two weeks tomorrow, and it will be interesting to see who starts at centr-back in that game, which we must win against a fellow relegation side.

• Captain Beefheart

Aug 27, 2010 at 12:56 PM

Willo & Colo do it for me.

• Edd Case

Aug 27, 2010 at 1:01 PM

Captain Beefheart // Aug 27, 2010 at 12:56 PM

Willo & Colo do it for me.

Colo looking the player I always thought he was at the minute.
    Willo is proving to be a brilliant signing.

Campbell will only help too, it’s all good at the minute….strange feeling!!! lol

• toon-aholic

Aug 27, 2010 at 1:02 PM

coloccini is a class act both on the pitch and off it in interviews and with the crowd………..

He has a 1st class attitude and while many expected him to go back to spain were he is proven 2 years ago, he stayed and battled with us, being arguably our most consistant and solid player last season, and has started this one very well 🙂

yes he has something to prove this season but he was solid at man utd and limited them chances, and had carew and young in his back pocket against villa

he and williamson have a great partnership and undeerstanding and i hope theyre solid performances and colo’s great attitude and passion on pitch continues

great stuff fabricio………….he is fast becoming a hero of tyneside and fair play to him 🙂

• Edd Case

Aug 27, 2010 at 1:03 PM

• sweendog

Aug 27, 2010 at 1:04 PM

Agreed about willo and collo .. good solid defence ..
    as for keane .. mainly paper talk

sturridge is the target ..

• Davies

Aug 27, 2010 at 1:07 PM

Ha! You been scouring Newsnow as well Sweendog?

• GeordieGerman

Aug 27, 2010 at 1:13 PM

I’ve notice that whenever I read comments from Colo, Jonas or Sanchez, I read it with a Spanish accent. Does anyone else do it?

• GeordieTartanArmy

Aug 27, 2010 at 1:14 PM

sweendog

CH has already spoke on keane and said he has good contacts with him and tootenham – we are defonitely tryying to bring him in as well as ben arfa

Harper
    Perch Willo Colo Jose
    Routledge Tiote Barton Jonas
    Carrol Keane
    ?????????????????? – nolan is captain and will therefore stat however

• Edd Case

Aug 27, 2010 at 1:16 PM

GeordieGerman // Aug 27, 2010 at 1:13 PM

Frighteningly enough, yes, I do too.
    I also do similar bizzare things when playing Football Manager.

I am quite, quite insane though…

What’s your excuse?

• Toontastico

Aug 27, 2010 at 1:20 PM

Theres some weirdos on this blog!!

• rknufc

Aug 27, 2010 at 1:21 PM

LOL

• sweendog

Aug 27, 2010 at 1:25 PM

Davies .. he’s been spotted .. not much on newsnow unfortunately 🙂 ..

GeordieTartanArmy .. I’d like keane as well .. can’t see it, due to wide boy ‘arry .. he’d rip you off so can’t see it happening ..

• GeordieGerman

Aug 27, 2010 at 1:25 PM

Edd Case, I wouldn’t dare to claim I was sane. Bloody hell I support NUFC.

• Toontastico

Aug 27, 2010 at 1:25 PM

Seriously tho, im gettin that fuzzy excited feelin again! BenArfa and Keane really would be savage. I’d be absolutely delighted with our transfer window dealings (im already fairly happy) if they came as well.

• Edd Case

Aug 27, 2010 at 1:30 PM

GeordieGerman // Aug 27, 2010 at 1:25 PM

Edd Case, I wouldn’t dare to claim I was sane. Bloody hell I support NUFC.

HAHAHA, very, very true!!!

Cor blimey, I’m in a terrific mood but have to go to work.

Back on when I get home, cheers lads.

• NUFC_Richyg01

Aug 27, 2010 at 1:33 PM

@ sweendog // Aug 27, 2010 at 1:25 PM

Davies .. he’s been spotted .. not much on newsnow unfortunately 🙂 ..

Who has been spotted?

• sweendog

Aug 27, 2010 at 1:36 PM

NUFC_Richyg01 .. sturridge ..

• rknufc

Aug 27, 2010 at 1:37 PM

@ sweendog // Aug 27, 2010 at 1:36 PM
    spotted where??

• john_cena163

Aug 27, 2010 at 1:38 PM

Arfa turn down a move to madrid, cum on get hin in blk n white….
    foreign.peacefmonline.com/sports/201008/75550.php

• cynicaltoonfan

Aug 27, 2010 at 1:40 PM

Is it me or are a number of our players much better becoz of of the Cc. It can be argued that in colos case when he first arrived he used to be destroyed by the big strong strikers and in my opinion the Strikers in the fizzy are much more stronger physically than the ones in the prem
    Even in the case of Carrol the Prem defenders are more skillfull and have more guile but are not used to someone like Carrol and he benefited from playing last year in a league where the defenders took him and the ball and as a result he is much more stronger in this league.
    Just a thought !
    Anyway going to the library hope king arfa has checked in when i am done !

• geordielad880

Aug 27, 2010 at 1:44 PM

cynicaltoonfan

I said a while ago it might have been a blessing getting relegated, getting rid of the dead wood, lowering wages, lowering expectations, giving players more experience i.e carroll, guthrie etc, and giving the foreign players time to adapt, and slowly building the squad again, i think it has worked out for the best

• sweendog

Aug 27, 2010 at 1:44 PM

rknufc .. malmaison and other places ..

• Brutooon

Aug 27, 2010 at 4:57 PM

He is not the fastest defender but the good thing about him is that he will improve

a good player in and out the pitch

we need this kind of players

• toonster88

Aug 27, 2010 at 5:24 PM

not interested whos comin or going or wether they are a star or not.all i want is a shearer,steve harper kind of commitment.COME WHAT MAY.hba has taken alot of headlines.if he’s just a duff or parker screw him.thers stil 36 matches to go.true faith and commitment

• nicolnj

Aug 27, 2010 at 5:37 PM

HWTL!! we are going places finally after 13 years of waiting!!