There were some concerns today, that Brighton and Hove Albion’s attempt to take 19 year-old Kazenga LuaLua on loan from Newcastle, had again become uncertain.
Kazenga LuaLua – while on loan at Brighton last seaosn
Apparently the Seagulls had expected LuaLua to travel south yesterday, ready to complete the move this morning, but the player, who was Newcastle’s Man of the Match against Accrington Stanley last Wednesday, was still in Newcastle this morning.
Brighton manager Poyet has been after LuaLua throughout the summer, after the excellent form of the player during 11 appearances for Albion towards the end of last season on loan.
Chris Hughton yesterday confirmed that LuaLua would be rejoining Albion until January, and Poyet had earlier said about LuaLua:
“Everybody knows what Kaz is capable of producing, from his successful spell with us last year.”
“We know what he brings, he will give us another attacking dimension with his pace.”
But all seems well this morning as Kazenga has told The Argus local paper down there, that the paperwork will be faxed to Newcastle’s training ground for him to sign before he travels south today.
LuaLua confirmed to The Argus this morning:
“I am coming down today.”
There seems to have been renewed doubts and frustration within the Seagulls club last night, about whether the deal would be completed, but hey, these things happen, and if Chris Hughton says it will happen, he’s a man of his word.
We have to think this is a good deal for all three parties.