Hughton Advice To LuaLua – Enjoy It And Score Some Goals

We had noticed with Kazenga LuaLua’s record so far, that he is yet to score a goal in senior football.

LuaLua – while at Brighton last season

And news today the Newcastle manager Chris Hughton, who will be following the youngster closely while he’s on loan at Brighton, wants the 19-year-old to repeat the form he showed at Brighton last season – and with a little bit extra – to score some goals.

LuaLua said today:

“Chris had a word with me and told me to enjoy my football, do what I did last season and this time score goals.” “I didn’t score any last season. I’ll try to do it this season.”

“Eveybody knows I love Newcastle. It’s my home, it’s my club.” “But the most important thing is to come here, get games and we’ll see what happens after that.”

LuaLua had a great game in Newcastle’s recent Carling Cup 3-2 win at Accrington Stanley, and is very happy to be joining Brighhton again on loan, even though some Championship clubs were also after his services.

Kazenga added:

“There have been other clubs wanting to take me on loan or buy me but my first choice was always Brighton, especially as I had such a good time here last season.”

“The players were nice to me, the manager wanted me to come back and I was happy to do that.” “No matter what league it is the most important thing is to be playing week in, week out if you can.”

“A few people were talking about me staying at Newcastle after the Accrington game but we knew young players would get a chance to play that night.” “Even when you are playing well, Newcastle are back in the Premier League and it’s tough for a young player to come through.”

Brighton seem a good match for the youngster, and he seems very comfortable with the Brighton fans.

Chris Hughton is a man of few words, but when he tells the youngsters things, they should listen, because they’ll become better footballers by following his advice. Just look at the vast improvement in 21 year-old Andy Carroll’s play over this last year.

Well here’s hoping Kazenga can match the great form he showed for Newcastle in the Carling Cup – and oh yes – score a few goals too.

• Toon XI

Sep 6, 2010 at 7:09 PM

LuaLua oooooooh baby we gotta go. …

• Howay The Lads

Sep 6, 2010 at 7:19 PM

Off-topic, but I kept a list of jaynufc89’s ‘in the know’ predictions. Here they are:

Ireland – Loan/Maybe buy in January

Onuoha – Buy

Boyd – Buy

McGeady – Maybe buy

Mulumbu – Maybe buy

Wheater – Maybe buy

LuaLua – Sell

Taylor – Captain & new deal

So he got absolutely zero correct.

Well done, Jay, lad 😆

• Sgt. Heagerty

Sep 6, 2010 at 9:05 PM

howay the lads,

jay is an expert and def in the know at nufc. how dare
    you call him a fake lol…..

for reals, nice job in exposing this fraud for what
    he is. a dumb bloke with no life.

i mean why would you come on an nufc website or blog
    if your an nufc fan and pretend to have inside info
    and get people all worked up. i just cant see a real
    toon army supporter doing something like that. that means
    that jay cant be a member of the toon army. he has to
    be a card carrying unwashed dirty mackem!!!!!!

get a life jay and make sure you tell everybody where
    your gonna sit at sjp when your beloved scumderland
    come to tyneside to catch a beating. that way the toon army
    doesnt have to spend alot of time looking for your
    dirty unwashed arse…

howay the lads!!!!

• Brutooon

Sep 7, 2010 at 1:00 AM

Ask him to play both left and right side of the pitch, get the ball at all time, shoot from distance.

let him be the “c.ronaldo” of the champion ship

• Thump

Sep 7, 2010 at 1:08 AM

@Sgt: I wasn’t aware any of us got excited about his signings lol.

• JerseyGeordie

Sep 7, 2010 at 2:01 AM

he’d really be class if he could be the c.ronaldo of the championship. Especially since brighton are in league 1. He’d be a bloody magician!!

• Sgt. Heagerty

Sep 7, 2010 at 2:28 AM

aye, us regulars picked up on him pretty quick and
    realized he was full of shitw. but the fact that he
    would try to get everybody worked up with false info
    is something only a mackem would do.

i wonder if any toon fans go undercover into mackem
    rat dens and attempt to do the same thing. i dont think
    we are low enough to do that.

the fact is though, that if they are going through all
    this to try and get the toon army worked up they are obviously
    scared. they know that we are gonna show up at the stadium
    of shite and open a big can of a beverage us yanks are
    fond of. this beverage is called “woop ass”. we are
    gonna bring plenty od it to the stadium of shite. we
    are gonna stroll in their, open are cans of woop ass
    and pour it over each and every dirty mackem there.
    i cant wait…lol

• baro

Sep 7, 2010 at 4:54 AM

I think he will come back and break into the first team successfully after a couple of months. He was awesome at the accrington game but that really is like no competition. He is a very bright lad

• batty

Sep 7, 2010 at 8:27 AM

he wont get intoo the side unless we have a good few injurys

• G

Sep 7, 2010 at 10:10 AM

htl @ 2, and everybody else that commented about Jay. I miss him to be honest. Whilst he was deffo full of brown stuff, his reactions to criticism were priceless. I had tremendous fun adding fuel to the fire.