Cheick Tiote – For Me Newcastle Is Perfect

We haven’t heard too much about Cheik Tiote sinc ehe signed for Newcastle, other than he’s a very good player, and he was delighted to join Newcastle.

Cheick Tiote – on the bench on Saturday

Cheick was on the bench for Newcastle in the dismal 2-0 home loss to Blackpool on Saturday, and the good news is that he is settling in at Newcastle very well, and seems to be delighted to have signed for a club with the great history that Newcastle no doubt has.

The 24-year-old 15 times capped player for the Ivory Coast, signed for Newcastle on a four year deal recently, and then he took off to play for the Ivory Coast during the International break, and Newcastle applied for a work permit.

The work permit came through with no problem and Cheick returned last week to get himself bedded in at Newcastle.

This is what the defensive midfielder said today:

“I am settling in very well,” “I’m happy, everything is good.””It has been quite a special summer for me. To be Dutch champions and then to play in the World Cup is a big deal. It was a lot of fun.”

“And now I hope the fun will continue with Newcastle.” “For me Newcastle is perfect. Firstly it is a club I love, and it is a big club. It isn’t a small team – it’s Newcastle, you know? I know the history of the club well.”

Tiote seems to know all about the Tyneside club and their supporters, and he is well aware the club plays a huge part in the life of the City. And of course the fans are passionate – to say the least.

Cheick continued:

“It is different here,” “The fans seem to be so passionate and I’ve heard a lot about them. There were nearly 50,000 here for the Blackpool game which is amazing. The club is very professional, and I’m very happy here.””The language is no problem,”

“I’ve had English coaches before, Steve McClaren at Twente for two years and then Sven Goran Eriksson (the Swedish former England manager) at the World Cup. I cope fine with the terminology of football, it’s not a problem at all.”

“Steve McClaren is a real coach, you know? Players work hard for him and I think that experience will be helpful for me here at Newcastle.” “I do think English coaches have a different approach to the game. They have a different approach to the game and they expect a different work ethic.”

“But that suits me. I would say I’m physical, I have good technique, I’m very determined and I’m very competitive. I always want to win, that’s my style.”

It may take a game or two before Tiote makes his debut,  but if he doesn’t play on Saturday at Everton, we have to think he will start the game at Stamford Bridge next Wednesday night, in the 3rd round of the Carling Cup.

Nothing like making your debut at the current Premier League Champions.

Tiote comes to Newcastle with a very good name as a tough but fair player, and certainly looked good for the Ivory Coast at the World Cup this summer.

We really look forward to this lad playing for the first team.

• Markiss17

Sep 15, 2010 at 11:05 AM

i think he should play on saturday we need a differant approach to the blackpool game

• Toontastico

Sep 15, 2010 at 11:28 AM

Perhaps he should start after Smiths abject display however changing him for smith is like for like and is not a different approach.

Personally I think we should put him in for smith, put Benny in for Jonas or Rout and stick with Noland and Carroll, We just need the wingers to be on form and get them more of the ball whils being supported by the fullbacks.

A bit of luck would be handy also!

• WesJameson

Sep 15, 2010 at 12:33 PM

I hope this Lad, is proper, according to my one dutch mate, Tiote is prob a good 7.5/8 out of 10 player, with a wonderful work ethic, decent passing skills, but most of all its his work ethic and never say die attitude that he says, our fans will LOVE

Bring it on,i say

• chuck

Sep 15, 2010 at 1:31 PM

Have to say I was pleased to see both BA and Tiote sign for the side.
    Hopefully BA will give the side both a bit of entertainment and the ability to break down defenses, along with a few goals.
    As for Tiote, just what we needed an Essien type by some accounts.
    Hopefully the Ivorian international can become the required engine room in midfield, something we have lacked since Parker left.
    So the midfield looks OK at present with a few decent players and a few journeymen, possibly enough to survive, but not the finished product by any means.
    There`s also plenty up front, but again mostly journeymen, we need someone to compliment Carroll, who can also put the ball in the net.
    A backup for Enrique and a real RB would help, as I dont rate R. Taylor, Simpson or Perch.
    Either settle with Taylor or sell him (could be Injury prone with that shoulder) and sign Bourgherra from Rangers, make money on the deal and a better player.
    So much for the shot term , but there`s a long way to go before this side is competetive for a top six place.

• chuck

Sep 15, 2010 at 1:42 PM

************Harper**********

*******Campbell** Colo*******

Simpson*******************Enrique

*************Tiote***************

Ben Arfa*******************Jonas

**************Joey**************

*******Lovenkrands** Carroll*********

• Turkish Magpie

Sep 15, 2010 at 5:49 PM

Dont think Hughton will ever drop Nolan :/

• baro

Sep 15, 2010 at 9:46 PM

Can’t wait to see the “LION KING” Cheik Tiote in action for Newcastle. He looks like a short buff/muscular guy. Like a rock. Anyways drop Smith and add Tiote.

• Hugo_Viana

Sep 16, 2010 at 10:45 AM

Smith might consider moving back to Leeds if he don’t get a permanent place.