Ben Arfa – Time For Talking Is Over – I Want To Start

Not surprisingly, Ben Arfa is wanting to make his first start for Newcastle at Goodison Park tomorrow afternoon.

Ben Arfa – I want to start tomorrow

The 23 year-old French International showed some class when he came on against Blackpool after 72 minutes, and at the very least we have to hope he will get more playing time in the game tomorrow.

However, the statement made by Chris Hughton today would suggest he may stay with the same starting eleven he used last Saturday but Ben Arfa could come in and replace either winger – Gutierrez or Routledge, in a straight swap.

Ben Arfa can also play in the middle of the park or up front as a striker, so he could be played by Hughton in many different positions.

No doubt, Hughton will be pleased there is now lots of competition for places at the Newcastle club, and that’s good because it usually brings out the best in players.

Just look at the way Coloccini and Williamson have been playing in central defense, as Sol Campbell has been getting himself fit to play.

But the young French lad is making it clear he wants to start tomorrow – to show the Newcastle supporters just what he can do.

Ben Arfa told the Evening Chronicle today:

“I am keen to start my first game in club colors.” “It is no longer the time for more talking.”   “I want to show what I can do on the pitch for the supporters.”

“They gave me such a great welcome last weekend against Blackpool and I want to prove my worth.”

“It was terrible to lose the game the way we did, but now we have the chance to redeem ourselves against Everton.”

Ben Arfa may not start but he’ll at some point get his second appearance for the Newcastle club, and 23 more of them and it looks like he will become a Newcastle player, permanently.

If he doesn’t get the start tomorrow, we have to believe he will be starting at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday night against Chelsea in the Carling Cup.

Howay The Lads!!

• Toon XI

Sep 17, 2010 at 12:35 PM

I can’t blame him. He knows he is better than what we have at the moment. He feels helpless watching from the bench.

• carlmc

Sep 17, 2010 at 12:42 PM

i would start him, i see the chronicles got a bit on nolan saying ben arfa needs time etc, but he is a much better player than what we have ,and would put some unpredictability into the minds of the everton defenders etc. but as we know it will prob be same starting 11 as before.just hope smith is dropped

• WesJameson

Sep 17, 2010 at 12:47 PM

C’mon Hatem Ben Arfa, get in my son

• alex84

Sep 17, 2010 at 12:48 PM

screw time! he needs to play, even if he has a average game that will be better than what are whole midfield can produce, love his attitude!!

• MacToon

Sep 17, 2010 at 1:05 PM

He deserves a starting place and it’ll only be a fool who wouldn’t start him! I don’t think CH ia a fool!

• dave 1961

Sep 17, 2010 at 1:48 PM

I have a feeling that Hughton will plough on with the same 11 until the crowd grows restless, just hope they don’t turn on him.

• Zangwill_Ho

Sep 17, 2010 at 4:27 PM

Good words Ben Arfa

• moonraker

Sep 17, 2010 at 5:32 PM

He’s got an ego to match his talent and CH has got to feed it to get the best out of him.

After all the trouble trying to get him in, you gotta put him in the team; and I would give him a free role and let him cause havoc.

He must know by now he’s better than Jonas and Routledge and they should know as well, so it wont be too much of a surprise to be left out.

• baro

Sep 17, 2010 at 10:37 PM

Well said Ben Arfa. Perfect time to say it too. He is definitely one of the best players on Newcastle. Never quits trying to win the game. Contributes his best when in the game.

• coopertoon

Sep 18, 2010 at 12:14 AM

he has to start he is one of the world class players we have and we dont have that many put him on from the START.