Would Newcastle Let Routledge Move To Liverpool?

Interesting news today that Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson is considering a January move for Newcastle United winger Wayne Routledge.

Wayne Routledge – are Liverpool interested in this player?

Wayne has been in good form since signing from QPR last January, and he has even looked a decent player again in the Premier League, and the news is that Hodgson is looking for more width to better balance the Liverpool side.

The report suggests that Roy Hodgson hopes he can persuade the London-born former England Under 21 international into making a move to Merseyside, and the player is said to be valued at around £8M.

A couple of things that stand out here is that Newcastle paid nowhere near £8M for the player last January, and if a bid comes in they would have to consider it.

But there again Newcastle would need to replace Wayne, and unless they have somebody lined up in January to replace him,  it’s very doubtful Newcastle would let Wayne go, since he’s been a success so far on Tyneside.

Let us know what you think about this report, and whether Newcastle would even think of letting Wayne leave Newcastle United.

• Malaysia-RASHID

Sep 27, 2010 at 11:12 AM

am i in dream land!!!

• coxonfamily

Sep 27, 2010 at 11:16 AM

As much as I rate the player, football is a business and 8m for him would be good business, he is replaceable. Is he really that much diffrent to Lua Lua?

The thing that is worrying me is Ben-Arfa… if he plays 59mins or 60mins does it not count on his 25-game auto-buyout? That would explain Chris subbing him, despite being one of our best players… I hope that is not the case! lol

• Birts

Sep 27, 2010 at 11:20 AM

I believe that every time arfa starts a game then that counts as 1 mate.

• Malaysia-RASHID

Sep 27, 2010 at 11:22 AM

Do anyone play official fantasy game manager by Barclays, Barton and Tiote got bonus point, that means we have quality squads. Lets forgot the lose, keep moving to think about next games.

• Malaysia-RASHID

Sep 27, 2010 at 11:23 AM

and also ben arfa point and price increase.

• gunnarnufc

Sep 27, 2010 at 11:25 AM

I think he simply has to appear at any point in the game for it to count.

Regarding this story, it has to be utter bollocks. No team would pay 8 million for Routledge. He is useful but never a great player. He was very good in CCC but in EPL where defenders are much faster he does not offer anywhere near as much.

• Phil K

Sep 27, 2010 at 11:28 AM

He’s just starting in the Prem remember.
    And its “classic” Liverpool mentality – they think they point, and they get.

• Malaysia-RASHID

Sep 27, 2010 at 11:35 AM

And Nolan should have burried that chance that Jonas laid on for him!!

17Malaysia-RASHID // Sep 27, 2010 at 11:34 AM

Now, we have top class midfield, tiote arfa and barton, they make games very enjoyable to watch last night, Do anyone agree with me. Thnks to Brton arfa and Tiote, this three player make my increase my Fantasy game, they got bonus point. that means we lose a game with hono

• Ericles

Sep 27, 2010 at 11:53 AM

Sol should have played against Stoke. Ben Arfa should not have been subbed. Lovenkrands should have played and Ryan Taylor should have played instaed of Perch. We lost because CH consistently loses the plot around 60 to 70 minutes of playing time. It is not heroes led by donkeys it is heroes playing alongside donkeys with donkey handlers on the touchline. Carroll is not getting the service he needs either. I still say that CH is tactically naive.

• stestickle

Sep 27, 2010 at 11:55 AM

hahahaha 8 million for routledge hope its true but sounds like the same old bollocks and wheres has this report come from. Just watch newcastle to liverpool 8m then liverpool to man city 30m. Ben arfa OM to newcastle 5m then newcastle to spurs 18m equals a very happy fat spurs fan lol.

• HOGC

Sep 27, 2010 at 12:04 PM

i think routledge’s performance has been crap so far. he only knows how to run, dont know how to dribble nor cross, yet hughton always chooses to let him play the full game while he always takes out the way better player that is jonas gutierrez/ ben arfa halfway through the game. i really dont understand, hope he leaves.

the only reason why i think he manages to stay for the full 90 mins in the game is because he shares half of his weekly salary with hughton who gets peanuts.

• pringle9

Sep 27, 2010 at 12:05 PM

i will give him a lift there, he is absolute garbage. nobody gives the ball a way as much as him during a game.

• G

Sep 27, 2010 at 12:06 PM

If Pool offer 8M for Routledge I would take thier hand off frankly, then go for Seb Larsonn from Brum as his contract is up end of season, I reckon we could get him for less than 1M which wouldn’t be a bad bit of business for a comparible player.

Sep 27, 2010 at 12:32 PM

I would definitely sell for 8m. I agree he had a huge influence on the game in the CCC and is decent in the PL but cant we have jonas and ben arfa both play on opposite sides?

Jonas showed in his brief spell last game that he can do well to create chances and in my opinion is not being utilized to his full potential on the bench. He and Enrique have had such good chemistry on that left wing in the past and it doesnt seem like it would be smart to break that up.

Also, I could be wrong but isnt Ben Arfa more of a central attacking mid player? If we were to move him to play in barton’s current position it would make sense to keep wayne.

• NUFC_Richyg01

Sep 27, 2010 at 12:35 PM

£8M, who makes this crap up. What did we pay for him?

• Tom4Nufc

Sep 27, 2010 at 1:36 PM

NUFC_Richyg01 I think it was in the region of 700k!

• TheToonKing

Sep 27, 2010 at 1:56 PM

8 Mil ? ….i would personally drive Wayne down to Pool for half of that.

Still i want to see:
    Jonas ——Arfa———-Routledge , before i do that.

• ende

Sep 27, 2010 at 4:54 PM

Yeah I don’t see this happening unless we have a replacement lined up. But that might not be a difficult task with 8mil in hand.

• branunited

Sep 28, 2010 at 12:01 AM

Routledge for me is a good player but not worth 8 million, now if liverpool are willing to pay, I would be willing to sell, players in midfield we have many, maybe, ryan taylor can play in your position or the same guthrie, I would sell if liverpool Routledge willing to pay that 8 million plus, I think that we need a striker, and with that money, why not buy one?, either try to bring RYAN BABEL, Alessandro Matri (Cagliari) GIOVINCO, Pazzini, or maybe not bring in a midfielder, Lucas Leiva and others that say about my opinion?.

I’m Mexican fan of newcastle and third-division player

• Brutooon

Sep 28, 2010 at 12:22 AM

even if liverpool offer him 3 million i would say YES

• branunited

Sep 28, 2010 at 2:02 AM

BRUTOON, or someone can tell me, can you tell me a little like England?, As it is lived? as is its people?, such as living a match in Newcastle St James Park?, you know, as I’m from mexico, and third-division game (free agent), and dream of someday wearing the glorious t-shirt magpies, black and white dress, do not lose hope, but I see very difficult especially in mexico is no opportunity for young people, I have 16 years and that one day play in Newcastle, is that the comment is not according to what we are talking about, but I just like to know a little sorry for the comment. THANKS