Getting Relegated Did Newcastle A World Of Good

Ryan Taylor is one of the players who wants to play a lot more for Newcastle United, than he’s played so far this season.

Ryan Taylor – team spirit at Newcastle is great right now

But today Ryan has come out and said the team spirit at the Newcastle club is the best he’s ever seen at any club, and that he still looks forward to going to training every day, in an attempt to convince manager Chris Hughton that he’s worth a starting position in the Newcastle side.

This is Ryan Taylor said this morning:

“You are always going to have happy and unhappy faces at a football club, that comes naturally – I’m sure if you look at Man City, there will be people in the same boat as some of us.”“What matters is how everybody still works together – and that’s a big factor for us.” “We all want to play in the Premier League, but in a way going down did the world of good for our club.”

“It got rid of a lot of players who showed their true colours and didn’t want to be here – and the people who stayed pulled together.” “The team spirit we have got at our place now is probably the best I have ever been involved in.”  “Even though I’ve not been playing I still look forward to going in to training.” “The ones who are in the team are always up – it’s the same at every club – but here the ones who aren’t playing are still mixing in.”

“You’ve got me, Alan Smith, Peter Lovenkrands, Shola Ameobi, and there’s a few coming back from injury too like Leon Best and Danny Simpson… and Sol Campbell is itching to play as well.”  “People will show a bit of frustration at times, but we need to keep that character and team spirit in the dressing room.”

“And hopefully my goal at Chelsea reminded people I’m still alive!”

But we think one of the difficulties manager Chris Hughton will soon have at the Newcastle club, is that Ryan Taylor definitely wants to play more games, and if he cannot do that at Newcastle, he may want to go out on loan or even leave the club permanently in January or next summer.

It just seems that Ryan wants and needs to play more games than he’s getting at Newcastle this season,  to be satisfied with his football, so don’t be surprised if Ryan even asks for a transfer in the summer – but only if he continues to be on the bench at the Tyneside club.

Ryan has certainly shown he’s a good player when he’s played, and in the two games he has started this season, he’s scored two great goals, so there’s not too much more he can do to impress the Newcastle manager.

There’s an off chance he may get the nod at right back in front of James Perch today at Eastlands,  although Chris Hughton has said he will stand by James Perch, after his unfortunate own goal gave Stoke City all 3 points last Sunday, and our second successive home defeat.

That’s one reason Newcastle now need to get something out their game against Manchester City this afternoon.

• Turkish Magpie

Oct 3, 2010 at 12:09 AM

I feel so sorry for RTaylor because he’s 10 times better than PErch but if Hughton drops Perch evryone willthink it’s because of his own goal and that will lower team spirit

• Howay The Lads

Oct 3, 2010 at 12:37 AM

“And hopefully my goal at Chelsea reminded people I’m still alive!”

Brilliant 😆

He should definitely be starting him games for us. I was disappointed didn’t bring him in after the Chelsea game. It was simply the perfect time. We were at home the next game, Perch wouldn’t feel too disheartened as he was suspended and everybody would be happy

• Robby Bobson

Oct 3, 2010 at 1:03 AM

I think Ryan should play….i dont think its a coincidence we havent scored a goal from a corner yet since Guthrie hasnt been in the team (exception of carling cup when jonas whipped it in), as Bartons have been really poor.

Ryan Taylor is a dead ball specialist so he should play to get the ball on andys head!

But not tomorrow, would rather have the pace of perch, hes usually using it to recover mind, but still against citys wingers i dont think taylor would suit.

I wouldnt be suprised to see colo right back anyway with Sol in there.

And for the headline…i dont think mr ashleys wallet agrees and i think there would have been a big clear out and change of philosophy anyway.

• Malaysia-RASHID

Oct 3, 2010 at 1:15 AM

Manchester City – Two Ivory Coast Star(Kolo/Yaya Toure) and One Argentina Star (Tevez), Newcastle United – One Ivory Coast Star (Tiote) and Two Argentina Star (Colocini/Guiterez).

• baro

Oct 3, 2010 at 3:29 AM

Ryan Taylor is 100 times better than Perch. Perch is useless. Gives up easy goals and concedes just too many unnecessary fouls. Give Ryan a chance Hughton. He can score, provide Carroll perfectly and can defend better than Perch. Give him a start tomorrow CH hopefully.

• Charlietoon

Oct 3, 2010 at 3:58 AM

Good to see the twat henry get sent off in the Wolves games. One bad tackle was all it took. I guess after the 5 on barton he had it coming.

I think Ryan has done everything when he has come on to impress and deserves the shot. We have lost the fight that was in the team last season and though I think we are stronger for guys like Williamson, Toite and maybe Ben Arfa Perch is being carried and we cant afford to do that.

• Brutooon

Oct 3, 2010 at 7:09 AM

Ryan Taylor – so far score two goals (two QUALITY goals)

Perch – one OWN goal

you dont need to be a manager to choose which one better right?

• NEWEXPATMAGPIE

Oct 3, 2010 at 7:28 AM

Certainly agree with everything said here!

I would of dropped perch for the Stoke game and can,t understand why Hughton appears to of gone off Ryan.
    If it carries on like this, and Ryan gets no playing time he,s going to be gone come January, probably back to Bolton!!!!

• Zangwill_Ho

Oct 3, 2010 at 8:00 AM

i feel tonight we will lose, poor

• komfort

Oct 3, 2010 at 8:53 AM

talking about relegation…..

whether you take 17 teams or 2 teams on goals galore there is always one that lets you down….yesterday hereford were the only team on my bet that failed to score & with that cost me hundreds of pounds.

…now i’m not a bitter person but i sincerely hope these bunch of losers get relegated this season & when they visit my beloved gateshead next season it will give me the opportunity to confront them over yesterdays result.

zangwill_hohoho unfortunatley i have that same feeling….but never the less a roast beef lunch washed down with a few ales will help lessen the pain.

• komfort

Oct 3, 2010 at 9:22 AM

re: smoking…

with the anniversary of my quitting the dreaded weed fast approaching…i would like to thank the 2 lads that played a major role in me acheieving it.

…rodzilla & the very likeable bill f

two of the good guys…gone but never forgotten.

• komfort

Oct 3, 2010 at 9:30 AM

on the down side i’m now addicted to chocolate…which has me slightly overweight @ 37 stone.

..suggestions anyone ?

• Stardust

Oct 3, 2010 at 1:00 PM

Komfort

Well done for kicking the weed – with regards to the weight gain – a wrap of Whizz 3 times a day should sort it oot.