Ryan Taylor Talks About Leaving Newcastle

We’ve mentioned for a while now that if Ryan Taylor doesn’t  get more playing time at  Newcastle, he will probably want to leave for pastures anew, and there’ll be quite a few PL clubs that will want to take him.

Ryan Taylor – after scoring great goal at Chelsea

Ryan has come out today and said that he is not too happy at not playing enough at Newcastle,  and if things don’t improve he may have to look elsewhere.

Ryan has started both Carling Cup games this season, and played well both times, and hit two wonderful goals that got Newcastle two wins at Accrington Stanley and Chelsea.

This is what Ryan said today, and talked about James Perch getting the nod in front of him,  for the right back position at the start of the season:

“It was a kick in the teeth. I was hoping to maybe start the season, but it didn’t go my way.” “There’s only so much time you can keep going without getting too frustrated and I’m hitting that peak at the moment.”

“When I play I feel as though I’m doing OK – I’ve got two goals in two starts – but I just don’t seem to be getting a sniff.” “Competition for places is always tough here, but I’m training well and when I play I’m doing my best, I’m doing all I can do.”

“But when it comes to league games it feels as though the hard work I’m doing isgoing unnoticed. I’m 26 now – all I want to do is play football.” “There’ll come a time, maybe this season, if things still aren’t going my way I’ll have to look at other options.”

“I’m not looking at a loan right now, but if you come to me in four or five weeks and I still haven’t played, then I’m going to look at it.” “I will weigh up my options, but for the time being I’ll stick it out.”

We can hardly blame Ryan if he just wants to play more football somewhere else, we’d much rather see players want to play each week than just sit on the bench getting their money every week.

Although with a squad system these days, players are hardly ever going to start every game either – so there has to be some balance there with ambition and playing time.

We like Ryan, he’s a good guy and he has shown that he is a more than decent player, and we think it will be a loss to the squad if he decides he has to move on. We hope he stays on Tyneside.

What do you think?

• ronaldeano

Oct 3, 2010 at 10:02 AM

Ryan Taylor should always start ahead of perch and simson IMO. If hughton plays perch again today after that pathetic performance last week he wants strung up and sprayed with human shiit. Taylor more than deserves a start ahead of perch….

• ronaldeano

Oct 3, 2010 at 10:04 AM

1st :0)

• Solaidback

Oct 3, 2010 at 10:13 AM

It’s really strange because not long ago, fans were saying that Raylor wasn’t PL quality & shouldn’t be in the squad but now they reckon he’s the best we have at RB…. weird!!!

Imo, I think with the players we currently have in the squad, he’s probably better off looking at leaving or going on loan, as he’ll not get into the RB slot & the rigt wing is Routys place, so…..

• ronaldeano

Oct 3, 2010 at 10:18 AM

Solaidback, I wasnt one of those fans who had that opinion about Ryan Taylor, I’m only saying that he deserves a start ahead of perch today

• anuard

Oct 3, 2010 at 10:20 AM

Raylor deserves to get his places in 1st eleven.
    CH should use his talent on the dead ball and set piece.

• Ciaran Thomas

Oct 3, 2010 at 10:28 AM

Im Thinking that Colocinni plays Right Back,Williamson and Campbell Center backs and Jose on the left back.Then when on attack have a back 3,letting Jose going forward and we have Cheick Holding.

I dont mind Raylor,if he wasnt so dopey,he would be a class Right back.

• Ciaran Thomas

Oct 3, 2010 at 10:29 AM

• CT

Oct 3, 2010 at 10:54 AM

Cia Tho, u could be my bro? I said same yesterday but had Willo at right back, either way our defence gotta be stronger with this back 4 and Tiote holding. Barton/Nolan(he aint gonna be dropped) Jonas mid 3, Ben off Carrol

• balubas1

Oct 3, 2010 at 10:54 AM

Can’t blame him.. very narrow competition. As Simpson is on his way to return, R.Taylor is missing his opportunity to show what he’s worth as Perch goes ahead of him.

I would pick Raylor’s 90th minute free-kick winner over Perch’s late own goal..

Maybe Perch has some extra tackling ability (or whatever makes Hoot’n pick him over Raylor), but sure Raylor’s extraordinary ability at setplays should count for something. Thats why we bought him right? For nailing those FK’s against us..

• balubas1

Oct 3, 2010 at 10:58 AM

Colo at RB… hmmmmmmm.. no pace at all.. he’s great at positioning though, but dangerous defensively if he goes forward (which the LB and RB must do if we want to win games) Same goes for willo.. he is very far from RB material as I see it.

The times of oldschool RB and LB’s are over guys. The gap between CB and R&LB’s have only grown bigger over the years.

• Ciaran Thomas

Oct 3, 2010 at 11:12 AM

Yes CT,im Your long lost brother.

• Bucks mag

Oct 3, 2010 at 11:13 AM

Solaidback – I completely agree, R Taylor is shite. People are only talking about him having to play because of Perch.

• GeordieDan

Oct 3, 2010 at 11:17 AM

I don’t blame him at all either. I’d be fuming if I had put in the effort that Taylor has recently and showed good form only to be ousted by Perch, who has done NOWT to warrant it.

Same thing happend when Best came in: He was getting started ahead of Ranger and other plays where he had no right to at all but Hughton stuck with him as he was one of his own new signings and needed to justify it.

I would never knock Hughton generally as I think he’s fantastic for our club but how low before the next time this happens and it annoys one of our players.

Lovenkrands for must very, very frustrated he isnt getting even a sniff as well. I know he didn;t look great when he came on the other day but who would with NO match practice at all???

Not particularly good man management there I’m afraid-dropping those who sweated blood for us to get us back up.

• Ericles

Oct 3, 2010 at 11:33 AM

Understandable. Not suprised Ryan feels this way. After Perch’s performances and the myopic team choices of CH it was on the cards. Am beginning to have doubts about CH – especially as I thought he would mature into a good Premiership manager. Still say the inconsistency of the team is a reflection of the inconsistency of CH. We desperately need to win today and possible get back to 7th. I am hoping that our ups and downs so far do not degenerate into more downs. We have a good squad of players so why are we making so many errors in approach? Today we will be sorely tested as a team and as fans. I still believe with the right approach and tactics we can get a result and the 3 points. But – is CH playing the same tune?

• Paul Collins

Oct 3, 2010 at 11:36 AM

You can’t blame the lad for being a bit pissed off, in my opinion he should be playing in Perchy’s position, i can understand why Hughton is’nt dropping (Perch) him cause he does’nt wanna knock his confidence, but he’s made five mistakes in five games and this has cost Newcastle valuble points, Taylor is a great player and it would be a sad thing to let this lad leave come on Chris get it sorted!

• Ericles

Oct 3, 2010 at 11:52 AM

How long before others feel hard done by? Will Ranger decide to seek pastures new after being assured he will not be going on loan after all? Will Forster think he will better served staying at Celtic? Will LuaLua decide his future is at Brighton come next season? Going out on loan for experience and improvement is one thing but, if while away it appears there may be no reason to come back, then we have another situation. Let’s face it – Ashley deals in commodities (kit and saleable assets) not people.

• Hawaiian Geordie

Oct 3, 2010 at 11:56 AM

RAYLOR CAN’T DEFEND

ok i guess perch can’t either

but ryan’s worse.

saylor at RB is the way forward. until then, we’re stymied

and raylor should come on on 75′ or so at right wing

• jimiley

Oct 3, 2010 at 11:59 AM

Hoots
    Remember its 4-5-1 regardless of who we are playing and where we are playing. Tactics count for nowt. Play the same old regulars. Take off the same old scapegoats when its going wrong and don’t play any young players. Remember that the club only pretends that they will play promising young players. We buy them for two bob when they are 16 but never develop them. We can claim to have a youth policy because TWO players ( Taylor and Gascoigne) made it as regulars in the last 20 years. Stick to this strategy and we’ll be fine.

• The Original Todd

Oct 3, 2010 at 12:31 PM

I don’t blame Raylor at all. The little bit he’s played it’s seemed he’s done pretty well. And still he can’t get a look over Perch.

• NEWEXPATMAGPIE

Oct 3, 2010 at 4:23 PM

I too can,t get my head around the fact that Hughton prefers Perch to Ryan!

Woud,nt blame him for leaving in January, i think other clubs will be queuing up to sign him!

• ashleyisatool

Oct 3, 2010 at 4:51 PM

Perch is not a premiership player. Taylor is a proven one, he scores important match winning goals that no defence in the world could do anything about, fact. CH should be doing with Perch what top team managers ALWAYS do…..sign a player and even if he is a finished article like Steven Gerard still bring him on late in a game to allow for the team to gel. Perch is young and not a finished article, even in the championship! He has lots of time to make his way into a TEAM. CH is making a huge mistake by throwing him in at the deep end (and costing us valuable points) where he is obviously gonna make lots of mistakes. Other teams are tactically punishing us for this. The most worrying thing about this is CH can’t see it like he couldn’t with Best last season. Look elsewhere Ryan and score more free kicks against us (to prove this tool wrong) in the process!

• SimmiYoung

Oct 3, 2010 at 5:06 PM

Ryan is a good crosser and a dead ball genious, but the problem is he can’t defend at all….