Dan Gosling Will Seem Like A New Signing In January

Dan Gosling is apparently coming along very nicely with his recovery, from the ACL knee injury he suffered last March, playing for Everton against Wolves.

Dan Gosling – on track to be fit for January

Hughton talked about the 20 year-old, who was signed on a  free transfer from Everton in the summer::

“Dan’s rehab has been going very, very well. I have been delighted with him from that perspective.”“There have been no setbacks, which you sometimes have with this type of injury, and he is very much on course to be back when we originally thought he would be.

“It is a long injury and he will be delighted.” “There is not really a chance of him coming back before the end of the year – not that I am aware of at the moment.”

It must have been difficult for the youngster so far at Newcastle, and he must be dying to play for the team.  But as Ben Arfa will also be finding out, injuries are part and parcel of life as a professional footballer.

The move from Goodison Park did not go down well with the Everton club, and we know manager David Moyes was fuming at the deal, although everything the Newcastle club did was legal and above board.

But to get the talented England U21 midfielder for nothing, was a terrific  piece of business by the club.

Hughton knows it has been tough for the youngster so far on Tyneside, but he has cautioned Dan not to rush back to play too early.

The manager continued:

“It has been very frustrating for him.” “He is only a young lad and it has been a long, long time out for him.” “Plus, he is at a new club and he probably wants to go out there and prove what he can do.”

“You cannot do that if you are injured like he is, and that is annoying.” “There is no rush for Dan to come back. We will make sure he is absolutely ready before we risk him.”

Newcastle may not sign anybody in January, but with Dan Gosling fit by then, it will seem like having a new player at the club, so that’s something Newcastle fans can look forward to in January.

• G

Oct 12, 2010 at 1:41 PM

Looking forward to seeing DG in a toon top playing. I rated him highly at Everton. I have heard some say that he will have lost a yard of pace? To be honest, pace isn’t really his strong point, but he reads the game very well, and has an excellent pass success rate. He will give us the extra dimension we need, as well as some creativity through the centre.

• John

Oct 12, 2010 at 1:42 PM

Cant see where hes gona play, every week, wer a bit top heavy in CM, we maybe need to move smith on come jan

• G

Oct 12, 2010 at 1:46 PM

38 games makes a long season. I don’t think he’s suited to play on the wings, but no doubt Joey or Tiote will need a rest or get injured at some point. Besides, DG is only 20, so if he doesnt get a regular gig this season, he will certainly get one at some point over the next 2 seasons.

• Moreno

Oct 12, 2010 at 2:08 PM

Hughton’s biggest test as a manager is yet to come. Juggling the options in midfield and keeping players happy who are bench warming.

The list of (1st team) midfielders we have now is as long as my arm! When they are all fit – fantastic for our selection! Headache for CH!

• dave 1961

Oct 12, 2010 at 2:18 PM

i have just gotten off the phone to greater Manchester police & the refuse to investigate Ben Arfa gate they claim it’s a matter for the fa the incident number is 1370(1110) they refuse to except any evidence on this issue, and informed me not to waste anymore of their time.

• Bucks mag

Oct 12, 2010 at 2:27 PM

Poyet said this after Brighton’s latest game:

“I know his brother (Lomana) hurt himself like that once but I’m not going to stop people celebrating goals – if he gets injured, it’s his mistake, not mine.

“Kazenga’s goal was worth the celebration because we had worked on that free-kick in training and players always believe in drills when they work.

“He is a great striker of the ball. We have been trying to take advantage of his precision and power, and he is a talented boy.

“I remember going with Dennis Wise to watch him in a reserve game between Sunderland and Newcastle three years ago – he was only 16 but even then he could fly. As soon as I got the chance to bring him down here, I took it – and credit to him for coming to Brighton. We tried to get him for the whole season but Newcastle were reluctant to let us keep him beyond January.

“We are still hopeful that he will stay for longer because he enjoys playing for us and we would like to do a deal now, but it’s up to Newcastle and the player himself.

“One thing is for sure – you can’t perform somersaults like that when you are sat on the bench in a dugout, but we were lucky to have him last year and we are grateful to have him back this season, so we will use him as much as we can until January 3rd.”

• dave 1961

Oct 12, 2010 at 2:56 PM

I have just made a complaint the greater Manchester police informing them that if they do not respond i intend to make a complaint to the ipcc and my mp, this is what i put in my complaint incident number 1370(1110)

I have decompiled video to enable the viewing, when these photos are viewed they clearly show intent, I also have pictures of city players high fiving whilst Hatem Ben Arfa was on the ground being treated, I have pictures of Manchester city players congratulating Nigel De Jong, so what I am alleging happened was mancini instructed his players to ruff up Hatem Ben Arfa, Nigel de jong then launched a vicious attack on ben arfa, he then slid his left foot over the left foot of ben arfa, dejog then swung his right knee around capturing Ben Arfa’s left leg betweens his, he then rolled to his left. with all my years in engineering I have never seen motion like this that was not intended, as the basic laws of physics state this cannot happen without the application of force this breaking Ben Arfas leg. then after this we see a city player patting de jong on the back. then I have pictures of Milner, lescott & the city number 4 high fiveing. this is something called evidence (I have explained it in such a way my 10 year old son understands it) and lastly I expect you to investigate my complaints, 1, assault causing actual bodily harm. secondly I make a complaint that if mancini sent out his players to cause injury to hatem Ben Arfa, and if you are unsure as to what that could be its call (conspiracy). if you will not want to investigate my complaint, as it seems, let me know so I can take this to the next level.

• Penguin PJ

Oct 12, 2010 at 3:17 PM

Well done Dave.

A suggestion: You might wanna add Ben Thatcher’s case few years back. Stating that this is not the first time Greater Manchester Police involvement in a football related assault case.

Btw what’s with the lack of paragraph use in your complaint?

• Stardust

Oct 12, 2010 at 3:34 PM

Dave

They are obliged to investigate – otherwise they have acted as judge and jury – without an investigation.

CPS should decide the fate of De Jong not an officer or civilian.

Simply call back – get the number of the officer who made the decision – and make a complaint to their immediate supervision / and or Station Superintendent.

It could be argued they are perverting the course of justice – INFORM THEM UNDER CRIMINAL LAW you are making a complaint of a SECTION 20 Assault caused by a reckless assault – the reckless nature being backed up by previous assaults – they are powerless to do anything but investigate.

What the person has said to you simply can not be said when a member of the public makes a complaint. They are landing themselves in deep water – so make sure you get their name and number and make the complaint – it has to be investigated to provide a proper outcome AND IMPORTANTLY Ben Arfa can NOT consent to that injury – ie. they are obliged to investigate where there is any doubt it was an accident (and without an investigation they cant say that)

• dave 1961

Oct 12, 2010 at 3:34 PM

this site and the form differ in format so no point

• dave 1961

Oct 12, 2010 at 3:43 PM

I tried that but they would not even discuss it, they kept saying it was a football matter, and I should contact the fa. but I intend to take it through procedure until I find someone that gets the message, (I will not back down, my local force knows that). I will only fight when I a right, (should I rephrase that when I think I’m right).

• Stardust

Oct 12, 2010 at 3:45 PM

Dave if you follow the above calmly they have to act and anyone stonewalling you could be guilty of a criminal offence.

The FA do not investigate CRIMINAL MATTERS. The Police do! Do not even mention the FA codes to them – you are not complaining what the FA have done or said – yours is a straight forward criminal complaint of assault.

• dave 1961

Oct 12, 2010 at 3:51 PM

today’s complaint in no special order
    email Mike Ashley.
    complaint to the fa about their lies over the rules.
    email the premier league
    email the chronicle
    email to the mail email to the sun
    email to the mirror
    complaint to the police
    complaint to my mp -sent copy of the fa rule that the FA seem unable to see.
    email the telegraph
    email the mail

• NUFC_Richyg01

Oct 12, 2010 at 3:51 PM

Dont see how he will get in the team with Hoots’ loyalty to certain players.

• dave 1961

Oct 12, 2010 at 4:02 PM

I keep all good advice I copy it into a word document then just systematically go thru each point in turn so all point will be put to them, I have spent hours on the phone. and no doubt I will spend many many more.

• dave 1961

Oct 12, 2010 at 4:03 PM

i am off next week on holidy but i will take laptop and keep up to date on whow things are going.

• dave 1961

Oct 12, 2010 at 4:04 PM

and a pair of glasses to

• Zangwill_Ho

Oct 12, 2010 at 4:59 PM

Ed, when will Ben Arfa be back?any news? 6 months? 4 months?

• munch27

Oct 12, 2010 at 5:11 PM

i hope he’s like a new signing in january ED as that is exactly what he is .
    Well i havn’t had any reply from fifa as yet so hopefully they are not sending me a scripted reply from an automoton and they actually show me either that the FA are full of crap or they confirm what the FA say.

• munch27

Oct 12, 2010 at 5:18 PM

I have just had a thought how many of you are going to the arsenal game on the 27th? heres the reason for asking a gathering of minds @ say shearers bar before the match try and get someone from the club and the press to come along and see how serious we are and perhaps the club and the fans can work in unison to hammer the FA , FIFA and Greater Manchester Police into doing something about Dejong.

• CT

Oct 12, 2010 at 5:37 PM

With all CMers on the books seems new strategy 1:8:1 Seriously, with players fit now think,

Colo/Willo/Sol/ Jose
    *********Tiote
    ***Guthrie/Barton/Jonas
    ***************Lovan(Nolan if CH insists)
    ************Carrol

• Turkish Magpie

Oct 12, 2010 at 6:36 PM

i know most of you will be watchin all the British games tonight, but does anyone know where i can watch Azerbaijan vs Turkey tonight?? Dissapointed to see iraqgoals no longer working 🙁

Much appreciated

• john_cena163

Oct 12, 2010 at 7:30 PM

Manchester City midfielder facing £5m claim for Hatem Ben Arfa tackle?

• munch27

Oct 12, 2010 at 9:24 PM

The german martin atkinson is ruining this game glad to see we arn’t the only country with crap refs

• munch27

Oct 12, 2010 at 9:52 PM

Englad are shit rooney is shit capello is shit

• munch27

Oct 12, 2010 at 10:02 PM

england even

• Brutooon

Oct 13, 2010 at 12:30 AM

question of where to lay Dan Gosling

• Mac

Oct 13, 2010 at 9:41 AM

Dave1961 stop being such a tit. Jesus if De Jong is punished for that tackle it will be the end of football as a contact sport. What a joke.

• munch27

Oct 13, 2010 at 9:56 AM

Mac people in glass houses and all that.

• stestickle

Oct 13, 2010 at 12:45 PM

ok mac lets have a kick around i will snap ya leg in two places n c how u react