Andy Carroll In The Dock Today

We really have no idea what will happen to 21 year-old Andy Carroll this week as he starts his trial on assault and battery in front of Newcastle Magistrates today.

Andy Carroll – entering court today in Newcastle

The trial is expected to last as much as four days, and the worst result us that Andy lo0ses and is found guilty and given some jail time, but obviously we really hope that will not happen.

But the youngster needs to get a grip on himself and stop getting into trouble off the pitch, and we mentioned earlier today that Joey Barton has already offered his help to the Gateshead-born youngster.

Newcastle manager Hughton was full of praise for Andy Carroll today, and we were surprised that Andy was included in the side, but Chris was proved right again, and not only did Carroll have a very good game, but he also scored the winner on 69 minutes from a beautiful Joey Barton cross, for his 5th league goal of the season.

Chris added:

“He played for football reasons. The group are a close-knit group and there is a wonderful spirit among that group. It has been a tough week for all and everyone has felt it. I think everyone will be delighted to see him score.”

“I made the decision to play him and sometimes you make a good choice and other days you don’t.”  “Sometimes you make a decision to leave a player out for one reason or another and that is always going to be the case with team selection.”

“But I always knew I would play him. It was my decision, and the decision is always justified, and not just with Andy Carroll, if the player plays well and whether the result was good.”

“If I felt that he would have been affected then I wouldn’t have played him, but I had every confidence. I thought that was his best game since the one against Manchester United.”  “He’s a handful and we need that from him as regularly as we can.”

We hope Andy is available to play next Sunday in the local derby game with Sunderland, and that he is determined to put his life back on track off the pitch, as he’s doing just great on the field of play.

• midlandstoon

Oct 25, 2010 at 11:54 AM

good luck kiddo

• Addy1892

Oct 25, 2010 at 12:25 PM

He’s just about to plead guilty!! He’ll avoid prison it would appear.

• Addy1892

Oct 25, 2010 at 12:37 PM

Fined £1000 !

Good news for the club & our season although I can’t help thinking this falls short of a punishment when you consider his salary.

• 41 years of pain

Oct 25, 2010 at 12:38 PM

pleaded guilty to common assault, £1000 fine, can play against Arsenal and more importantly the Macks

• 41 years of pain

Oct 25, 2010 at 12:43 PM

Max fine is £5000 which would still be a drop in the ocean for him, he’s also had to pay £2,500 compensation which will no doubt please the victim.

• bobby_ollox

Oct 25, 2010 at 12:49 PM

Most of me is glad that he has kept out of prison, as I have a feeling that a lot of the trouble he gets into is because of his high profile.

However a bit of me thinks that the ease with which he has got off t might go some way to making him feel above the law – I dont think he has learnt any lessons today.

• bobby_ollox

Oct 25, 2010 at 1:00 PM

Carroll’s glass accidentally slipped out of his hand and caused a cut to Mr Cook’s eyebrow, the court heard

Lol.

• Thump

Oct 25, 2010 at 1:40 PM

I’ve heard that being used before, bobby. Not even joking. Wouldn’t mind as much but I actually saw this lad raise the glass over his face and smash it into my mates forehead and stood their completely straight faced and said “IT SLIPPED! WHAT WAS I MEANT TO DO?!”. Needless to say he got a bit of a hiding just for being daft.

Good news about AC, though! 😀