Haris Vuckic Just Loves Football-Mad Newcastle

It seems like 18 year-old Haris Vuckic, our young up-and-coming midfield star from Slovenia just loves life on Tyneside.

Haris Vuckic – loves football-mad Newcastle

Haris lives very close to the Benton Training grounds with his father, and he walks around the corner to training every day, so no apparent need yet for those big expensive cars some of the lads have.

Haris seems to be adapting so well to life on Tyneside, and he is growing quite attached to the club,  which of course has a great tradition and terrific fans.

The 6ft 3in Slovenian seems to have grown one inch in height since he arrived on Tyneside, and he dreams of his chance to play for the Newcastle United side on a  regular basis.

This is what he said to the Evening Chronicle today:

“If I get my chance, I would like to think I can offer the team something like he can and I will be looking to show that.”“I like to go to the city. This is a football-mad place.”

“When I go into the city, sometimes people recognise me and ask me for my signature.”  “I love the game and the people here. I just want to do well for these fans and my team.”

Haris will get a big chance tomorrow night to again show what he’s made of,  when Newcastle meet Arsenal, for the right to progress to the 5th round of the Carling Cup.

While the Premier League must remain Newcastle’s  number one priority this season, it would still be great to get through the the quarter-finals of the League Cup.

• judz1991

Oct 26, 2010 at 3:36 PM

Great talent with a big future ahead of him. Has anyone seen the boro fans on ssn saying Mowbray is the real messiah not keegan! Gotta hand it to him you’ve got to be talented to do rubbish with celtic in scotland!

• Thump

Oct 26, 2010 at 5:20 PM

Smoggies are funny people, judz. Nobody gives one about them, they’re like that fly that just won’t bugger off.

Get a Geordie and a Mackem in the room and they’ll take the piss out of each other. Throw a Smoggie in there and the Geordie and Mackem team up to take the piss out of the Smoggie.

I remember walking through the Metrocentre a while back and there was a group of lads having a bit of banter. Two were wearing the Toon top, another was wearing a Mackem training shirt. A Smoggie was walking towards them, stopped and walked the other way!

• G 2

Oct 26, 2010 at 5:51 PM

Anyone seen him play a decent game? Game always passes him for me? He is young but look at other players his age who already look the real deal.

• CT

Oct 26, 2010 at 5:57 PM

Seems to me Hoots won`t make a decision on the team t`morrow until we know the outcome of Wolves v Manure result, If Wolves win then who Knows what he`ll do. Toon 14/1 to win the cup, Manure 7/4 fav. Arse 5/2??

• john_cena163

Oct 26, 2010 at 6:00 PM

Gr8 talent bt needs more time to play for da 1st team.

• john_cena163

Oct 26, 2010 at 6:01 PM

Off topic
    . R.I.P PAUL THE OCTOPUS

• Thump

Oct 26, 2010 at 6:07 PM

I saw him against Man City reserves the season in relegation season. He came on as a sub and made a huge impact on the game, in the first team he seems to be a bit nervous and tries one touch passes which just isn’t his game. He isn’t the fastest player but if he puts his head down he’ll definitely be a future Gerrard.

No subs against West Ham makes me think we’re looking at a strong team.

———————–Ole
    Perch—Williamson—Kadar—S. Fergie
    ——————–Smudge
    ————–Guthrie—-Vuckic
    R. Taylor————————–McLoven
    ———————–Xisco

Subs: Krul, Simpson, Campbell, Jonas, Shola, Routledge, Barton

4-5-1 simply to try and see off Arsenal. Don’t mind seeing a defensive game against them with their pace. Deep defensive line, mix up play between wings and central play to keep Arsenal on their toes rather than our usual straight up and down wing play.

Can’t see us beating Arsenal but who knows? The Cup often throws up interesting results!

• CT

Oct 26, 2010 at 6:44 PM

THUMP, think you`ll be pretty close with that line up, but think he`ll have Ranger up front, Sol still injured also.

• Thump

Oct 26, 2010 at 6:48 PM

I thought Sol was a minor injury?

Forgot all about Ranger, actually! Agreed with that but I really hope Xisco gets on the bench at least.

• baro

Oct 26, 2010 at 10:17 PM

I hope he gets a start tomorrow with a more attacking advanced position where he is really good at. He is a awesome young wonderkid prospect who should break in this yea! A wonderful talent that we should never loose