Chris Hughton Admits To Being Sick Of Sack Rumors

Newcastle issued a statement tonight saying that Chris Hughton’s job as Newcastle manager is safe,  and that they will renegotiate a new contract with him at the end of the year.

Chris Hughton – admits to being sick of sack rumors

And after the game tonight Chris admitted he was becoming affected by the vicious rumors, which were started by a seemingly made-up story in the Daily Mail 10 days ago.

And after Newcastle were beaten 4-0 by Arsenal tonight, in the 4th round of the Carling Cup, Hughton  opened up to Sky Sports News:

“It is difficult not to be affected, we are all aware about what goes on television, what is shown on television but I cannot do anything about that, I can just do the best job possible.”

“I had the remit last season of trying to get this club back in to the Premier League and that I was able to do and I have a remit this season 9f keeping this club in the Premier League and we are short way into this vision and we are doing okay.”

“We have had our ups and downs this season but the league table says we are doing okay. So I can’t affect anything that is said, it is of course very unfair, but that is the industry we work in.”

“As far as I am concerned I am a strong character and you have to work around these situations, they are not nice but the problems with rumors is that there is always rumours until they are not anymore.”

Because of his  quiet and rather shy personality, Chris doesn’t always get the credit he deserves for what he’s done for the Newcastle United club over the last  16 months, and he never blows his own horn – about anything.

Well it’s unfair on Chris Hughton, to be sure, and there’s seems a little bit of hurt in that statement above by the manager.

But we support Chris Hughton wholeheartedly, and his record of 11 points from our first 9 league games is not too bad at all, and we’ve been unlucky so far this season in the league too.

When was the last time the club could play a second eleven and do so very well in the Carling Cup, including getting a famous win at  Stamford Bridge?

All we need to do now is wallop Sunderland on Sunday, and we’ll be in fine shape.

• davis_toons

Oct 27, 2010 at 11:08 PM

Gave Ch his deserve confidence and let him do his job well.

CH i will support you! (a former kk supporter of attacking football btw)

• davis_toons

Oct 27, 2010 at 11:11 PM

Guys we got to live with what we have for now. We are rebuilding. Just treat it like a former young Arsenal.

We are going and doing the Arsenal way? Right Owner Mike.A?

• davis_toons

Oct 27, 2010 at 11:14 PM

Even the Rich Man City lose to Arsenal.

We will stick around and build on!

• cynicaltoonfan

Oct 27, 2010 at 11:16 PM

I cant believe the press !!
    I havent blogged for a while but this has really got on my t*ts!!!
    We where doing just fine 9th position in the league but some people are out there just to destroy newcastle united and its reputation !!
    Im sorry but the way the press have fabricated this story is utterly disgraceful
    I am for CH all the way even if we lose on sunday !!

• Geordiedoonsooth

Oct 27, 2010 at 11:18 PM

Not woirried by the result tonight but an worried by home form we have toi beat the shower of sh*te from doon the road on Sunday it is probably the most important game we have played for the last 18 months

• davis_toons

Oct 27, 2010 at 11:24 PM

Even if we cant score a goal at home win at home this Sat.

We must still fight and get a draw man.

We can do it!

• Howay The Lads

Oct 27, 2010 at 11:24 PM

As I said earlier, since we were relegated, we’ve made a net profit of about £30 million. It would be a minor miracle if Hughton kept us up this season (something I fully expect him to do).

His signing have, in the main, been top quality. Perch had a pretty good game tonight against the best attacking team in the country and for £1 million is alright back-up for CB, and, even the odd game at RB.
    Williamson I was amazed at in the first few games this season, but I’m going off him rapidly, but I understand it’s his first season in the EPL a d I’m willing to give him time, but I think we’ve gotta take advantage of having Sol. He defines quality.
    HBA, Tiote and Gosling are all excellent players and for the prices, well… WOW

Hughton got the defensive tactics wrong TONIGHT, but has masterminded wins over Everton, Villa and West Ham, not to mention the performance against City.

Here’s to Hughton: the man I would happily see as our manager for a ling time

• ganiyu

Oct 27, 2010 at 11:24 PM

I wonder what in d mind of m. Ashley.the bane effect of lack of spending.any one missing fat sams tactics?

• andysimpson89

Oct 27, 2010 at 11:27 PM

Ch has got the support of the toon. He has done an outstanding job and these rumours from papers like the mail are a disgrace. Keep up the good work chris, were all wanting u to succeed.

• ganiyu

Oct 27, 2010 at 11:31 PM

is it a bad feeling or malaria.I hate losing to arsenal.im sick

• davis_toons

Oct 27, 2010 at 11:33 PM

Are we seeing the WOW factor soon???

HBA, Tiote and Gosling are all excellent players and for the prices, well… WOW

• judz1991

Oct 27, 2010 at 11:34 PM

Its quite clear all the fans are behind CH and hopefully the boards statement confirms that they are too. 9th after 9 games, what more is expected,! Consolidation is the aim this season no matter whether thats 8th place or 17th place, staying in the league is the priority.

• Rodzilla

Oct 27, 2010 at 11:35 PM

1st:)

• Rodzilla

Oct 27, 2010 at 11:35 PM

…”sick of sack”

….nice one Ed.

• Rodzilla

Oct 27, 2010 at 11:40 PM

Unfortunately Newcastle United will always be dragged into confrontations. I personally blame it on the Scots, or the Normans….

…….or the French.

……or the vikings, which is always a good bet. I know who my money’s on.

…anyway, Hughton news blah blah b0ll0cks, only one thing that matters and that’s what we all believe in.

……tastes good on the bun.

• davis_toons

Oct 27, 2010 at 11:42 PM

Alex ferg is still learning how to stay in no.1 place even until today.

Ch is just starting testing and trying out the new rebuild team.

• davis_toons

Oct 27, 2010 at 11:50 PM

Just look at pool now. Its important to keep the team together.

Its easy to destroy the team and hard to build one

• Howay The Lads

Oct 27, 2010 at 11:58 PM

Rodzilla, definitely the Vikings. After all, they were the ones that gave us these irresistable accents 😉

• Thump

Oct 27, 2010 at 11:58 PM

Honestly? I think we played fairly well tonight. I always expected Arsenal to dominate possession. We mixed up wing and central play very well, switched to 4-4-2 perhaps a little too late. It was R. Taylor’s fault about the OG (although I do think Krul could have done more to save it first time, he showed a few signs of nerves) and I honestly can’t blame either for it. Raylor did what he saw was available at the time – head the ball or concede a goal. Fortune favours the brave, so he got his head to it and unfortunately it came off Krul and into the net. Tough luck.

Perch actually impressed me. He had a great attempt on goal and played fairly well in CB, although R. Taylor drifted in to help him out more than once. Kadar had a very good game at LB and stuck to the left channel better than he did last season. Williamson was fairly anonymous in the grand scheme of things, but made some important interceptions and started some nice attacks (didn’t he kick off Ranger’s horrid miss?).

Ranger… oh boy. I’m a defender. *I* know that in that position, the keeper is behind you, look up and put your boot through it. Miss? Oh well, better look next time. You do NOT dwell on the ball and wait for the defenders to politely move out of the way.

Loven had a decent game, started some good moves but that pass to Vuckic (I think?) was awful. Anybody could see he was a good 7 yards minimum offside. What was he thinking?

Vukcic actually had a good game. I think his problem is injury and that it’s bothered his mental strength. He passed the ball neatly and got a shot or two off. Can’t complain with his contribution.

R. Taylor also had a good game. I think he really played quite well all things considered and did a decent job of standing up to one on one situations, did just enough to put the lads off.

We were outplayed tonight but I think we all knew we would be. Wenger has a great team and I won’t begrudge Arsenal a win tonight – they deserved it and I don’t mean that in a “bawww we lost”, I mean it genuinely. Well done, Arsenal.

• Thump

Oct 28, 2010 at 12:00 AM

Of course, the art of viewing something (look) is intended as the gift of coincidence (luck).

fml

• roy cropper

Oct 28, 2010 at 12:06 AM

trump – have you got the neet’s lotto numbers laddie ?

• Thump

Oct 28, 2010 at 12:07 AM

Have I shite

• Rodzilla

Oct 28, 2010 at 12:10 AM

…got to agree

• roy cropper

Oct 28, 2010 at 12:12 AM

thanking you – ill have the hot choc and get off te bed then …. neet neet sweetness.

xx

• Rodzilla

Oct 28, 2010 at 12:27 AM

….laters komfort

• Rodzilla

Oct 28, 2010 at 12:29 AM

…or whoever we all are, in our own little personal fantasy worlds.

…if it ain’t broke, re-construct it.

• Thump

Oct 28, 2010 at 12:30 AM

That’s a good article actually, davis. I have to say I’m glad we got relegated. Yeah we’ll have a couple of bad results against the Scum, sure we’ll have to fight for our Premier status, but the fact is we’re down to Earth. I’m somewhat proud to be the underdog and can’t wait to see the Toon pull off unexpected results.

HWTL!

• Rodzilla

Oct 28, 2010 at 12:30 AM

…as long as it doesn’t intefere with Air Traffic Control

• CT

Oct 28, 2010 at 1:24 AM

HELLO GUYS ,posts 1-29, glad that this is not serious to you!! This is the first time Hoots has actually said(read between the lines) he`s getting bit pissed off!! To nite he`s damned if he went for it, damned if he didn`t! Can`t win! Can he??? This guy is the best thing happened to us since SBR. GIVE HIM 2 YEARS CONTRACT , TAKE THE PRESSURE OFF HIM , what is the alternative?? He deserves it!!!

• Thump

Oct 28, 2010 at 3:12 AM

Spot on CT

• Sav

Oct 28, 2010 at 3:29 AM

That statement seems fairly bizarre.
    Either the club means to wait until halfway through the season to judge whether to offer Hoots a longer contract – which is their right and arguably a sensible, unsentimental approach, OR they are going to offer him a contract regardless, as the statement says.
    Seems to me they should either continue to ignore the media and maintain silence as usual or else they should just sort out a contract now. Many think Hoots has already shown enough to warrant a contract.
    But this statement is neither one thing nor the other and doubtless speculation fuelled by the Daily Hate Mail will rumble on.

As for tonight’s match I thought Vukic was very promising, it was a lesson to Ranger who could now be loaned out until Xmas (although I think he could do a job wide right) and I thought Guthrie was Gutless. He hid from the ball when he needed to show his leadership and experience.

• Toonmania

Oct 28, 2010 at 7:23 AM

Yes CT you are right give CH a 2 year contract and lets face it he’s not the most expensive manager so if the worst did happen it wouldn’t cost much to pay him off, although i don’t think we will need too, Ch is the most honest and straight talking guy and i’m glad he’s our manager.
    Comon lads get behind Chris at the weekend, Win or lose we need to back him 🙂

• southerngeordie

Oct 28, 2010 at 8:42 AM

Anyone seen this – Owen you are a disgrace. Like Rooney the only reason you want to stay at Utd is the money. The idea of actually fighting for a team and putting in effort is beyond.

The only action you will see is from the treatment room – crocked shite!!!!!!

• Rotonda heights

Oct 28, 2010 at 9:44 AM

I am a bit more concerned about the quality of our coaching at NUFC. We sign all these youngsters on great reputations, but when you see how Arsenal’s kids play and develop, they are on a whole different level to our youth.

Arsenal’s second string are brought up to pass the ball and move in to space, while ours always seem stretched and under pressure and resort to long balls.

• Lynxie

Oct 28, 2010 at 9:52 AM

Southerngeordie, it is not news to me about Owen, he was a poisonous little mercenary toerag in the relegation season, and I am delighted he is taking th episs out of Manure by fleecing them every month for doing absolutely zero, than doing it to us. The little bastard has no loyalty and is a money grabbing impostor, it was the likes of him (anyone else notice how many times he broke sweat in th erelegation run in? Yeah me too – TWAT)
    Alex ferguson will see through him and release him for sure. OWEN – you were finished when you played for NUFC, I would love it, just love it, if you end up at a ‘poorer’ team, you cheeky shit.

• Lynxie

Oct 28, 2010 at 9:53 AM

………Just not back here, we are well rid of you Mr Owen.

• RichK

Oct 28, 2010 at 10:04 AM

Very unfair scoreline last night – didn’t reflect the game. I’m not doubting that Arsenal deserved to win- because they did, but I thought we showed some guts and played some good football at times, however, I would have liked us to test their GK a little bit more (we only started to do this in the last 10-15 mins!)

Could and should have gone 4-4-2 much earlier I think Ranger looked lost wide right and Carroll lacked support. Thought Perch was excellent, definitely his position (he said this himself prior to joining) Taylor and Guthrie were the two worst players for me (maybe just lack of game time for them??)

Looking forward to Sunday – think we’ll take all 3 points in close game

Give CH that contract asap – great man, good manager and respected by all players!

• leedodd

Oct 28, 2010 at 10:11 AM

The Gutter Press Need to back off – Give Chris a New Contract He is The one Guy That Deserves It. Without Him We would be away at doncaster again this season not playing The Likes of Chelsea and arsenal and Man Utd etc.

• Sav

Oct 28, 2010 at 12:03 PM

Glad you all think the club statement sorts this out. I hope you are right. But it seems as open to interpretation as their last ‘definitive’ statement was.
    When is the ‘end of the year’? January – or May, the end of the football year?
    Is Ashley still looking to sell up after establishing NUFC in the Prem and reducing the wage-bill? If so, maybe he’d let the new owners have a clean slate, appointing their manager of choice without needing to give Hoots a pay-off.