Hughton Close To Appointing New Assistant

With all the recent news on Tyneside that Chris Hughton’s job was under threat, we have almost forgotten that Chris will need to appoint a new assistant fairly quickly.

Chris Hughton – close to deciding on number 2

And the news today is the club are very close to appointing an Assistant Manager and we would not be surprised if that appointment is announced before the Sunderland game on Sunday.

Hughton himself says he is very close to making a decision on who his new number two will be, but as usual the Londoner is keeping his cards very close to his chest.

This is what Chris told the Evening Chronicle today:

“We are close – when you lose somebody like Colin you have to make sure you get the right man.” “We have been doing a lot of work behind the scenes but we are very close.”

Probably the top 3 candidates for the job are former Newcastle coaches Steve Clarke and John Carver, and current reserve team assistant coach Steve Stone.

• MacToon

Oct 28, 2010 at 1:15 PM

me, me , me me me 😉

• Ciaran Thomas

Oct 28, 2010 at 1:20 PM

I say Steven Stone,Hes a proud Geordie 🙂

• peterktoon

Oct 28, 2010 at 1:21 PM

Does anyone know what’s up with Xisco??? I know he has served his 3 match ban but we haven’t seen or heard for him??? We all know Best has been injured and will properly be loaned out. I know i would love to see Xisco given a chance.

• Daniel Abela (Malta)

Oct 28, 2010 at 1:50 PM

If any player or NUFC coach watches these blogs…., I would like to make a suggestment. next sunday…before the match I would want to see the whole team including coaches , 1st team, reserve and most importantly the Manager CH huddle up to show unity next to the touchline. That would get the crowd and players going..even thinking about it sends shivers down my spine!!!!

Let everybody see that we are really Newcastle UNITED!!!!

• Sav

Oct 28, 2010 at 3:02 PM

Daniel Albela – Of course they look at it!

– How else is Hoots to finds out my team selection..!(shakes head)

• NUFC_Richyg01

Oct 28, 2010 at 3:41 PM

I echo peterktoon // Oct 28, 2010 at 1:21 PM (3)

I really thought Xisco might get a run out last night but no sign of him, not even on the bench, where is he???

• chuck

Oct 28, 2010 at 7:28 PM

Woulda liked to see young Ferguson get a game, but seems Perch got the nod and believe it or not had a decent game.
    Wish I could say the same for Williamson ,who looks worse as the season progresses, looks like most players have his number.
    Raylor, sorry not good enough.
    Routledge, inconsistent.
    Guthrie, bench player.
    Vukich and Kadar, need experience, but did not embarass themselves.
    Loven, poor form.
    Joey, passing improves as the season progresses.
    Ranger , had his moments, should have scored.
    Coulda played Best, would`nt have hurt.
    Four zip, was not a true reflection of play, as we had to press in the second half ,leaving us vulnerable to the counter attack.
    What it does say is both our first team and reserves do not in any way match up with Arsenal, lacking in real quality and depth.
    Say what you will about dressing room to-getherness , it`s quality on the pitch that counts in the end.

• Sav

Oct 28, 2010 at 8:19 PM

Ferguson and Best – neither available.
    I could forgive rustiness – maybe Lovenkrands was – but Guthrie passed and then got behind an Arsenal player. It was a gutless and not particularly energetic display from Danny. He should study Tiote, who always makes himself available for a simple pass.
    If he thinks he is too good for the second string he should realise he is about 5th choice for a CM role.

• Frank The London Mag

Oct 28, 2010 at 9:37 PM

@chuck

So you expect our first team/reserves to match up to Arsenal? Then you are expecting far too much.