Time For Haric Vuckic To Be Sent Out On Loan

Haris Vuckic has come out as our man of the match against Arsenal on Wednesday evening, getting 32% of the vote and beating out Nile Ranger in second place with 13%.

Haris Vuckic – outstanding on Wednesday night

But as we had mentioned earlier in the week, Haris and a few of our other top youngsters may now have to go out on loan to Championship clubs, to get some first team experience and some playing time.

Nile Ranger is another player who we could see out on loan soon, and it’s another part of Hughton’s job as he tries to bring the youngsters through the club.

Haris talked today about being out of the Carling Cup and what the future holds for him:

“I am disappointed that we’re out because it’s going to be harder to get in the first team,” “But I’m positive, I will train hard and the FA Cup is coming up as well.”

“Maybe I will get my debut in the Premier League soon – I will train hard and be prepared and be ready if I do get the chance to play in the league.”

“I haven’t talked to anyone about going out on loan yet – I’m just thinking about Newcastle, I want to play for them and I’m training hard thinking about my career here.”

“But if the chance to come out on loan came up, why not? I’m still young, I need to get games and if not in the Premier League maybe I go down a division to get chances in the Championship. There is always the option to come back if Chris needs me.”

Newcastle didn’t get an easy draw in the Carling Cup this season with Accrington Stanley, Chelsea and then Arsenal, and with an easier draw the lads could have made the last eight.

But it showed that Newcastle’s second string is strong and that we have some top youngsters about to break through into the first team squad, and those include Haris, Nile Ranger, Tamas Kadar and Shane Ferguson as probably the top four youngsters at the club right now.

Shane Ferguson was surprisingly not included in the squad for the game on Wednesday night, and that was after he had been one of the stars in both the previous rounds, and we were disappointed to see him left out in favor of James Perch and Tamas Kadar.

Haris continued:

“We have very many good young players and I think we have a good future at Newcastle, definitely,” “I was a little bit sad for Shane Ferguson, who wasn’t involved.”

“He played very well at Chelsea and trained hard. I think he was disappointed but that is football. He just needs to train hard now to keep working for his next chance.”

“Central midfield is my favourite position. That is where I see myself,” “It’s hard to say how far I am in my career. I want Chris to give me another opportunity but I have to work hard to get my chances now.”

If the youngsters are not going to be given some first team chances, and that seems difficult to foresee with Campbell, Steven Taylor and then Dan Gosling all coming back from injury, then we would expect some of the youngsters to be given time away on loan.

There’s nothing like playing at the highest levels every week to bring these young players through, and if they cannot get that at Newcastle they have to get it elsewhere, while they are developing into first team material.

All three would surely be snapped up by Championship sides if they were made available by Chris Hughton.

• Nolan96

Oct 29, 2010 at 10:48 AM

Exciting prospect but i see him more as an attacking midfielder who links the play. Thats the impressions i got from wednesday night.

• Toon Sweden77

• Howay The Lads

Oct 29, 2010 at 10:57 AM

Krul
    Tavernier – Kadar – Saylor – Enrique
    Ben Arfa – Guthrie – Vuckic – Ferguson
    Ranger – Carroll

That is a very good team. Obviously it’ll never end up like that, but Ranger, Vuckic, Carroll, Ferguson, Kadar, Tavernier and Krul & Forster could all make it as first-teamers, in my opinion.

Kadar seems to have drifted off since the start of last season, but the others are working so hard.

I think, in the past, a lot of youngster with potential haven’t made it here because they had nothing to measure themselves against. When Paul Huntington was coming through, all he could do to see how good he was, was to match himself against the pros, where he’d have been turned over, which, depending on what sort of character and mindset he had, could have disheartened him.

Now there is a very good competition for places and they realise it!

Busby Babes.
    Fergie Fledglings.
    Chris’ Kids? 😉

• NUFC_Richyg01

Oct 29, 2010 at 11:04 AM

*********** Harper
    Saylor ** Collo * Kadar * Enrique

*********** Tiote
    Ben Arfa ** Gosling **** Ferguson

********** Vuckic
    ********** Carroll

Our best XI?

• ronaldeano

Oct 29, 2010 at 11:05 AM

Ferguson never played because Hughton thinks James Perch is the best thing since sliced bread…

I can see Hughton starting Perch on Sunday also, I hope not, Ryan Taylors a big threat from set pieces, we need that against the filth…

• Nolan96

Oct 29, 2010 at 11:16 AM

Krul
    Simpson Williamson Collocini Enrique

Barton Tiote Guthrie Gutierrez

Carroll Nolan

What we’ve got to remember is that the mackem game will be a physical game. We cant play players like Routledge or Lovenkrands in this game. Vuckic is soon to starting but this is not the game for his debut.

• d.calverley

Oct 29, 2010 at 1:43 PM

Thought Haris had a cracker on Wednesday but I’m very surprised to see that Ranger came in 2nd. He was fine in the air but looked light weight when the ball was on the deck (other than one or two times) really don’t rate his hold up play. Big AC was a breathe of fresh air when he came on, Jonas looked pretty sharp too!
    Think he should definitely start against the Mackems!

• Brutooon