Ben Arfa Watching Newcastle On TV – Can’t Wait To Get Back

Ben Arfa has said  he is watching all of Newcastle’s games on television, as he recovers from a double leg break.

Ben Arfa – in action against Everton

And after the fantastic result yesterday against Sunderland, there was more good news for Newcastle fans, that the 23 year-old French International  just cannot wait to play again  for the famous Magpies.

Ben Arfa  was quoted in The Magpies’ match-day program, and the interview with the youngster was conducted before yesterday’s game from Tunisia,  where he is recuperating from his broken leg with his grandparents.

This is what the French International said:

“I am doing really well. I am staying with my grandparents and that is good for the psychology aspect because it is not easy with an injury like this.”   “It is a long process. There is not a lot I can do in these early stages and it is a case of waiting for the bone to mend.”

“I was really enjoying my time at Newcastle and it hurt to have found a club that I was really happy at, only to get injured.”  “I watched the West Ham game on television and it pained me that I couldn’t be on the pitch and be part of it.”

“But I am motivated and I can’t wait to get back and get out on the pitch again. I am feeling very positive and it is very good for me to be here with my family.” “I am following all of Newcastle’s games all the way.”

“I’ve been in touch with a few of the players and I just want to do everything I can to get back onto the pitch as quickly as possible.” “By being where I am at the moment and getting a little bit of treatment, time is passing a bit faster and I’m feeling good.”

“I have received so many messages and wishes from the fans and all I can say is thank you. I think the best way I can repay the Newcastle fans will be out on the pitch when I come back.” “I have been gobsmacked by the amount of messages and best wishes from the fans and I’ve never been at a club where I have been so well received.”

“Actions speak louder than words and I will repay those thanks when I return on the pitch.”

Great words from Ben Arfa,  and he’s exactly the type of player Newcastle now need, because he can turn games with his pure creativity, as he did in the 1-0 win at Everton, when he scored that remarkable goal.

Hatem came to Newcastle with a reputation for being a bad boy, but it seems he’s already fallen in love with the Newcastle club, and is a part of the great team spirit that now prevails on Tyneside under manager Chris Hughton.

We look forward to Ben Arfa making a speedy and 100% recovery from his injuries – and cannot wait for the time when he comes back to play for Newcastle again.

Make sure you keep sending the lad some messages of support, as it will be a long road to recovery, and he will continue to need your support.

Comments very welcome.

• Jawdboy

Nov 1, 2010 at 11:41 AM

How do we send messages of support?

• GeordieGerman

Nov 1, 2010 at 12:03 PM

Jawdboy, go to Homepage, Scroll down and on the right hand side is “BEN ARFA GET WELL MESSAGES”.

• rwpoynter

Nov 1, 2010 at 12:04 PM

I will send mine here. All the very best Hatem for a speedy recovery. If you haven’t seen the game yesterday yet, you would have been proud of them as I was.To score 5 against a team that had only let in 7 in their previous nine games is no mean achievement. We have loads of talent in this club now and when we have Hatem, Dan Gosling, Steven Taylor and Sol Campbell all fit again and have settled into some rhythmn we should be a side to be reckoned with.4-4-2 seems to me to be a better option than 4-5-1 in most games. The message it seems to say is that we are coming at you from minute one. The old Keegan philosophy of ‘I don’t care how many goals we let in as long as we score more’ has a lot to recommend it.

• estechco

Nov 1, 2010 at 12:07 PM

I wonder what french for “Gobsmacked” is?

If this lad is as much trouble as people would have you believe, how come he seems to be keeping making ALL of the right noises. Good words indeed – can’t wait to have him back in our side (although we hardly missed him yesterday)

• Brutooon

Nov 1, 2010 at 12:14 PM

We got a problem where to put him with e current first team players?

• balubas1

Nov 1, 2010 at 1:07 PM

Brutoon:

Thats a very good problem to have. Injuries will come, and some players might loose form during the season.

When we got HBA, there was alot of debate on the blog about lineups and who starts. Now that Ben Arfa is injured, I’m glad we have some quality cover.

Just look at Evert0n, which I think still is a little nudge ahead of us squadwise. They have for instance both Beckford and Saha they can put on if they need to turn a game. When we get Ben Arfa back, we will just gain more quality in our total squad.

I’d rather have CH having the problem picking stars, instead of picking reserves (though some of them are quality).

• cupiddstunt

Nov 1, 2010 at 2:41 PM

Rwpoynter did KK ever say that…

All I know is if you look at the defensive record of NUFC while KK was in charges you will see that it was a very mean defence, in fact one of the meanest.

I may well be that we had the ball in the other half to often for the opposition to score many but whichever way it was we were a very mean defence.

I personally think if you play attacking football all the time you increase your odds of winning, so why play more defensive just cos you are playing away??

Does Chelski, Arsenhole, Manure play defensively when they play away? Nah they just attack expecting the opposition to be scared and defend, winning one game in three get you the same no. of points as drawing every game in the season.

• Bucks mag

Nov 1, 2010 at 5:03 PM

I said when Benny got injured that he was worth 10 points a season on his own, what I love is how well we are playing without him, I know in previous threads we were talking a lot about ambition and star gazing but think of how good we would be with him back in contention.

• singamagpie