Let’s Keep Ben Arfa’s Spirits Up During His Recovery

Hatem Ben Arfa will not be able to return from his double leg fracture until next March, and that’s going to seem like an awful long time for the 23 year-old, after he seemed to be loving his time on Tyneside.

Ben Arfa with Tiote – after scoring that fantastic goal at Everton

Ben Arfa spoke with the press yesterday, and seems to be OK in terms of his spirits, and said he thinks his recovery is progressing quite well:

“I am doing well in my recovery but the process is slow,” “I am staying with my grandparents and that is good for the psychology aspect because it is not easy with an injury like this.”

“It is a long process. There is not a lot I can do in these early stages and it is a case of waiting for the bone to mend.” “By being where I am at the moment and getting a little bit of treatment, time is passing a bit faster and I’m feeling good.

“Every game before kick off I call my colleagues and give them encouragement.” “I then talk to the captain [Kevin Nolan]. It’s a shame I am not able to help but the doctors are giving me a lot of hope and comforting me with this injury.”

It’s important that we help to keep the spirits of the boy up, as he goes through the long and arduous ordeal of recovering from a double  fracture of his left lower leg, the worst injury of his career.

We see that the Evening Chronicle has ended their web messages page for Ben Arfa, so probably the best way to contact the Frenchman now is through email to the Newcastle club HERE.

We’ll keep reporting on how Ben Arfa is doing, so we can all continue to support the lad during his long recovery.

• tdt

Nov 3, 2010 at 10:31 AM

The sooner he’s back the better, our teams going to be pretty good once it’s fully fit:

———————Krul——————-

———————Krul——————-

Simpson–Collo–Williamson–Enrique

——————-Tiote——————

Ben Arfa—————————–Jonas

——–Guthrie————Nolan———-

——————Carroll——————-

There’s probably 10 viable formations that our squad could use sucessfully once fit! Next season there’ll be Kadar, Vuckic, Ranger, Gosling, Aires, etc to consider as well. not to mention RTaylor, Lovenkrands, Best, Harper, Smith etc.

If we can push on with the squad we’ve got, not get any more significant injuries, and add 3 or 4 youngsters in January then we’ll be sitting pretty I think.

• Indian Magpie

Nov 3, 2010 at 10:40 AM

No Disrespect but barton has to be in there, and he is not in 2 of the 3

• RichK

Nov 3, 2010 at 11:00 AM

Agreed Indian Magpie – Barton is one of the first names on the teamsheet for me right now – he’s been absolutely fantastic, he’s like a new signing!

• tdt

Nov 3, 2010 at 11:01 AM

Yep but so do Nolan and Tiote, hence why there’s so many posible options

• Indian Magpie

Nov 3, 2010 at 11:07 AM

i Believe and do not get me wrong but Nolan is dispensible

• Toon Sweden77

Nov 3, 2010 at 11:09 AM

Fantastic, he had not been at the club more than a couple of weeks before flying home to rehab his broken leg and still call the lads to wish them good luck before the games. Talk about him being a bad boy seems to be all gone.

Get well soon Hatem, hope to see you in the Newcastle shirt for many years to come.

• jarnytoon

Nov 3, 2010 at 12:30 PM

i hope he loves it as NUFC as much as he says he does and grabs the chance to sign permanently with both hands! he is the pace and the flair that can take us from a good team to a very good, consistent team!

my formation if everyone was fit would be :

************harps/krul***

simmo****collo***willo/sol****enrique

barton***nolan****tiote****jonas

*********ben arfa
    *******************carroll

in light of our great victory (caning of those mackem bastads :)) i have a new found respect for nolan and now actually hope he stays in the team and why he was picked as captain. i know he’s a scouser but right now i think the red blood in his veins is turning black nd white :).

but also i think we must keep jonas and enrique together (gotta be telepathy between them too), tiote as a midfield rock and barton i think after the last few games has been immoveable. therefore the sacrifice would be strolla and put bennie in as a 2nd forward n get him shitting the opposition up :)!

up the toon and long may CH be NUFC manager (greatest behind sir bobby and king kev :))

• jesus was a geordie

Nov 3, 2010 at 12:42 PM

As ridiculous as it sounds, I think Ben Arfa getting injured was the best possible thing to happen for us at that time…

There’ll be lots more injuries throughout the season, but at least we’ve been able to test out a few line ups without him, so we know what we have at our disposal. Had he been fit, I don’t see Barton/Ameobi starting at all!

• PK-Norway

Nov 3, 2010 at 1:18 PM

Well putting Benny as second striker behind carrol will give us more goals than having ameobi there..using ameobi as sub for our midfield and rotate benny when ameobi is coming on will be good i think..