Londoner Chris Hughton Restoring Pride Of Geordie Nation

I said before this game that if we won, I wouldn’t know quite what to do – after I’d taken my heart and blood pressure pills.

Chris Hughton – at the Emirates today – another great game plan

But the thing to do, after another magnificent performance from Newcastle United of grit and determination, and not a little bit of skill,  is to let Chris Hughton know what a fabulous job he is doing on Tyneside – and he’s restoring the Pride to the Geordie Nation.

This game was televised live around the world today,  and you can bet your life that Newcastle have gained quite a number of new followers with their last three league wins in a row, and especially today at The Emirates,  where they recorded their first clean sheet since the Everton game, when Steve Harper was injured.

And this was the very first win at the Emirates Stadium ever for the Magpies, and the first win in 11 visits to Arsenal over the last 9 years. As we said in our match preview – those streaks are there to be broken.

And this was Tim Krul’s first clean sheet since he replaced Steve Harper –  and to his enormous credit, Tim produced a wonder save from Sami Nasri five minutes before half time, and that suggested maybe this would be Newcastle’s day.

Surely Newcastle fans will now want Chris Hughton to get a long term contract at Newcastle, after he has taken Newcastle up to 5th place in the Premier League – one place short and 3 points short of a Champions League position. That’s almost unbelievable and maybe a little bit scary even.

Indeed it may be in Ashley’s best interests to give Chris a new contract right now – before he becomes too expensive – because we have two home games coming up in the next 6 days, and all that matters now is to get all 6 points from those games, and we expect some good crowds at St. James’ Park for those two games.

But we’re not getting carried away about this – we have learned well from Chris over the last 16 months or so – but maybe we can celebrate for a day or two.

But our next game is at home on Wednesday to Blackburn, so the players cannot go into orbit about this – because it would be silly if wee cannot beat Blackburn and Fulham at home, after just beating West Ham and Arsenal away.

All wins just give you 3 points.

So the Newcastle players cannot get carried away with this result for sure  – but the Newcastle fans can.

• Dennis Twice

Nov 7, 2010 at 4:35 PM

Hello

I`m trying to find my dog, it ran away, it`s called Daffy..Daffy! Daffy! Daffy! come to Bruce..Daffy Daffy Daffy

• korn8

Nov 7, 2010 at 4:45 PM

hehe…

• GeordieDan

Nov 7, 2010 at 4:54 PM

Dennis> lmao!!! here Daffy, Daffy, Daffy.lol

Hughton is a legend already! What he has achieved as our managed using the limited resources he has at his disposal is nothing short of phenomenal.

Use that tiny little thing rattling around in your head Mr Ashley and GIVE THE MAN A DECENT CONTRACT NOW!

What an amazing week. Lovin’ it!

• shaimoss

Nov 7, 2010 at 4:58 PM

WOW – I am so proud of our team and I had a tenner on us at 11-1
    MAGNIFICENT !!!!!!!!!

• Trent Toon

Nov 7, 2010 at 5:02 PM

Newcastle – Entertainers??

• kevymartins

Nov 7, 2010 at 5:07 PM

Its a day of days for the toon…I got some stick last week aka 4-0..payback hehe
    i told every1 this time around its tiote instead of vukic an they were like were still gona stuff yas 4-o again….well i live in ireland and im gona go dwn to da pub an get some newcastle brown an rub it all in there big fat faces hehe
    HWTL

• G

Nov 7, 2010 at 5:08 PM

I can’t help but notice a sudden improvement in results since Colin Calderwood left… coincidence? Hmmm.

• moonraker

Nov 7, 2010 at 5:09 PM

Where’s daffy???

• Bucks mag

Nov 7, 2010 at 5:12 PM

Wait till next weekend after hopefully another 6 points, then start contract talks.

• kevymartins

Nov 7, 2010 at 5:13 PM

Who Thought Nile Ranger Looked really brilliant when he came on?

I Think shola playd really well and krul that was a world class save

• brklyngeordie

Nov 7, 2010 at 5:13 PM

There’s only 1 Chrissy Hughton!! There’s only 1 Chrissy Hughton!! There’s only 1 Chrissy Hughton!! I am in a Geordie wonderland!! Incredible job by the lads and the gaffer today complete team effort incredible effort

• midlandstoon

Nov 7, 2010 at 5:15 PM

Glad Nile is getting some time, Now Haris and we are looking good. Shola looks professional at times lol

• brklyngeordie

Nov 7, 2010 at 5:17 PM

I have to say transfer of the year is Tiote completely has transformed our midfield he truely is the lion king and is becoming 1 of my favorite players completely shut down Flabergased haha credit to hughton and the scouts on this 1 incredible find hope he remains a geordie for a veryy long time

• willowdalerez

Nov 7, 2010 at 5:17 PM

5 year contract – reasonable terms and incentives end of story.

Rationale: See…

1. Up in 1 (in style too… Champs of Soda League)
    2. Carroll’s Development (Tapped for Nat’l Squad & Envy of Chelsea)
    3. Local Derby (All Tricks no Treats for Mackems in Sweet 5-1 Defeat)
    4. Beat Arsenal on their hometurf!
    3. Use of supporting players, Tiote, Barton, the list goes on and on… a No brainer!!!

• brklyngeordie

Nov 7, 2010 at 5:21 PM

I cant wait till wednesday and wish i could be in the stadium but being that i live in New York haha i wont be there in the flesh but will in spirit and will be singing my heart out in front of the comp. hopefully in toon with the rest of the toon army as we welcome Chris and the lads back home to which should be a mad house!! And all should sing along to the toon There’s only 1 Chrissy Hughton!!

• jesus was a geordie

Nov 7, 2010 at 5:52 PM

We can’t get carried away, we’re still a newly-promoted side and Blackburn stay in this division by grinding out results against teams like ourselves HOWEVER I would absolutely love it if Hughton could give Fat Sam a lesson in football management!!!

• GeordieGerman

Nov 7, 2010 at 6:16 PM

G, you noticed what’s happened to Hibernian since Calderwood arrived there and what’s happend to us since he left? After todays game I reckon we can take on anyone. But let’s not get carried away.

A very unexpectant Geordie.

• GeordieGerman

Nov 7, 2010 at 6:35 PM

AND, Hughton has to continue to wear that suit.

• G

Nov 7, 2010 at 8:44 PM

I hope CH continues to wear it for a long time, and if it were me, I wouldn’t even wash it (not even the shirt!) in case the luck gets washed out!

• Alan

Nov 8, 2010 at 12:37 AM

How, brklyn; née problem kidda. From New York just waalk up tu Shiremoor metro and buy a ticket tu St. James 😀

• shamadz72

Nov 8, 2010 at 3:21 AM

G,

I had a good laugh reading your comment and I was about to recommend the same thing too. 🙂

• Suklowor

Nov 8, 2010 at 6:39 AM

G, please remember, we got the great perform after we draw with wigan at home & Perch be starting eleven on that game, after that Calderwood out & Perch Out too from Starting eleven… 🙂

I am sorry my English is poor, i am from Indonesia
    😀