Will Newcastle Fancy Niko Kranjcar In January?

Spurs midfielder Niko Kranjcar is a class player,  and if he becomes available in the January transfer window, it could well be that Newcastle will be interested in trying to recruit him.

Niko Kranjcar – 60 caps for Croatia – a class player

Niko can play anywhere across midfield, and he has skills galore, and may add that bit of class that Newcastle need in their squad, although the lads have been terrific in these last few games, to be sure.

The Daily Mail has today reported that Aston Villa and Newcastle United are interested in the 60 times capped 26 year-old Croatian international.

But it would appear that Niko would want to stay at Spurs in an ideal world, as he said today:

“I feel great at Tottenham, so if I could play regularly for my team, then my first option would be to stay at White Hart Lane.” “But if I don’t play much, then I will have to look for other solutions. Nobody wants to be a reserve and that goes for me too.”

“I enjoy playing football, so that is the first thing on the agenda. If there is not enough space for me at Tottenham, then I will have to think about the next step in my career.”  “I repeat –  I feel great here, but if I don’t play every game, I feel a little bit empty.”

Niko’s father Zlatko is the coach of the Montenegro national team, and said his son may be interested in Liverpool, or he could even move abroad to get playing time:

“If Niko didn’t have ambition, he would stay at Tottenham and vegetate for the next three years. He has a great deal, but one just can’t match money with his ambitions.”

“Niko would like to stay in London, but he is also ready to leave England if he could move to Serie A. Liverpool is a club which would interest him, but then again, why not Italy?”

Niko seems like a really good lad, and according to his manager Harry Redknapp, he is the consummate  professional, who trains hard every day, and never grumbles about things.

If Liverpool become interested in the player, that could make it difficult for Newcastle to bring in the Croatian, if indeed they are interested.

But Newcastle have also shown they can attract top talent, and if  by January,  the Tyneside team is well positioned in the Premier League, the club could very well be an attractive choice for Niko.

• CT

Nov 8, 2010 at 6:59 PM

He`s class, but we have Benny and Gos still to come and Guthrie on the bench, do we need him??

• pizzicatochan

Nov 8, 2010 at 7:01 PM

We are interested in ‘Kaka, C. Ronaldo and Messi… *yawn*

I think the rumor wheels are running again. The rule is… when it’s on the paper, don’t trust it. So we know we are NOT interested in him.

• Howay The Lads

Nov 8, 2010 at 7:02 PM

Not really needed, IMO.

• pizzicatochan

Nov 8, 2010 at 7:02 PM

Please blog about Carroll’s chance of being called up to the England senior squad please!

• Thump

Nov 8, 2010 at 7:07 PM

Of course Newcastle would be interested in him – he’s a class player. Whether or not we’d be interested in signing him is a different matter entirely and I’m not sure we would be.

Also – it’s the Daily Mail.

Kev Nolan also won player of the month 😀

• pizzicatochan

Nov 8, 2010 at 7:07 PM

Anyway, I want to raise an example to show January purchase can harm us.

Remember Asprilla when he first came? We were leading Man Utd for 12 points, but then Asprilla came and he didn’t work well with Ferdinand… as part of the reasons that we lost the crown of that year.

If we got someone in January, we also need to evaluate how well he can play with the original squad.

• Dragonera

Nov 8, 2010 at 7:11 PM

No thanks. Lazy player that doesn’t fancy the battle on a cold night. I have seen him go missing for Spurs too many times to ever want him near this club. A year or two ago I probably would have jumped at the chance, but not now when the team spirit and work ethic is so high.

• Howay The Lads

Nov 8, 2010 at 7:19 PM

Ben Arfa is better than him by a fair bit.

Gutierrez is slightly worse, but has a good relationship with Jose.

Routledge is still finding his feet, but is alright as back-up.

And then LuaLua is still to come back!

• Solaidback

Nov 8, 2010 at 7:27 PM

Na, let Cessepool have him, he’ll want big wages which we’re not into giving these days… if he was as good as everyone makes out, then he’d be in the Spurts first team, not a bench warmer!!!

• balubas1

Nov 8, 2010 at 7:33 PM

I don’t perticularly want him.. But if he suddenly stands there in Black&White he’s welcome.

Good player, but we have good balance in the squad now. And if we get him my fear is that HBA won’t be signed at the end of the season. I definately rate HBA much higher.

• GeordieGerman

Nov 8, 2010 at 7:52 PM

”I repeat – I feel great here, but if I don’t play every game, I feel a little bit empty.”

Pure blackmail. You want someone at the club trying to hold the club at ransom?

• G

Nov 8, 2010 at 8:33 PM

If we are going for anybody out of the spurs midfield, I still reckon Bentley can do a decent job for the right team? Given his low esteem at spurs if we brought him in on loan he could be a decent back up, and has to be better on the right than Routledge.

• cupiddstunt

Nov 8, 2010 at 8:46 PM

Dragonera has a good point, read again what NK and his dad are suppose to have said and you can read he may not fit the squad and its work ethic very well, and to be honest do we need him? We still have two maybe three midfielders to come back into the squad yet.

When Gosling and Ben Arfa are back to fit and fighting for places with the players we already have in the midfield where is he going to fit?

What’s he going to demand in wages etc. Nahhh let him go to Italy I do not think the EPL will miss him all that much.

• Carl92

Nov 8, 2010 at 9:54 PM

I definatly wouldnt say no to kranjcar, ben arfa barton tiote and kranjcar is a tasty midfield. Tbh i dont tink routledge, best, and perch can hack the premier league so i would mind seeing them sold to bring some money in to stengthen the squad in jan.

• CT

Nov 8, 2010 at 10:18 PM

Carl92, Nolan/Guthrie/Gosling?? Anyway didn`t know KRANJCAR HAD A TWIN??

• CT

Nov 8, 2010 at 10:24 PM

Thinking about it, Sign Kranjcar, if he can play both wings at the same time, got to be better than I thought!
    YEH, like it,4:5ish:2 !

• brklyngeordie

Nov 8, 2010 at 10:56 PM

Class player but not one im sure we need.. Like mentioned earlier we have gosling who will be like a new recruit come january and guthrie who seems to have lost his place but not down on him because i must say squad is playing to max potential as opposed to most people who are so quick to just say some players are not good enough.. Anyhow i like the team we have and dont forget HBA is class if we keep him which i hope we do, only thing we still need is insurance for jose in case he ever gets hurt but pray he will not.

• brklyngeordie

Nov 8, 2010 at 10:58 PM

Lets take 6pts this week and make SJP a fortress again let the good times keep rolling!! Howay the Lads!!!

• Irish Toon

Nov 8, 2010 at 11:05 PM

Tiote deserves a spot on the home page Ed, he is the best signing we’ve made since shearer!

• CT

Nov 8, 2010 at 11:33 PM

We really don`t want to put any more pressure on Hoots, after all survival is our mission, and of course according to the rags is where we belong?
    BUT, everyone reckons that a promoted team will never emulate what we did under KK, the last time in our first season, becos you need Sheik or Chinese or Ruski zillions, can`t happen , or can it??

• branunited

Nov 9, 2010 at 12:19 AM

I have understood according Kranjcar and David Bentley does not come into plans hotspurs coach, but I also know that Liverpool would be willing to offer 7 million euros for Kranjcar, now do not know if winter will sell players if so, maybe sell it to leon best , smith, Xisco and ryan taylor, but I think Ryan will not sell, if that happened would probably come one or two players to the club, I would love to buy from Kranjcar and David Bentley, and try to buy a striker like babel, are saying?

• CT

Nov 9, 2010 at 12:48 AM

Breaking news, Carrol supposedly acc NoTW/ Sun, Rideme/ Rideme, was actually Kev either telling them actually time to go home, or their Dad`s turning up and the girls saying “Hide me, Hide me” it`s bollox!

• Brutooon

Nov 9, 2010 at 2:49 AM

He got Class but a loan deal would be a good deal.

• shamadz72

Nov 9, 2010 at 5:25 AM

You can only believed in rumours in the newspaper once CH deny the rumours 🙂

• gazza going fishing

Nov 9, 2010 at 5:29 AM

a think we should go for jarvis from woves he looked classy against the mancs 😀

• sweendog

Nov 9, 2010 at 10:18 AM

we need a RW, and LW is sorted when Arfa comes back to give competition to Guti ..

also we need cover for LB, RB, DM (when smith goes) and a top striker .. then we’ll be looking good

• chuck

Nov 9, 2010 at 5:14 PM

KranJcar is undoubtedly a very good player and could fill the right wing spot as Routledge has proved to be inconsistent.
    However there are a number of reasons he will not arrive @ St. James Park.
    1= would he want to come to Engerlands equivalent of Siberia ?
    2=Would Ashley pay the kinda dosh Arry would ask ?
    3=Apparently Arry wants him to stay.
    4=we would`nt be the only side to come in for him and he has expressed a willingness to go to Liverpool.
    Put it down to a slow day for the particular rag sheet that gave us the story.

• silvervrs

Nov 10, 2010 at 9:54 AM

“Niko seems like a really good lad, and according to his manager Harry Redknapp, he is the consummate professional, who trains hard every day, and never grumbles about things.”

Never grumbles? lol…. so what’s he doing when he released his statement?

Still think he’s a good player but where will he fit in the team? Also, from what i’ve seen of ben arfa so far, he’s just as good.