Carroll Stays With England – Does He Have Chance To Play?

Sky Sports is reporting that 21 year-old Andy Carroll was forced to miss training with England today, and there is still a possibility he will be forced to pull out of the squad.

Andy Carroll – staying with England squad but missed training today

Carroll is still classed as a major doubt for the game on Wednesday night against France, but it’s interesting the medical staff are keeping him at the England headquarters, and will continue to both treat him and  assess him.

The fact he has not been sent home yet,  would suggest there is a chance, maybe a small chance,  that he could still play on Wednesday evening for say 45 minutes.

Andy went down to Watford last night to join the squad, and that in itself is probably a good move by manager Fabio Capello, so Andy can at least get to know the England players, and the England manager can have a chance to to him at least.

While Carroll was forced to sit out the first training session today, Andy will be hoping (and praying) he can take part in the training tomorrow, and at least keep himself in contention for his England debut.

It doesn’t help the lad to know Capello was planning to give him a start on Wednesday.

• CT

Nov 15, 2010 at 7:53 PM

Don`t want him there, too early. We are what`s important. If he plays and does more damage, god knows how long he`ll be out.
    Also don`t want him tapped up, yes I Know about the 5 year contract and what he said today but he`s young and money talks.
    £25-£30 mill, he`s gone.
    Bring him home NOW!!

• G

Nov 15, 2010 at 7:57 PM

Good points CT, add to that the fact that AC isn’t ready for this in my opinion. I think he should have at least a full season of prem experience before he is picked. I don’t want him crucified by England fans if he has a poor game, as that could knack his confidence.

• tdt

Nov 15, 2010 at 8:07 PM

I have a suspicion that he is being told to stay so he can get a feel of the international set-up, even though he wont play. As capello said, he wants to introduce the next generation, which he said AC is definately part of. If this is the case, fair play to the england management for thinking long-term, and such a situation would also give AC a mass confident in his own ability.

• GeordieGerman

Nov 15, 2010 at 9:12 PM

Agree with you tdt, I also think they are just letting Andy see the set up, get to know the team etc. and I can’t imagine that England’s medical staff are the worst in England.

• Brutooon

Nov 15, 2010 at 9:45 PM

let him settle in the england camp, he will play for england for the next 15 years 🙂

• Toon-tinted-glasses

Nov 15, 2010 at 10:40 PM

I have a horrible feeling about this…I always felt that England didn’t protect Michael Own.agenda when he was playing for them….totally disregarding the fact that he was playing for a football club (allegedly, in owen’s case!)

I truly hope that they don’t play Andy if he is not 100% fit….I know it will be an upset for the lad, but in the long term it will him more good than harm…