Andy Carroll Announces Himself Fit For Bolton

Andy Carroll is back in training on Tyneside, and he is all set to go against Bolton Wanderers, at the Reebok Stadium tomorrow afternoon.

Andy Carroll – in training at Benton this morning

This is what Andy told Newcastle United TV this morning, about his England debut:

“It was a great moment. It was the proudest moment ever, really, and for my family to be there was well was great.”

“It wasn’t the best performance, but I thought I put myself about and showed bits of what I can do.”

Carroll has said he has done a lot of sleeping since the game, and hasn’t seen much of the press, and it looks like he doesn’t even know that he got very good press after the game, including Fabio Capello saying that he thought Andy played very well, and was the future of England.

Andy continued and said he hadn’t seen anything:

“I haven’t seen anything,” “To be honest, I’ve just been sleeping straight after the game so I haven’t looked at anything or heard anything.”

“But if it’s positive, then I’ll just take that and carry on doing what I’m doing at Newcastle.”

“I’m in the frame for the weekend. It’s going to be tough, like every game, but going away to Bolton is going to be difficult.”   “But I know all the lads are looking forward to it, so it should be good.”

We watched the video, and Andy seems even a shy lad and very modest about himself, and he was delighted his family could be at Wembley to see him making his England debut.

Whether Andy likes it or not, he’s going to be in the glare of the English press headlines from now on, including at Bolton tomorrow, which is a scary thought.

The press will follow him much like they did Alan Shearer, who was hardly ever out of the headlines, as he kept scoring and scoring for both England and Newcastle.

This 21 year-old Geordie, who has improved immensely under manager Chris Hughton,  has so impressed the English public this week, that we even expect the crowd at the Reebok tomorrow to be a very good one, as Andy will be a big draw on the road from now on.

Andy will need to start handling his fame, and quickly too, and if he doesn’t read the gossip press – we would even recommend he doesn’t start doing that – it’s mostly nonsense in any case.

OK, so he wont read The Newcastle United Blog either. 😀

• Malaysia-RASHID

Nov 19, 2010 at 1:06 PM

Hehehehe…i’am getting exited about this lad, i so proud with this lad, he and other mates have make NUFC both club and fans being famous in this world.

Lets keep positive, we will win tomorrow, and whaht the most i like with Andy, he strong to take any challenge and he also have pride. Damn, NUFC have comeback, we in glory season. HWL!!!

• Moreno

Nov 19, 2010 at 1:13 PM

I really don’t want any of our players associated with the national team until Capello leaves.
    The tactics and management are an absolute shambles.
    On the plus side its great experience for the players but on the negative they have a chance of getting injured, I personally havent watched the national team since the world cup until the other night as the way they play annoys me.
    You are 100% right Ed, now he is part of the England setup, his footsteps will be dogged wherever he goes, can he deal with it? I think on recent evidence – No he can’t. He is no Alan Shearer who was always a complete professional in his public and personal life and will not be able to cope

• G

Nov 19, 2010 at 1:17 PM

Moreno @ 2. Does Alan Shearer’s complete professionalism include the time he snotted Keith Gillespe in a night out in Dublin? lol

• Moreno

Nov 19, 2010 at 1:21 PM

G – Anyone would have done that

• Moreno

Nov 19, 2010 at 1:23 PM

As much as I hate to say it, I think Carroll is heading for a big fall, big fish in a small pond.
    I remember people saying he was arrogant when he was just breaking into the reserves and trouble will follow him round like a bad smell

• G

Nov 19, 2010 at 1:24 PM

Fair one. To be fair, I briefly met KG on a night out in Cyprus, he seemed quite quiet and subdued at the time but I did hear later that once he gets a few fizzies into him he has a chip on his shoulder the size of Ark Royal.

• G

Nov 19, 2010 at 1:29 PM

Off subject, but some intersting quotes from Coyle on CH’s contract situation, worth a read:

• GeordieGerman

Nov 19, 2010 at 3:00 PM

Hope Andy’s talking on field and not off.