Are Newcastle Supportive Of Carrroll’s England Career?

Newcastle’s concerns about not wanting Andy to play this week has brought up questions about how much the club will support his future England International career.

Chris Hughton – is Irishman concerned  about Andy playing for England?

But we don’t think this is a major problem, and Chris knows lads want to play for their country, but when it’s only a friendly game, the very last thing you want is to have your best players come back injured, which has happened to Liverpool’s Steven Gerrard this week.

Newcastle pay Carroll’s wages, England don’t,  and they will want to ensure Andy comes back fit from International duty, although that hardly ever happened with Michael Owen, when he was at the club and also playing for England.

Chris continued with his rhetorical questions about Andy:

“Is there any frustrations that he played regardless?” “Not at this moment because I think we would have benefited from it.”

“The fact that he has got through 70 minutes and made his debut is something we wanted as a club and for the lad himself.”

“So I think at this moment we can only gain from the fact that he has got the experience of playing for the senior side.” “That is something we all wanted and that is the way we have to look at it.”

Newcastle will be supportive of Andy playing for England, of course they will, but when it’s a friendly and the lad has a slight injury,  they will be concerned about him playing, and so they should be.

Newcastle have come out of the Andy Carroll affair this week looking good, as they usually do when Chris Hughton is the front for the club.

• Indian Magpie

Nov 19, 2010 at 11:32 AM

NUFC pay his wages. Imagine what happened to Steven gerrard happening to Andy caroll.

• Ciaran Thomas

Nov 19, 2010 at 12:14 PM

Playing for England is a honour.

• ganiyu

Nov 19, 2010 at 12:43 PM

Losing for england sucks

• Lynxie

Nov 19, 2010 at 12:45 PM

Ciaran Thomas,
    Its also a liability when the manager hasn’t got a clue. I echo the comment regarding Gerrards injury. We would be ion deep shit if Carroll had got a knock. Also, England friendly games carry no pride anymore, we lose them regularyly and the younger lads hardly get any satisfaction out of them. I am dead chuffed for Andy, but Capello’s days are numbered, and the new manager is the one to impress………….when he is installed.

• Sav

Nov 19, 2010 at 12:51 PM

Howay, Ed, this one really is a’ non-story’, if there is such a thing.

The team should be focused on Bolton now – and with respect, so should you.
    HTL!

• G

Nov 19, 2010 at 1:13 PM

I agree with Ciaran Thomas that it is indeed an honour to play for England, however, the clubs that pay the wages should be able to enforce absence’s for injuries, especially for meaningless friendlies.

• Davies

Nov 19, 2010 at 1:36 PM

As far as I’m aware, Newcastle asked that Carroll be handled with care. They never asked that he didn’t play.

• Ciaran Thomas

Nov 19, 2010 at 2:16 PM

I know Lynxie,I was just saying that it is a honour to play for England.

• wynsleap

Nov 19, 2010 at 2:38 PM

I think that headline is totally uncalled for.
    Toon will support any of their players playing for their country as would any club.
    It’s just that, as they pay the wages for that player to play in important matches which could have a significant impact on the club’s future or finances, they have every right to insist or expect that their employees aren’t treated like cattle and played when unfit.
    As far as I’m personally concerned I wouldn’t even have a care if England didn’t have a football team as only NUFC interests me but I do understand it’s every players ambition to play for his country.
    In this case I think Andy will soon realise it’s much more fun and satsifying to play for the Black ‘n’ Whites rather than with a set of over-hyped “Superstar” media darlings.