It’s All Over – It’s Alan Pardew

We more or less said it that last night, but it’s now Alan Pardew who will definitely become Newcastle manager, and he will be get a results-based contract.

Alan Pardew – results based contract

And bookmakers this morning have labelled the move as  “a done deal” in other words it’s all over.

William Hill have Pardew at 2/25 to succeed Chris Hughton, with former favorite Martin Jol, having walked away from a results based contract,  even though he officially said he wants to take a break from the game.

William Hill’s Relations Director Graham Sharpe posted this on Twitter this morning to the media:

“Alan Pardew for Newcastle looks a done deal – Hills now 1/12 the ex-Saint gets the gig, with Jol out to 9/1; (Martin) O’Neill/ (Ray) Wilkins both 10/1,”

It seems that Ashley is looking for somebody who is better than Hughton in the transfer market, as one reason he wants a new manager. Other than that,  heaven knows what he’s looking for, but there would be few top managers who would take a results-based contract.

Apparently the good players who were brought in during the summer, were all brought in by Chief Scout Graham Carr, who seems to be doing a very good job for the club in what is a very strategic job.

The top two of  Hatem Ben Arfa and Cheick Tiote were essentially brought to the club by Graham Carr, and not Hughton, and they could become top acquisitions for the club.

Whether the club can now sign Ben Arfa with Chris having left the club, is a very good question, as we know the Frenchman really liked Chris.

Fans will be more than unhappy that Alan Pardew, who doesn’t have any stellar record in football management, is the man they’ve brought in – he’ll make Graeme Souness look like a wonderful management signing when we got Graeme in September of 2004.

Graeme followed Sir Bobby Robson, and the fans just never took to him, and he lasted around 16 months.

Alan Pardew will be the 13th Newcastle manager in 13 years, and since we started this blog in April 2007, we have seen Glenn Roeder, Sam Allardyce, Kevin Keegan, Joe Kinnear, Alan Shearer and Chris Hughton manage the club – and now it seems Alan Pardew.

That averages out as one manager every six months in Ashley’s reign so far.

That’s hardly stability, which is what Mike Ashley said that was what the club needed when he came in during the summer of 2007.

Seven managers in 42 months isn’t what we would call stability.

• hitman

Dec 8, 2010 at 10:30 AM

fkin disgrace,jobs for the boys…

ASHLEY OUT

• DrunkenSteve

Dec 8, 2010 at 10:30 AM

Bring back Freddy all is forgiven.

Cockney Mafia are back!

• slazberger

Dec 8, 2010 at 10:31 AM

if it was a done deal surely they would have suspended the betting?

• NotAGhostToon

Dec 8, 2010 at 10:31 AM

Ed can you stop doing this? its STILL not official.
    Although it is looking a bit scary I must admit.

• roy cropper

Dec 8, 2010 at 10:31 AM

well from now on i’ll be on here sniffing aroond for – links – on match days.

i aint going back.

• RichK

Dec 8, 2010 at 10:33 AM

If this is true then one word………..DISASTER!

• alex84

Dec 8, 2010 at 10:33 AM

feffing disgrace, never spending a penny on that fat shite again!
    something has to be done, we cant just accept this!

• chris6033

Dec 8, 2010 at 10:34 AM

thats me done, i cant support Alan Pardew, he is no way more experienced than hoots.

• roy cropper

Dec 8, 2010 at 10:34 AM

second thoughts i’ll be in the boozer – stupid boy.

• tdt

Dec 8, 2010 at 10:35 AM

I wouldnt trust the gambling industry to base any presumptions on. They exist to make money from people who guess wrong about something that is going to happen – so why would they tell us the truth? Their information has massive political motive behind it. People really should not act as if they are a reliable journalistic source, because they are not.

PS, I hope they are wrong about Pardew :/

• expatgeordie

Dec 8, 2010 at 10:36 AM

One Huge step backwards for the Toon. I’m not going anywhere near SJP until Ashley & his cronies are gone.

• Whumpie

Dec 8, 2010 at 10:36 AM

This blog hasn’t changed: no quality, just quantity, using stupid, misleading headlines to generate traffic to get more advertising revenue.

FFS, Ed: You’re using a fekkin BOOKIE as a reliable source to justify that headline??

You’re getting as bad as NUFCMad.

• Solaidback

Dec 8, 2010 at 10:36 AM

It’s not official until it’s on the OFFICIAL website, which it isn’t & as Slaberger said, if the bookies were so sure about this like they were with Hoots going, they’d have stopped the betting, so it’s complete bo!!ocks imo!!!

• Jamesthefirst

Dec 8, 2010 at 10:40 AM

BBC Sport Breaking News : Pardrew is the Manager. Annoucement tomorrow

• Purely Belter

Dec 8, 2010 at 10:42 AM

wat a f**king joke. im livid.

F**K OFF mike ashley u donkey.

this is absolutely rediculous.

• McLoven

Dec 8, 2010 at 10:42 AM

Talk about jumping the gun. Nowts official till the club announce it.

• Toon Sweden77

Dec 8, 2010 at 10:42 AM

Wont belive it… cant belive it until its on the official site.

Would be a very sad day if its true… why oh why?? What have we done to deserv this??

• Eaststander

Dec 8, 2010 at 10:42 AM

Anyone fancy throwing their season ticket at Ashley on saturday. Thats what I am doing unless the bookies have got this wrong

• Rotonda heights

Dec 8, 2010 at 10:44 AM

Hilarious if Pardew was performance related. he’ll be on the streets !!!

• alex84

Dec 8, 2010 at 10:45 AM

ah well…were fo*****ked!

• munch27

Dec 8, 2010 at 10:46 AM

In some ways i would feel sorry for Pardew being booed buy the crowd at his unveiling , so FFS FAT BOY spare mine and Pardews feelings and pick someone else.

• sweendog

Dec 8, 2010 at 10:46 AM

suppose ashley doesn’t have a wife so nothing to fear from pardew ..
    you think ashley wants the run newcastle into the ground based on this .. the man is mental..
    I hope it works but a big gamble on somebody I would say is comparable to hughton .. on big difference though .. the fans and the team are behind hughton …
    DISGRACE

• Eaststander

Dec 8, 2010 at 10:47 AM

Well looks like the bbc have confirmed I am throwing my ticket at him.

• Rotonda heights

Dec 8, 2010 at 10:47 AM

after 49 years, I didn’t think it could get any worse. how wrong could I be ! Yes ed is as usual jumping the gun, but to all intents and purposes it looks for all the world as if it’s Pardew and that being the case, after 49 years I’ve had enough. I didn’t think anyone could harm the is club any more than Freddie Shepherd, but Ashley is world class at it.

• roy cropper

Dec 8, 2010 at 10:49 AM

ed ignore 12 – he gets slapped roond off his missus on a daily basis then comes on here & .org trying to hoy his weight aroond.

the truth is he’s just a pudding that’s frightened of his own shadow.

his thinks he’s a toon fan coz he spent a night in jesmond – the t i t

• chris6033

Dec 8, 2010 at 10:53 AM

roy cropper – pmsl, only thing that’ll make me smile today!

• Toonkistan

Dec 8, 2010 at 10:55 AM

thats a joke…a joke i tell you…**** you MA

• Shot Bru

Dec 8, 2010 at 10:56 AM

The bookies have had it wrong before….Didier Deschamps was nailed on and then suddenly Keegan was unveiled..remember this is talk sports unreliable gossip mongerer The Moose telling us that Pardew is on his way up to the toon..i know i’m clutching at straws.

• expatgeordie

Dec 8, 2010 at 10:57 AM

I think one word sums up our situation and how I feel about Pardew. “BOLLOCKS”. I live near Reading and have a lot of friends who support Reading they all to a man hate Pardew. He is an arrogant p*ss poor manager. He’s done nowt anywhere he’s been a losing FA cup final with West Ham & a Paint Trophy with Southampton. Dark Days indeed are ahead for the toon. For the 1st time in 55 years I hope we get relegated I really feel sorry for the fans who go every week but at least they are all together. I will now get the P*SS taken out of me something rotten by the Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea & other fans down here.

• Malaysia-RASHID

Dec 8, 2010 at 11:00 AM

let we all say goodbye to our lads who will leave us in Jan.

And let say goodbye to Alan Pardrew for his new job.

Bye bye all..see you all again if there miracle happen in NUFC. Rite now i’m can’t take any presure from NUFC.

• Eaststander

Dec 8, 2010 at 11:01 AM

Right I am going to bed for my next horrible nightshift and when I wake up this all better of changed and anyone but Pardew is in charge of my club, otherwise I am off to St James for the last time for a long time on Saturday at 5.30pm

• Stuart

Dec 8, 2010 at 11:03 AM

What I can’t understand is how Pardew is a better manager than Hoots, I mean, he just got sacked from Southampton right? How can he be not good enough for them, yet good enough for newcastle.

If ashley wanted a cut price manager why didnt he stick with Hoots, he was on less than minimum bloody wage and still didnt complain.

I’ll never stop supporting Newcastle because its my club, but I won’t be spending any money on the club until the cockney mafia are gone. They’ve done nothing but systematically destroyed the club since they took over.

Looking forward to another season in the championship.

I think disillusioned is the word.

• kentonmags

Dec 8, 2010 at 11:04 AM

what a fu**ing joke i will never enter sjp again after this i will go sat and vent my anger then throw my season ticket on the pitch a disgrace what a laughing stock we are im so pissed off its unbelievable

• curmon

Dec 8, 2010 at 11:05 AM

Pardew will now bring in all of his cronies including a new goalkeeping coach same as he did at Southampton. The Saints management fired them all at the same time. Ashley Lamearse Pardew jobs for the boys>

• Rodzilla

Dec 8, 2010 at 11:07 AM

whoever it is, we all should just remind ourselves how pi55ed off we all were when Hughton took charge.

Whinging on about Pardew or who TF it’s gona be ain’t gona help anyone. MA has proven to be a cloth-eared buffoon when it comes to listening to fans, and he’s unlikely to change his spots anytime soon. Forget about Pardew and focus on the 11 lads on the pitch.

I mean, come on, who else were we gona get?! Hughton obviously fell out with Ashley over ‘something’. That’s now water under the bridge for me. It does however smack of KK’s boardroom fallout.

Yes, everyone, including the team grew to like and respect Hughton. Whoever takes over this time should be given a chance.

Yes Ashley is a c0ck. But lets just look forward to finishing the league in the top half eh.

I’ll start moaning again when Ashley sells Carroll in January, and gives Pardew FA to spend.

• magfly

Dec 8, 2010 at 11:07 AM

Same old same old jobs for the boys pardew/lambsarse very good pals for years this stinks.

• kentonmags

Dec 8, 2010 at 11:09 AM

i might go in to the game on saturday and walk along and stand in the liverpool end

• Eaststander

Dec 8, 2010 at 11:09 AM

Kentonmags. We will have to stand and wait our turn because the queue will be massive