Alan Pardew is 99% certain to get the Newcastle United job – so we still have a chance – a 1% chance of it not happening. 😀
Jurgen Klinsmann – he would have been great – it’s not going to happen
There’s a story out there by SportingPreview.com and it says the Pardew story is simply a smokescreen as cover as Newcastle sign Klinsmann – right – we wish it were true.
And they say that Jurgen Kinsmann is due to arrive on Tyneside for his coronation as Newcastle boss tomorrow.
Of course we wish it was true, but we’ve looked into the story just a little bit – they could at least have made it Jose Mourinho.
Klinsmann is not only a very good coach whose teams play terrific football – remember Germany at the 2006 World Cup – but he’s also a terrific guy.
He would be a wonderful front guy for Newcastle United – no doubt about that.
The story says that Klinsmann was approached last week, and instantly accepted the challenge of taking the Geordie giants back into Europe and beyond.
In fact we understand this is what Jurgen told Mike, after taking about 20 seconds to decide to say yes – it seems the original story missed this bit out – that’s strange:
“Yes – of course I’m willing to take the job Mike – on a results-based wage .”
“I assume that means no results no wages – with no money to spend – why that sounds just great to me.”
“I’ve been looking for a really good challenge – and that’s a challenge alright”
“And I’m told your a wonderful person to work for – and a great communicator too.”
If this is all true then what is Ashley talking to Alan Pardew for – maybe he doesn’t even know.
Of course they probably picked Klinsmann – who works for Toronto FC, because of course he spent a wonderful season with Tottenham Hotspur, and Ashley has ties with that London club.
Jurgen also turned down the chance to become the US soccer coach, after this summer’s world cup – and that was a pity.
SportingPreview.com are having a laugh – unfortunately.
We wish it were true – we really do wish it were true – but it’s got a 1% chance – and that’s on the optimistic side.