We’ll Support Alan Pardew – As Hard As That Will Be

As it now looks like Alan Pardew will become the new manager of Newcastle United, within the next 24 hours at most, we are very disappointed with what owner Mike Ashley has done this week.

Alan Pardew – that red and white tie will soon be black and white

We think he’s made another two massive mistakes in his tenure as owner of the Newcastle United club.

He sacked Chris Hughton, stabbed him in the back in another way of saying it, and has compounded that mistake with the imminent appointment of Alan Pardew.

There is nothing in Alan’s record, repeat nothing, that tells us he is in anyway equipped to manage Newcastle United Football Club.

But if it is Alan, we expect him to even be taking the training as early as tomorrow morning, then we’ll vent our anger at the owner, and start to support Alan in his new role.

It’s not Alan’s fault that we have another mess at the club.

That will be difficult of course, and we hope we are very very wrong about Pardew – and nothing would delight us more if he becomes a huge success on Tyneside.

As we’ve said before on our site, were are not in the game of always being right – but we are in the game of wanting Newcastle United to become great again.

We also expect the Newcastle players to fully support the new manager, with players like our captain Kevin Nolan, Joey Barton and Sol Campbell having to play a huge leadership role on behalf of the playing staff.

After all, when a certain Chris Hughton was appointed Newcastle manager 16 months ago, we met that decision with almost the same anger and dismay.

• partizanovec

Dec 8, 2010 at 12:32 PM

For the sake of NUFC, maybe.
    I hope MA / DL burn in hell!

• Magpietillidie22

Dec 8, 2010 at 12:38 PM

No ED, no. There will be no support for Pardew. If he gets the long term job SJP is gonna look like the riverside stadium week in week out with less than half the seats full

• neeraj

Dec 8, 2010 at 12:40 PM

When did he get appointed? Did I miss something?
    Ed, now I expect you writing a thread on Pardew’s transfer targets.

• tjshawsey

Dec 8, 2010 at 12:42 PM

In one sense I hope every manager rejects us in support of Hughton, but that would be at the clubs expense 🙁 Lets face it, what ‘big name’ manager, as Enrique asks for, would want to join us?

• arcarius

Dec 8, 2010 at 12:43 PM

stop making so many new headlines when nothing is confirmed yet!

• Magpietillidie22

Dec 8, 2010 at 12:43 PM

• baz65

Dec 8, 2010 at 12:43 PM

ED why have we got this thread when its NOT OFFICIAL. I for one will protest if it happens I wont stop going to the match as the git has already got my money. Mind I wonder if I can get a refund under the sale of goods act as the product I purchased has come right off the rails and is causing me great distress!!

• NUFC_Richyg01

Dec 8, 2010 at 12:45 PM

ED STOP the ParPoo posts already, he is not confirmed and until he, or whoever else is, why give them the extra publicity??

• hitman

Dec 8, 2010 at 12:45 PM

why support a yes man

• acuna

Dec 8, 2010 at 12:46 PM

Although i dont expect the board to be THAT stupid to appoint this clown(despite their ridiculous decisions so far) I for 1 would find it hard to put myself through the sickening feeling of the relegation season b4 and would cease to show interest anymore.this from a fanatical supporter of 13 years.why oh why did they dismiss chris.

• boater

Dec 8, 2010 at 12:46 PM

Ed, not confirmed and you don’t even go the games so stop trying to generate traffic and put words in the mouths of paid up season ticket holders.

• Brutooon

Dec 8, 2010 at 12:46 PM

Ben Arfa deal off

Wheater deal off

Adam Johnson / SWP deal off

• roy cropper

Dec 8, 2010 at 12:48 PM

i’d rather have beardsley as our manager & being embarrassed watching him – spitting – all over the camers when being interviewed by sky sports than having this waster in charge.

obviously.

• Smithy

Dec 8, 2010 at 12:49 PM

They want more experience in winning surely not Pardew he is a born LOSER.

• baz65

Dec 8, 2010 at 12:51 PM

Where are the people from Wikileaks when you need them. Wonder if they can help us lol

• Smithy

Dec 8, 2010 at 12:52 PM

ASHLEY MUST DIE!

• ginkoh

Dec 8, 2010 at 12:52 PM

Sorry Ed, for Pardew, I cannot do that !! I really don’t .

• Davies

Dec 8, 2010 at 12:53 PM

I still don’t understand what Ashley was thinking. I’ve never been anti-Ashley, though I agree he has made some bad decisions, but this puts me fairly firmly in the anti-Ashley camp.

I just don’t get it.

• Ruvio

Dec 8, 2010 at 12:53 PM

It’s actually completely Pardew’s fault. It’s being reported he’s become friends with Ashley and Llambias to get the job, by frequenting their casino.
    Because he’s a cockney sparra piece of sh1t

• Toonboy_84

Dec 8, 2010 at 12:55 PM

Ed! Calm down with these threads man!

• DrunkenSteve

Dec 8, 2010 at 12:55 PM

I can see things turning very ugly very quickly between the fans and Pardpoo a-la Fat Sam. We are going to be right in the relegation mixer after Liverpool on Sat unless the lads pull of a shock result.

Where is my motivation to go to St James, buy merchandise and generally line “the evil ones” pockets?

• Moreno

Dec 8, 2010 at 12:55 PM

I have said it once and will say it again, I will not be following the club if this comes to pass. I am sick of this.
    This isnt a knee jerk reaction, I honestly will not spend another penny on this club while that fat pr*** is in charge.

• Ciaran Thomas

Dec 8, 2010 at 12:57 PM

Hes in Jail,Baz.

• Magpietillidie22

Dec 8, 2010 at 12:57 PM

“I feel like Fatso is taking the p!$$ out of me and is kicking me in the balls then asking me to pay for it.”

^ that just sums up the feeling perfectly

• Junglist-Geordie

Dec 8, 2010 at 12:58 PM

Your saying this like its already happened im sure that’s not the case but to be honest im personally sick to death of ashley and crew ripping the heart out of this club which in turn rips the heart out of the geordie nation,if pardew or jfk get the job we will almost certainly go down,i will always watch results and read blogs and see how there doing of course goes without saying but no more travelling up and down the country just to line the pockets of that pathetic excuse of a man ashley .

• tom tomb

Dec 8, 2010 at 12:58 PM

It has to be true, sack a man that has pulled us back from the brink and gels everyone together. Then replace him with someone that causes unrest and tension and fragments everyone. How has that tw@t Ashley made any money is beyond me.
    Yesterdays back page on The sun had a picture of the fat git with a green face. My 3yo just said Dad look a monster and pointed to him! How true son, it will now be used instead of Andrex!

• CT

Dec 8, 2010 at 12:58 PM

No one would take this job on a 6 months results based contract unless they were desperate. Ashley definately wants to sell before it caves in again.

• alex84

Dec 8, 2010 at 12:58 PM

NO chance will i ever support Partpoo!

i need a drink!

• dave 1961

Dec 8, 2010 at 12:59 PM

if true it will have one meaning, that Ashley wants to bring the club down I will not renew season tickets with such a clown as manager.

• Rotonda heights

Dec 8, 2010 at 1:01 PM

Sorry don’t think I can Ed. After 49 years of total owner mismanagement, I think this is it for me now. The straw that finally broke my back. Our club has been raped by one megalomaniac and egocentric too many.

• Smithy

Dec 8, 2010 at 1:02 PM

Ashley must be bi-polar or sumin pulling everybody else down coz he’s suicidal. Or maybe a schitzo cockney mackem

• dave 1961

Dec 8, 2010 at 1:03 PM

In fact I will be singing you can stick your f’n Padrew up your a**e on Saturday, I will never except him ever.

• MarGera332

Dec 8, 2010 at 1:09 PM

I’m afraid that i won’t be supporting him. He is not the man to take this club forward, and if that was really Ashley’s reason for sacking Chris, then he had to put his money where his mouth was, and appoint someone like MO and provide him with backing.

The Arsenal model is all very well and good, but we are not Arsenal and we need to build a good foundation first with a mix of youth and experience. For me you can then develop the youth side, as they have experienced players to start learning from.

If Pardew is appointed today, then i am done with giving my support to every different (wrong) manager that comes through the door. Enough is Enough!!!

• gorskino10

Dec 8, 2010 at 1:10 PM

So we go to a guy who got sacked from SOUTHAMPTON! Yeah top class manager that is. Has he got confused with Christmas good will and fort he would do the oposite cause he hasnt been hated in a while! i swear he must have mental problems or something! he couldnt of think Pardew is better than Hughton!

• archaeomag

Dec 8, 2010 at 1:10 PM

What experience?

He’s a relegation merchant, are we planning for another championship season!

This could only happen in panto season, absolutely ‘ucking mad.

• Solaidback

Dec 8, 2010 at 1:10 PM

Sounds like you’re trying to be the voice of every Toon fans Ed but you’re seriously wrong in this statement because no one I know, except Wolf_the_Mag on the Newcastelmad website forum will support Pardew because he’s no better a manger than Hoots was!!!

• balubas1

Dec 8, 2010 at 1:11 PM

Too much gossip out there now…. anything from Martin Jol + 20mill transfer kit to Pardew+zip….

Something must happen soon though. MA must understand that he needs to clear some issues for the fans now. We deserve to know what’s going on soon. Of course after they have finished negotiating on a new manager..

• Sinner

Dec 8, 2010 at 1:11 PM

I know im not!!

• balubas1

Dec 8, 2010 at 1:12 PM

Who knows…. maybe Pardew will have a new revival as a manager??? I don’t want Pardew AT ALL! But the point is, we know nothing….

• Graxel

Dec 8, 2010 at 1:13 PM

What a f*****g joke!
    Fat Mike is the biggest joke ever.
    I give up.

I will never go to St. James Park again. Not until fat Mike is out…… So disappointing….