Is Turmoil To Reign Again On Tyneside?

The former Newcastle striker Micky Quinn has today taken a swipe at owner Mike Ashley for his seemingly crazy decision to replace Chris Hughton at Newcastle, with who now appears to be his friend,  Alan Pardew.

Mike Ashley – this is the guy at fault – not Pardew

Pardew has signed a five-and-a-half-year deal at St James’ Park, and he has today given his first interview to Newcastle United TV, but he’s entered into what is a storm of protest by Newcastle supporters.

Our major concern, to be honest, is that the club will get into the same crazy situation it was in two years ago, and we’ll become enmeshed in another relegation scrap. We may already be in that same mess.

But surely the fans’ anger has to be addressed  at  Mike Ashley and not to Alan Pardew.   Anyhow – we certainly don’t want this to be another relegation season – the old heart will not take it this time around.

This is what Micky said today:

“I am still livid.” “They are taking the mick out of the supporters.”“I have nothing against Pardew, but he must have thought all his birthdays and Christmases had come at once when he got that phone call asking him to be Newcastle manager.”

“The players have got to be thinking ‘what’s going on?’ Chris Hughton was quiet, but he brought the players together – he created a bit of unity.”

“But he wasn’t good enough for Mike Ashley. We can’t forget that he was part of the crew that brought in Joe Kinnear. And they were the same crew that brought in Dennis Wise to undermine Kevin Keegan.”

“It just goes on and on and on – for once you’d have thought they’d be happy that Newcastle were in the Premier League.”  “No, it’s a case of ‘let’s tear the club apart by bringing in a new manager’.”

“I loved my time at Newcastle and it was like a second home for me, even as a Scouser in the North East.” “But this week I thought for the first time that I hope they get absolutely battered by Liverpool on Saturday.”

We have no idea what the solution to this crazy situation is, but if the fans want to replace Mike Ashley – it will be history repeating itself.

Mike will again try to sell the club, this will be for the third time mind you, nobody will want to buy it,  and everything will be in turmoil again, and Newcastle will end up being relegated.

Hey – maybe Chris Hughton will be available to become Newcastle manager again next summer.

As I said history has a knack of repeating itself.

• Thump

Dec 9, 2010 at 3:19 PM

To be fair, Mickey is right on every single point.

Haven’t heard much from Supermac lately, have we?

• dublin mag steve

Dec 9, 2010 at 3:21 PM

just look at your picture on top of this story mike your a big fat waste of space now f*** off out of toon and leave our club alone. dear santa all we want for xmas is a new owner and OUR manager back. the toon army

• migmarra

Dec 9, 2010 at 3:26 PM

Well, I watched the Pardew hoping to be inspired to feeling that i may be wrong about his appointment.

Turns out i am now even more underwelmed. didnt think that would be possible.

There has to be a way to hurt Ashley for this! Just as he has hurt us and Hughton!

• migmarra

Dec 9, 2010 at 3:26 PM

* the Pardew interview

• Spiderman92

Dec 9, 2010 at 3:30 PM

Look , what’s done is done , no-one can change the fact that Hughton is gone and Ashley is a cock. Lets give Pardew a fair chance as I for one love our club and nothing will change that.

mid table finish.
    no lower than 14th

• geist

Dec 9, 2010 at 3:38 PM

ssn showing another live interview now

• supermacnumber9

Dec 9, 2010 at 3:38 PM

At the start of the season I said that all I hoped for was stability, in mid to upper table with some good signings and more youngsters coming through – this would set us up for next season.
    Has this fiasco changed anything? Other that making us a laughing stock (again) I doubt it – we can still build a platform for next year. But after that? I doubt either Huts or Pardwho could takes us any higher – so what do we do then? Buy out his huge contract and get an “experienced manager”?

• nufclewin

Dec 9, 2010 at 3:39 PM

Ashleys is a cock, i agree with you spiderman92

Join this page if you agree:

• RedMissionBells

Dec 9, 2010 at 3:43 PM

Today, I would like to annouce to all of you that I am no longer going to be giving my support to Newcastle United.

Even relegation has more positives than this situation that has just happened. I cannot stand the sight of Pardew and Mike Ashley.

I guess I will only start supporting Newcastle United after the Mike Ashley reign is over.

Meanwhile, I must keep hoping a oil tycoon buys the club and spends millions.

• dave 1961

Dec 9, 2010 at 3:46 PM

we should look on Ashley as the 21 century’s version of Adolf Hitler, this waste of skin has declared war on the fans of Newcastle united football club, we have to defeat this arrogant piece of the brown stuff, we have to encourage supporters of other teams to boycott his tacky shops, we have to stop buying tickets, & season ticket holders should stop spending any money inside the stadium, boycott any products of any company advertising within the stadium, don’t buy anything associated with the club, then email the companies telling them that you are boycotting them for their support of Ashley. We have then to refuse to renew season tickets, it does not matter how hard it is we just have to make a stand to force this piece of blubber out of our club. To me this is war. & for those that say we are destroying our own club remember these words “NO MATTER WHAT THE COST”.

• Thump

Dec 9, 2010 at 3:46 PM

And there goes another plastic.

• newcastle29

Dec 9, 2010 at 3:47 PM

Well well well, pardew already gaining resect by demanding that andy carroll will not be sold!

• Selbymag

Dec 9, 2010 at 3:54 PM

Redmissionbells you can happily sod off for me. Supporting the club is a lifetime contract and the only guarantee is heartache and pain. If you are not man enough for the job f8ck off and support man united. The players will get my support whoever owns / manages the club its the deal we made with devil when I sold my soul!!

• AndyE93

Dec 9, 2010 at 3:56 PM

Everything Pardew has said so far has shown that he is very much an independent manager that isn’t afraid to knock down the chairman’s door when he sees a good player. Example being Dean Ashton who truly was an exciting talent, if it wasn’t for injuries who could have possibly been Shearer-like. Get behind the manager lads!

• archaeomag

Dec 9, 2010 at 3:58 PM

. . .well that’s another fine mess you got us into . . .

Not a lot any of us can do about it; but not ever
    shopping at sports direct would be a start.

Saturday is going to be interesting, Pardew has got 90 min to prove us all wrong . . .

• Ciaran Thomas

Dec 9, 2010 at 3:58 PM

Theres more Turmoil on this blog. hahahah

• kentonmags

Dec 9, 2010 at 3:59 PM

EMAIL I JUST RECIEVED FROM NUFC FANS FORUM

The last 48 hours have been an emotional rollercoaster for us all. We’ve passed through anger, some of us into more anger and others into downright apathy. I don’t blame anyone for their reactions. I’m somewhere between the two. However, we must remember that we’re not Luton Town or some other mediocre club. We’re Newcastle United, and we should never lie down and die.

Saturday is the ideal time to make our feelings known.

ESPN will be there. Sky Sports News will be there, and a host of other media agencies. A protest is in order. A highly visual, peaceful protest.

Anything organised must be:

1) Peaceful.
    2) Of visual significance both outside and inside the stadium.
    3) Convey our messages of support to Hughton, and more importantly, to the players who remain contracted to this club.

I’m proposing a huge sit-out outside St. James’. If you have a ticket already for the game, as I do, so much the better. It guarantees your seat will be empty for the television cameras inside. I propose we line the outside of St. James’ in peaceful protest with flags, banners, posters, shirts, everything we have. We don’t go into the stadium in the first half.

Hell, even if you don’t have a ticket, so much the better. Demonstrate the amount of cash revenue that is at Ashley’s fingertips that he’s completely lost. 25,000 inside the stadium, 50,000 outside would be a tremendously powerful message.

I think we need banners expressing our admiration for our favourite players. Enrique, Tiote, Carroll, Coloccini, Jonas… the ones who must be feeling devastated or frustrated and angry at another managerial changeover. If they don’t play for Pardew, hopefully they’ll play for us. I want Coloccini to look like this

We need the usual anti-Ashley propaganda spattered around. The more people in Toon shirts the better. Use your imaginations with your messages of support for players/condemnation with Ashley.

Most importantly, this must stay peaceful.

I propose meeting at St. James’ in (very) warm clothing for 4PM, in time for the cameras to get set up, and staying there until at least 7PM. This is the club we love, and if we have to suffer to get it back, so be it.

The only way to get rid of Ashley is to make his position untenable. Yes, we tried that before, but we forgave. I think many consider this the final straw, simply because of how Hughton was removed and the circumstances surrounding it. This protest must persevere. We have to continue to as long as necessary.

Thoughts?

Date: Saturday 11th December
    Time: 4.00PM
    Venue: Circling St. James Park
    Additional Info: Bring as many as you can!

• Fozzy

Dec 9, 2010 at 3:59 PM

I was impressed with his interview to sky sports. It’s a shame Hughton got sacked, but it’s time to move on. After all Hughton isn’t bigger than NUFC.

• Fozzy

Dec 9, 2010 at 4:03 PM

Kentonmags, if people decide to constantly protest instead of supporting the team then there will be a repeat of 2 years ago. You would think that people would learn.

• Thump

Dec 9, 2010 at 4:03 PM

I thought you had buggered off to Gateshead kentonmags?

• kentonmags

Dec 9, 2010 at 4:04 PM

there nothing thats going to stop the protesting its goin to happen

• tjshawsey

Dec 9, 2010 at 4:04 PM

What I don’t get is, if we are to go forward from this, how will the name ‘Alan Pardew’ bring exciting young players to newcastle in the future? The good players currently here will want to leave because this is not the big name they asked for. At least with Hughton he was up and coming, Pardew was on the way down.

• kentonmags

Dec 9, 2010 at 4:05 PM

it is not as easy as that THUMP you know what i mean ha ha

• GeordieGerman

Dec 9, 2010 at 4:08 PM

tjshawsey, I know that this is probably just desperation. But Ferguson was also mediocre till he took over a mediocre team.

• vanderlee

Dec 9, 2010 at 4:09 PM

Time to get behind the team.
    I for one hope that this turns out to be an inspired appointment as that means NUFC will have been successful.
    The press and everyone else will be looking for the turmoil and protests and a hammering at the hands of Liverpool will be just what they want.
    What would the story be if 53,000 Geordies welcomed Pardew as the man to take the team foreward and this inspired the team to a win over Liverpool and we go on a run through the festive period.
    Oh to dream, but we can try and make it happen rather than focus on that which we cannot change…

• Fozzy

Dec 9, 2010 at 4:11 PM

25 you got the right idea.

• Selbymag

Dec 9, 2010 at 4:11 PM

I will be taking my seat and alongside my son be supporting the players.
    Been there seen it done it and been trampled by a police horse in the Gallowgate.
    Non of this shit works im afraid, he will sell when he is ready.
    The only thing the protests will acheive is relegation as the layers become effected by it all and then start to look for transfers out.
    Shit owner or next Boro!!

• Selbymag

Dec 9, 2010 at 4:12 PM

*players

• nden85

Dec 9, 2010 at 4:13 PM

i know i’m probably going to get shot down for this, but here goes. yes, protest on saturday, but at ashley not pardew and not during the game. everyone needs to still get behind the lads otherwise this will drag out, the team will lose confidence and pardew will not be allowed a chance to succeed and we WILL get relegated. If we get behind the lads and the manager then we’ll be ok. its not ideal and nobody is happy about it, but lets not create a poisonous environment or we will condemn ourselves to defeat.

• ochytoon

Dec 9, 2010 at 4:13 PM

If you boycott and stop supporting u r pathetic. if u love football like i do then u stick with club through it all. Mike ashleys not my favourite person in the world but if u boycott u will only upset the team more. do u really think players will want to stay here if the stadiums half full and there are boo’s ringing out all game. get out there and support our team. unfortunatley i live down south so i cant :/ he’s not that bad a manager. had some gd tactics with southampton and stop making out like hughton was the greatest manager ever cause i remeber when half of u were slagging him off when he was appointed. lets give pardew a chance and cheer them on on saturday

• Thump

Dec 9, 2010 at 4:14 PM

Hope you trampled the horse back, Selby!

I’m trying to find a shred of good in this but I’m just hoping to be proved wrong… there’s nowt else I can do 🙁

• Captain Beefheart

Dec 9, 2010 at 4:16 PM

You can’t make an omelette without breaking eggs, chaps. Utter crap being spouted by a few deluded individuals about getting behind the team, it doesn’t work & never has. Until Ashley is out this club he will just continue to fleece supporters with no intention of providing a club to be proud of – because he is incapable of it.

The longer Ashley gets away with this desecration of our club the more he is convinced we are all half wits or worse – docile collaborators. He has declared war by sacking Hughton – what the f*** are we going to do about it? What’ s that I hear, give Ashley’s puppet Pardew a chance????

Anyone who turns up on at the next game sanctions the Hughton sacking and supports Ashley – not the Toon. Unless there are less than 5,000 in the ground he has won. He knows that.

For live TV to beam out from an empty stadium would be a true statement of love for this club.

Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind. Do you want him out or not? Vote with you feet, your kids deserve it.

But we won’t, beacause we Geordies never have done, after all we are King George’s loyal & docile citizens and now King Mike’s on the throne and we love him.

Surfs forever. Losers forever. Sickening.

• GeordieGerman

Dec 9, 2010 at 4:17 PM

It is probably also just desperation. But how about. Ashley Lamearse and Pardew are all gambling mates. There is a rumour that Pardew is in debt to Ashley. Ashley sells the club. But the new owners don’t want Pardew, they want a big name. Pardew gets a £3 million pay off and pays his debt back.

Hope is the last to die. (German saying).

• expatgeordie

Dec 9, 2010 at 4:20 PM

Selbymag agree one hundred percent my Dad brained the black & White into me 60 years ago & I’ve brained it in to my Son & my Grandchildren even though I’ve lived down south for the past 30 years. As they say you can take the boy out of Newcastle but you can’t take Newcastle out of the boy. Once black & white always black & white. Though I do think that staying away for the one game will make a massive statement.

• ochytoon

Dec 9, 2010 at 4:22 PM

@ Captain Beefheart you are unbelievably stupid. how will that help at all. players will just want to leave and then you’ll just find another scapegoat. protest outside of the match but if u were a true football fan u would support ur team no matter what

• DrunkenSteve

Dec 9, 2010 at 4:22 PM

I pray every night to Allah, Jesus, Budda and Sir Bobby that the Qitari’s come and buy NUFC and bashing the Evil Fat One form the promised land.
    🙂

• DrunkenSteve

Dec 9, 2010 at 4:24 PM

*from

• Selbymag

Dec 9, 2010 at 4:24 PM

Each to their own Beefheart but no need to be sanctimonious about it.

I will do things my way, you do them yours.

Any manager that came in could have been viewed as Ashleys puppet, Hoots has been accused of that for long enough.

• GeordieGerman

Dec 9, 2010 at 4:24 PM

Captain Beefheart, I’m not for a continual boycott a one game boycott? Ok. The way the players are at the minute we’re going to be hammered by Liverpool anyway. But after that we have to start supporting and winning again.

• DrunkenSteve

Dec 9, 2010 at 4:25 PM

** banish

don’t know what’s wrong with my spelling today