Newcastle Confirm Pardew Appointment To No Fanfare

Newcastle have now officially confirmed the appointment of Alan Pardew as their new manager.

Alan Pardew – Newcastle United manager

And as we reported earlier today he has been offered a huge five and a half year contract at the club.

Maybe that’s because this will be the 5th manager to serve under Mike Ashley since he arrived at Newcastle in the summer of 2007, which turned out to be bad news for the club, even though it was met with some aplomb.

We’ve been trying to find out about the man himself in the last couple of days, and how he manages, and what we’ve come up with is a little better than we expected.

The fans at Southampton were a little aggrieved when he was firs last August, and he seems to be a good man-manager.

We have to hope he’s a good man-manager because that will be his first major hurdle to overcome – to get the Newcastle players behind him, and that will start today.

We do not think this is a good appointment, but we didn’t think Chris Hughton’s appointment was either.

So we have to hope we are wrong again – and yes — that will give hope to Newcastle fans everywhere we know. 😀

Best of luck to Alan Pardew – he’ll need to show courage and fortitude in the job, just like Chris Hughton did.

And let’s put something out there that’s positive – if we win on Saturday Newcastle will be buzzing again.

• pearceet

Dec 9, 2010 at 11:34 AM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ETC

• partizanovec

Dec 9, 2010 at 11:34 AM

sick to death

• curmon

Dec 9, 2010 at 11:37 AM

So what happens to Pardew when we get relegated at the end of this season

• Markaccus

Dec 9, 2010 at 11:38 AM

Somebody please buy the club off Ashley. There is middle eastern interest in the shape of Aranian Prince Abdul-Bin-Geordi, who is heading up a bid with long time friend Osama-Bin-Laden. I’d rather have them two than Asley and Lambsarse, and if Bin-Laden needs to avoid detection from the US forces, he can just hide out in the foothills of the Cheviots!

• shaun83

Dec 9, 2010 at 11:39 AM

doubt we would win on sat had it been mourinho!

• tobbe77

Dec 9, 2010 at 11:41 AM

Stand behind and support the team+manager,and Mike Ashley can fick off!!

• DJM TOON

Dec 9, 2010 at 11:42 AM

i really have no faith in this appointment.

5 and a half years?!?

i fear for the worst regarding this season now. the fans will smell blood at the first bad result.

MA has really messed up regarding this… just one more thing to add to his long list of mistakes

• MarGera332

Dec 9, 2010 at 11:43 AM

I am really surprised that this has really happened. For the life of me i can’t believe that MA has given him a 5 and a half year deal, does he think that us fans will be happy, because he is saying that he is backing the manager!? Shocked and really disappointed for the club. I had a feeling that we were starting to go places, now i think we will be back in the championship next season!!

• Toon_Army

Dec 9, 2010 at 11:43 AM

There is no silver linibg to appointing a sacked Manager of a team recently promoted (through Play-offs) of a League one Team, My mate runs a sunday league division club he must be fuming that he didn’t apply for the job.

Chris was different, he was a Caretaker and as such we could show him the door anytime, but he grew big arms and did a fantastic job, picking up the broken pieces, It’s sad he wo’t get to finish what he started much like Sir Bobby.

Maybe ash was grroming chris to go back to the spuds when arry takes the England job.

We are like the spuds feeder club 🙁

• maccas7

Dec 9, 2010 at 11:45 AM

This is the worst appointment i could have imagined. he’s good at relegation i’ll give him that, so expect championship football next year toon fans.
    Speaking for myself i will never give that fat shit who isnt worth a name mention any of my money again. I done with it all until we have a chairman who wants what the toon fans deserve. You are a disgrace MA and hope you get capped.

• Zangwill_Ho

Dec 9, 2010 at 11:45 AM

?

• Tino99

Dec 9, 2010 at 11:45 AM

I never blog but this is an absolute disgrace. Alan Pardew the ex manager of Southampton – division 1 side. The funny thing is, is that he got sacked by Southampton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pardew and Curbishley are the two managers who I would never ever want to manage Newcastle United. So average it is unreal. Pardew’s style is so boring. I give up. For the first time since Bobby we have had a good team spirit and a not too shabby squad and in Hughton a bloody good manager who is also nice guy.

Disgraceful!!!!!!!!!!!

• Adssy Mccc

Dec 9, 2010 at 11:46 AM

WHAT A JOKE WE HAVE BECOME – ONCE AGAIN!!!

• Zangwill_Ho

Dec 9, 2010 at 11:46 AM

Upset

• CT

Dec 9, 2010 at 11:47 AM

Look, financially Ash owns the club, Morally we do!! Nothing he does will stop me loving and supporting my team,NOTHING!!
    Paredew is the manager, don`t crucify him before he starts, his job is gonna be hard enough as it is.
    We have a job to do and thats to help him get the players onside and galvanised.
    How we react on Saturday could make our top players minds up whether to leave or stay.
    Personally I hope we smash L`pool by 5, who knows it may be for the best? HWTL

• Tino99

Dec 9, 2010 at 11:47 AM

One word – FUMING!!!!!!!!!

• expatgeordie

Dec 9, 2010 at 11:48 AM

Well thats me not watching the Toon for the next 6 years. What a f**king joke I hope we get stuffed by Liverpool

• ginkoh

Dec 9, 2010 at 11:48 AM

Do as you want, Who can accept the way Ashley did to us, please go on support Ashley’s football club.

Don’t mind me, Maybe I’m so negative but I think he sacked Hughton because of Hughton ambition to improve the team. Ashley just want the team to stay in PRM for TV and player sale to make profit and Pardew can do that for him. 5 years contract !? what the joke ! maybe he just help Pardew to get compensation if he sell the club to new owner in the future.

I can’t blame our players who may want to leave the club in January or summer because this club is totally joke. That’s fact ! I give up and good bye. Don’t care about it anymore.

• dak76

Dec 9, 2010 at 11:48 AM

Disgrace, shows ashleys lack of ambition.
    This man has proved he can’t cut it in the PL.

Obviously ashely thinks we are a championship club at best. Looks like we could become the next yo yo club

• traceline

Dec 9, 2010 at 11:48 AM

Chaps – what’s done is done.

Rail against this and it’ll guaruntee another relegation – back the players, ignore the manager and owner, and we might stand a chance.

Time for the fans to come together and support the team despite of off-field occurances, rather than because of them.

• geoff777

Dec 9, 2010 at 11:49 AM

I’m shellshocked.

I just hate Ashley so much …

GET OUT OF OUR CLUB!

Someone buy this club so we can get rid of the slug.

• tobbe77

Dec 9, 2010 at 11:50 AM

Agree “CT”

• veto

Dec 9, 2010 at 11:51 AM

is so sureal its almost unbelievable , untill you remember who is calling the shots .
    its give your mate a job day again , at the expense of a whole city .

• Indian Magpie

Dec 9, 2010 at 11:51 AM

i feel like puking

• GeordieGerman

Dec 9, 2010 at 11:51 AM

Anyone no where I can watch the press conference online?

• Penguin PJ

Dec 9, 2010 at 11:52 AM

The Anti-Chris is here.

• FcukOffYouFatKuntAshley

Dec 9, 2010 at 11:52 AM

Like a man who has lost the will to live… I have no energy left to support the club I once loved. My thoughts are with the fans, my once fellow supporters.

This is my last thought for the club; I will not watch a single game, I will not buy another ticket, I will not buy any merchandise, and I will not support anything that Fat Fcuk Ashley does. If I ever meet that stinking fat kunt God only knows what I will do!

• maccas7

Dec 9, 2010 at 11:53 AM

There is no words out there for this… total joke.
    Thats me done with it all until we have a chairman who wants us to do well. So until he’s gone, bye toon fans its been a pleasure.

• G

Dec 9, 2010 at 11:54 AM

The S**derland fan at work is now describing the toon as ‘The gift that keeps on giving’. Enough said.

• shaun83

Dec 9, 2010 at 11:55 AM

agree CT – Think largely on deaf ears at the moment while everyone is so angry but being Newcastle fans every last one will come round and support the manager and team

• Adssy Mccc

Dec 9, 2010 at 11:55 AM

Everyone saying: ‘get on with it – back the club’…

I see what you are saying, but where the hell do you draw the line….

Everyone is clearly incensed by this!! It’s just outrageous what he keeps doing to this wonderful club!! 🙁

• Tino99

Dec 9, 2010 at 11:56 AM

I can support a manager who is so average!!!!!!

The club is a joke and mark my words I guarantee Carroll and Tiote will leave in the summer!!!!

• hitman

Dec 9, 2010 at 11:57 AM

no one out there can tell me padrwho is the right man for the job,why he got the job was coz hes the cheepest and will tow the party line..

• geoff777

Dec 9, 2010 at 11:57 AM

Don’t agree CT

How many times are you going to bend over for Ashley before you say enough is enough?

• Adssy Mccc

Dec 9, 2010 at 11:59 AM

Pardew strikes me as the pure definition of:

* Grey
    * No personality
    * No ambition
    * Middle of the road

Need I go on…..

• shaun83

Dec 9, 2010 at 12:00 PM

geoff777 – Like i siad previously I sympathise with that view completely and highly tempted myself but really what’s your plan? what’s the impacts? what’s the chances of success?

• Paul P

Dec 9, 2010 at 12:00 PM

this is the darkest day in the history of newcastle united. we will go down and never come back. disgraceful. like i have always said, we will go nowhere under this clown of an owner.

• leedodd

Dec 9, 2010 at 12:02 PM

Another manager That if we Stay Up Will Be So Great That We will Always be a Bottom Half team . He says he supports The Youth System etc meaning No Money For Players so we have to Look forward the Youngsters again !!!! Has Mike Ashley a Death Wish ?? He Must get a Helicopter to the Game at 11am then at 9pm a Helecopter out and an SAS Armed Guard Team To protect Him as He is The North Easts Most Wanted !!!!!!!!!! What a Pratt Signing Pardew up for 5 Years !!!!!!!!! Or does he think he has Signed Up someone By Mistake ?? Pardew Will Never Be Loved By The Fans as he is Ashleys Puppet !!!!!!!!!!!

• Ciaran Thomas

Dec 9, 2010 at 12:03 PM

Howay the Lads !
    Lets all get behind Pardew and The lads,Get your heads out of your arses like TO THE PART TIME SUPPORTERS !.

• geoff777

Dec 9, 2010 at 12:03 PM

Cut of his money supply

Watch in the pub or at home
    Don’t buy shirts