Pardew Appointed – Now To Beat Liverpool

Alan Pardew is the new Newcastle United manager, and whether fans like it or not (they don’t), he’s the Newcastle manager and he’s been given a whopping five and a half year contract.

Alan Pardew – players have to support him –   immediately

With the new contract, that means Alan will be here as long as Mike Williamson and Nile Ranger, who also recently contracts lasting through the summer of 2016. But we don’t think so.

We have almost given up on getting anything at all out of the Liverpool game, because of all the goings on this week, and we remember well that after Kevin was sacked we got 2 points out of the next 18, and we just cannot afford to do that again this time around.

Somehow the lads have to get behind Alan, and remind themselves of what happened the last time – when Kevin Keegan left in somewhat similar circumstances – after all this is not the first time a lot of them have been through turmoil at St. James’ Park.

But at least Ashley has appointed somebody quickly, as he knows what happened in September 2008, after Kevin left,  when Chris Hughton filled in and everything went to hell in a hand-basket and quickly too.

So if we are not to repeat that disaster again,  we could start with a guts and glory performance against Liverpool on Saturday.

Hopefully the lads will be on form and try to get the 3 points,, which of course we desperately need.

We will also get some idea of  how strong Alan Pardew’s  man-management skills are, and if get another brave display from the lads – then fortune favors the brave – and nobody is really expecting us now to be able to beat Liverpool in any case.

That must therefore make Newcastle favorites with some to win the game – given the very up and down form of Newcastle so far this season.

That’s what Newcastle need to do now – and that’s up to Alan and the players.

• G

Dec 9, 2010 at 11:55 AM

I think there is more chance of the hole between the cheeks of my backside healing up than there is of getting 3 points of liverfool. Still, their form is eratic, so here is hoping.

• munch27

Dec 9, 2010 at 11:55 AM

Ed Pardew has to earn our respect where as Assley has lost any begrudged respect he had , theonly ppl we need to be behind are the players and my Spidey Sense actually senses a mass excodus of our best players.

• GeordieGerman

Dec 9, 2010 at 11:56 AM

One positive. I have read that Pardew does give the young un’s a chance. So maybe we will see more of Ranger and less of Ameobi.

• ginkoh

Dec 9, 2010 at 12:01 PM

Please tell me 1 reason why we can beat Liverpool. Show me if he can. My heart said we can win but my head tell me Liverpool kill us 5-0.

• GeordieGerman

Dec 9, 2010 at 12:01 PM

Anyone no where I can watch the press conference online?

• GeordieGerman

Dec 9, 2010 at 12:03 PM

Any of our players know him or played under him?

• GeordieGerman

Dec 9, 2010 at 12:06 PM

ginkoh, Hope the team don’t have your attitude.

• geoff777

Dec 9, 2010 at 12:07 PM

He mismanaged Tevez and Maschereno at WH they really didn’t like him.

So Jonas & Colo will know all about him.

• shearermania

Dec 9, 2010 at 12:08 PM

Pardew got everything to win ..he is hated from the off – he can only surprise us in a positive way……if he can win the next 3 games then all is water under the bridge (we still hate ashley thoigh)
    must say i always thought he had west ham and charlton playin some good attractive football…but whether he will do it with us remains to be seen……..
    let him have a go…..give the man a chance….we’ll stone him later if he faills (which we all think he will) but fair dinkum give the chap a chance…….i love nufc and i couldnt take another relegation

• Milzzy Rascal

Dec 9, 2010 at 12:09 PM

I’m not happy with this. I have a real feeling of jobs for the boys here and frankly it’s disgusting.

There’s so many mixed reports about this bloke but the facts are he’s been sacked from every single job he’s had! That cannot be good.

After reading Luke Edwards piece in the Journal yesterday I see what Fat Mike was trying to do but as usual he’s done it totally unprofessionally and half assed. I fear for us.

One slight positive I cling to is if Fat Lad was to part with cash in January he may be more likely to do it if it’s one of his mates asking for it – but then again maybe I’m just clutching at straws

• jimiley

Dec 9, 2010 at 12:10 PM

Lets all get behind Mike and Alan. Bollocks!!!! If it takes two relegations to get rid of Mr fatman. So be it. A price well worth paying to eradicate the cancer from our club.

• geoff777

Dec 9, 2010 at 12:10 PM

TEVEZ after Pardew sacked by WHU

“West Ham striker Carlos Tevez says he was surprised former manager Alan Pardew was not sacked earlier. Pardew was dismissed as manager last week, with Alan Curbishley swiftly appointed as his successor.

Tevez, 22, told the News of the World: “I was surprised to see how long Pardew held on to the job in the end. “In Argentina or Brazil he would have been out long ago. It was clear the team did not react as he wanted – it wasn’t going right.”

The Argentine is yet to score a competitive goal for the Hammers since his move from Brazilian club Corinthians last August and has struggled to command a regular first-team place. He added: “I was never given the chances I thought I would be given and I was told to play out of position against my will.

“I had to sacrifice myself for the team, which I don’t think helped. I was playing in ways I did not understand well and I lost a lot from my own game. “It didn’t fit where he put me but I wanted to help. “I don’t think he had a clear idea about my game or what to do.

“He was a good football man but more suited to coaching English teams without foreign players with big reputations. “I think that was a big problem for him.” Tevez insists he is keen to help West Ham push up the table and is relishing working with new manager Curbishley.”

• RichK

Dec 9, 2010 at 12:12 PM

I’ve been looking at some of his previosu line ups when he was at West Ham, he seems to like attacking formations 4-4-2 and 4-3-3 so we’ll see what he starts with this sat.

Depending who’s fit/available he might go:

……………………..Krul……………………….
    Simpson…Taylor….Campbell…Enrique

………Barton…….Tiote…….Nolan………

Jonas…………….Carroll………Lovenkrands

or if 4-4-2:

…………………….Krul……………………………..

Simpson…..Taylor…..Campbell….Enrique

Barton….Nolan…………Tiote……Jonas……

………Ameobi/…………Carroll………………….
    ……Lovenkrands…………………………………….

• John

Dec 9, 2010 at 12:13 PM

I have to say I thud this was a joke when I 1st heard his name mentioned. This is the last slap in the face to fans giving this w—— er the job. I have supported nufc through tick and thin for bt 18 years spent pound after pound supporting them for this? Im done Im walking away til this crowd are gone thank you very much Mike Ashley you should be so proud of yourself bet the rest of PL teams down or half are running scared at this appointment or having a good laugh at us more like it.

• bill

Dec 9, 2010 at 12:14 PM

This will be exactly the same as when KK left. We will get slaughtered by Liverpool because the players will be showing their disgust at the situation.
    The only hope for a result is if they dedicate the performance to CH and give their all.

Personally, I hope we drop like a stone and then the fat git might pack his bags and go.

• SirAlan

Dec 9, 2010 at 12:14 PM

ED how can you be such a lowlife ? if you wish to get behind that Ashley and Pardew then by all means dop it, but quit asking us to do the same…i would hate to be in a TRENCH fighting a war with you ED….

• GeordieGerman

Dec 9, 2010 at 12:14 PM

@ geoff777
    “He was a good football man but more suited to coaching English teams without foreign players with big reputations”.

Well that’s us.

• hadthetshirt

Dec 9, 2010 at 12:14 PM

He probably will have money in January from the sale of our best players.If Ashley has any brains he will keep Carrol and not make the mistake he made with Milner.What am I saying Ashley and brains in the same sentence dohhhh

• Milzzy Rascal

Dec 9, 2010 at 12:15 PM

That Tevez comment makes me think slightly more highly of Pardew to be totally honest.

‘He was a good football man but more suited to coaching English teams without foreign players with big reputations’

– err good we had enough of that sort of crap from players. (Not that I’m saying I wouldn’t love Tevez but that sort of attitude is totally symbolic of the modern footballer)

• leedodd

Dec 9, 2010 at 12:16 PM

At The end of the day we do not want to et Relagated again because of Mike Stupid Ashley and Derek Lambias. I bet we have a long winded Load of Crap in the Program on Saturday !!!!! We have to get Behind The team now Not for Ashley But For Chris Hughton to Thank him For all the Good Work he has Done for us Geordie Faithfull !!!!! The Crowd Will Never Shout Pardew Give us a Wave Like They Did For Chris’ Could Pardew Get us To beat Sunderland ?? No I Think Not !! If we win On Saturday it Has To be Dedicated to chrisy H !!!!!!!!!

• shearermania

Dec 9, 2010 at 12:17 PM

jmiley….
    youre a muppet……thinking that relegation would in any way help our club – you are dillusional….relegation would further more bridge the gap…..
    no one likes ashley but we still love our club and relegation and an empty sjp could seriusly end our existence…but being 12 year old you wouldnt understand that…..

• derekm

Dec 9, 2010 at 12:18 PM

geoff777 – interesting but irrelevant quote from a premadonna player who demonstrated his attitude to managers who don’t do what HE wants last weekend – he practically fought with Mancini when he had the temerity to take him off. Pardew has to be given a chance – he certainly has guts to take the job with the animosity he knows will be there from day one – as regards the length of the contract, it is only this long on the quoted £700K per annum as it limits Ashley’s compensation to £3.5 million even if he sacks him today!

• Visten

Dec 9, 2010 at 12:18 PM

Under normal circumstances a team would not want to play another team who had just had a manager appointed as you tend to get extra from that team to impress the new manager however Liverpool will be thinking the opporsite enough said.

• geoff777

Dec 9, 2010 at 12:19 PM

The most important thing for the club is to get rid of Ashley.

We need a buyer.

Is this more likely if we get relegated again and are cheaper.

Or if we are successful … ?

Don’t know I’m just so depressed by all this.

Pardew … I keep saying it hoping it isn’t true …

I wish he’d put us up for sale again.

• Thump

Dec 9, 2010 at 12:20 PM

The proverbial straw has taken place upon the camels back.

You won’t see me at SJP any time soon unless it’s a free ticket.

• Stuart

Dec 9, 2010 at 12:23 PM

Well, Mike Ashley has proved himself once again to either know absolutely nothing about football, or that he wants to milk newcastle for all he can get.

I expect the majority of our big players to leave in january, either because they’re pushed or simply cannot work with Pardew.

I will still support newcastle, any true fan can’t just turn it off, but I will not be supporting the management or owners.

I agree with post 11, I’d be happy to get relegated to league 1 if it meant getting rid of Mike Ashley and his cronies!

• shaun83

Dec 9, 2010 at 12:23 PM

geoff777 in my opinion more likely being in the prem league by a long way. However, if reports are to be believed, Ashley is not a man that gets on well with potential buyers so he is probably the biggest stumbling block! remember him turning up in dubai and annoying everyone and after a stupid price! Allegedly of course!

• Norwegian_geordie

Dec 9, 2010 at 12:24 PM

Alltough Pardew wasn’t exactly my first choice of managers coming in, I’m more or less left with a feeling that this is what we get at the moment. We haven’t proved anything in the league this year, we were i CC league last year and 12th in the league at the moment…

I think, as I’ve said before, that MA is trying… Just try look at this at another perspective, he’s a guy with loads of money put in to a club. Even if he’s mostly interessted in selling up, he still wants his money. And he sure as hell doesn’t decide everything at the club, the whole board is what’s the problem. ut the seem to be getting off quite easily.
    A protest against MA will not help… We’ve seen it before, I’m sorry, but it”ll make things worse. the feeling around the club and amongst players will drop like concrete in water… It’s a recipe of disaster (in other words – relegation).

No matter what happens at this club, it’s never a suprise anymore, and we choose to support this club trough thich and thin. Let’s get behind the lads and try sort this out.

A point against pool isn’t that far off I believe..

• shearermania

Dec 9, 2010 at 12:26 PM

one thing i do admire about pardew – he got balls to take this job on…..he knows we will be on his back straight away – he must back his own ability very much……..
    believe me its a very sad day – but lets give him a chance…..nothing good is coming out of relegation…we tried it and got lucky we got out in first try…but look at the smoggies and leeds for that matter……..i wont have that

• GeordieGerman

Dec 9, 2010 at 12:29 PM

geoff777, when I read that he had a 5 1/2 contract. I just thought Ashley has no intention of selling up. But you saying that Ashley’s compensation would only be £3.5 million has given me hope again. For anyone who could afford to by us this would just be pocket money.

• carrollsinger

Dec 9, 2010 at 12:30 PM

Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh bloody does my head in

• Toonmania

Dec 9, 2010 at 12:31 PM

No ED i will not support Pardew, he’s not good enough and just watch the mass exidus of players wanting too leave in Jan also heard that Ben Arfa is not happy playing for Pardew and is concidering his options THAT SAYS IT ALL FOR ME!!!!!

• Stuart

Dec 9, 2010 at 12:31 PM

The way Mike Ashley and the newcastle board are managing the team though thats exactly what will happen shearermania, we will turn into the next bloody leeds if they’re not careful.

If clubs like Liverpool can put enough pressure on their owners to get them to sell up, why can’t we, supposedly the most passionate supporters in England?

We need to protest, boycott games…hell f***ing shoot Ashley if someone gets a chance, anything just to show that we the fans are not happy and at the end of the day, this club is ours!

• shearermania

Dec 9, 2010 at 12:32 PM

no rich billionaire would buy a fizzy pop club ….so our biggest hope is to awoid relegation stay in the league and pray that a buyer comes along..

• xfer

Dec 9, 2010 at 12:33 PM

Didnt believe the Alan Pardew sh*t i’ve been seeing cos it’s so unreal. I thought the club might be using someone as a smokescreen…

This is nightmare. I’m almost too exhausted to care about our beloved club now. I just hope i’m proven damn wrong.

• geoff777

Dec 9, 2010 at 12:34 PM

@carrollsinger

I’m the same … feel like screaming.

Got to stop reading about it.

It’s done.

I’ll watch the game on the internet.

• dublin mag steve

Dec 9, 2010 at 12:34 PM

the only thing i can say about the whole thing is me makes me sick and saddened right to the core i never thought id feel the way i did when we were relegated but it does it feels that bad. its typical penny pinching they couldnt afford to give chris the contract or the financial backing he deserved so they plucked a man from obscurity someone whod take any contract or terms that were offered to him just to get back in the big time all ive left to say is mike and derek you are a pair of w*****s youve ruined our club you make me sick.

• GeordieGerman

Dec 9, 2010 at 12:37 PM

Stuart, Liverpool didn’t get new owners by boycotting games. We should do what Manure are doing and start wearing the colours of Newcastle West End. Red and blue. I would like to say Newcastle East End as well but they wore red and white, so for some reason I don’t think so.

• Thump

Dec 9, 2010 at 12:37 PM

I honestly feel sick after reading this. Think I’m going to go and have a lie down.

• shearermania

Dec 9, 2010 at 12:37 PM

toonmania..
    so you had a chat with ben arfa and he told you he didnt like pardew…what a load of tosh…he would never heard of pardew……
    lets calm down and see how he gets o on saturday…lynching him now wont do any good..its not his fault our owner is an idiot…
    to me he shows hes up for the challenge – he knows how we felt for chris – he knows if he dosnt deliver straigt away he will be stoned…..
    lets preserve judgement i say….