Pardew Honored And Privileged To Be Newcastle Manager

Alan Pardew has made a statement after getting the biggest job he has ever had in his life – manager of the famous Newcastle United Football club.

Alan has been handed a five-and-a-half year contract at St James’s Park by owner Mike Ashley, who has quickly replaced Chris Hughton.

But we have to think that talks had already been held with Pardew before Chris was actually fired and the Newcastle owner was only just waiting for the right time.

That would likely have been in October,  had Coloccini not headed an injury time equalizer against Wigan, as reports at the time suggested Chris was close to being sacked.

This is what Alan said today:.

“I am honored and privileged to have been given this opportunity at Newcastle United, one of the truly great clubs in English football,”

“I understand what this club means to its supporters.”

“Throughout the football world, people recognise that this is a unique club in many ways, with supporters who are second to none in their loyalty, passion and devotion for the team.”

“I’m not a Geordie, of course, but I’m a football person with a love of the game, and I can assure you I bring great drive, desire and commitment to the job.”

Good word from Alan, and of course he;s absolutely right – Newcastle is a great club with fantastic supporters.

His job now it to get the players behind him, as the playing staff have also been shocked at the events that have taken place in this last week.

He cannot do much about what the supporters feel because he’s right in the middle of another terrible situation at Newcastle between the proud Newcastle fans and the London-based owner.

Alan should now concentrate fully on Saturday’s game against Liverpool with the players.

And we are told he is a very hard worker – so we expect him to put in some long hours from now until the game against Liverpool, which kicks off at 5:30 pm and is being televised live around the world.

A win would be absolutely terrific, if the lads can pull it off.

• dave 1961

Dec 9, 2010 at 1:11 PM

copy of email i sent to the club…..

Dear sirs I would like to arrange for a refund of my season tickets, as nufc are not fit for the purpose the behaviour of Ashley & Llambias is shameful & I could not support the employment of another of their cockney gambling buddies, nufc are a joke and the fat over weight prat has ruined the club I have supported for the past 35 years. And I will not return until the fat ones gone.

• Magpietillidie22

Dec 9, 2010 at 1:12 PM

I need a bit of local knowledge here. Anybody know the Eslington Villa? Station Road? Is it in Sunderland Territory?

• Stuart

Dec 9, 2010 at 1:16 PM

I doubt he’ll be honoured and privilaged for very long unless he strings together an amazing run of results.

None of the fans are happy to say the least at his appointment and his first loss, whether its against liverpool on saturday or someone else, everyone will be straight onto his back.

From now on I only support the players in black and white, not the manager and not the owners.

• Shot Bru

Dec 9, 2010 at 1:18 PM

5 and half year deal….. unbelieveably we go from one extreme to another…

• BeeGuy

Dec 9, 2010 at 1:26 PM

MA had to inject a reported 125 million into the club when it was in hte Championship. He lost some players. If it happens again, he may feel the same financial pinch & will likely lose a lot more players. He must have been pretty sure on where NUFC was headed under CH, so he has made his move. Pardew has usually come in & picked a team up for some time before things go wrong. This is MA’s bet at NUFC, and it is a pricey one if he is wrong.

• juliogeordio

Dec 9, 2010 at 1:27 PM

Its time to organise and DO something. A show of power and organisation. Boycott a game. Most could be persuaded if IF they didnt expect to turn the TV on and see there were still 40.000 there.

Those that think something like that cant make a difference are wrong. It would generate world media and support. as well as show we can get organised and get out if we aren’t treated with the respect we deserve.

Those who think its turning your back on the team. 1 game. to try and rescue a whole club. How many times can we just take it?

Done properly, this could be something historic. not just for NUFC but for football. Lets remind everyone that football is our game. This is our team. And we won’t be treat like this any more.

Ed.. At least run a Poll for anyone that would be going on Saturday – and if they’d be prepared to boycott. See what the results are. Go from there. Maybe generate some publicity from it. Pass it to .com – see what there feelings are. I dunno. You guys with the voice need to get off the fence. Just this once.

in hope.

• Lynxie

Dec 9, 2010 at 1:28 PM

I would also be honoured and priviledged to manage NUFC on 700 grand a year, the only difference is that I would APPRECIATE THE CHANCE. No mention of that small word, appreciation. Wankers.
    That will help fuel some booze and gambling nights I bet………………………….

• John

Dec 9, 2010 at 1:29 PM

Id love to sit and debate with Ashley what the hell this man has done in football to deserve the NUFC job? Id love to hear hes reply. well… ehr… emm yeah i thud so you waste of space the PL fit and prober background check for owners comes to mind how he managed to own a club like nufc il never know.

• Stuart

Dec 9, 2010 at 1:30 PM

Good words Juliogeordio!

I totally agree that its about time we got organised and tried to change things at the club.

• carrollsinger

Dec 9, 2010 at 1:30 PM

We all moan it’s not his fault what Ashley has done to hoots but we need to get behind pardew or will we get relegated no matter how people feel we can’t let this happen to the club stay up and then a big mega rich qutar family will buy us in the summer here’s to the dream or Ashley choke on a turkey leg at Xmas

• expatgeordie

Dec 9, 2010 at 1:31 PM

Have a read of the article titled “The Damned United” it’s excellent and sums up the situation at the Toon exactly. We will now have to get used to being a small cluib from now on for that is what Fat Tw*t & Lamear*e have turned us in to

• expatgeordie

Dec 9, 2010 at 1:31 PM

Sorry the article is on http://www.nufc.com

• boater

Dec 9, 2010 at 1:32 PM

@ beeguy – “Pardew will have the club, but I’d bet MA is keeping his eye open for the manager of his dreams, and will swoop if and when the time comes.”

So why a 5 year contract? Are we still living in a dream world after this?

Ed – stop with your flipping prescriptive articles. You’re like some clapping seal in Sea World. Report the facts – and let fans decide how THEY feel about things.

• John

Dec 9, 2010 at 1:32 PM

totally agree with you everyone shud boycott the game what a sight and empty SJP wud be to that waster we call our owner.

• Toon_Army

Dec 9, 2010 at 1:33 PM

Just what the Fat contoller wants, Hughton was sacked cause things were too stable 🙂 Bringing in Pardew is like setting the cat among the pigeons…

No good will come form rising to the bait!!!!

• Lynxie

Dec 9, 2010 at 1:33 PM

juliogeordio. In reply to you my friend.
    I was there the week after the humiliation of Hereford. At Old Trafford, when thousands said ‘Lets not bother anymore’. We won 2-0 with a sublime performance. Grow up and get yourself a pair. Until a rich benefactor (with a few grey cells) turns up, we are pretty much screwed. The less you go, the less SUPPORT is there. its a downward spiral. You dont care, then the players dont care, results spiral, we go down, and continue going down (Anyone else there the week BEFORE Keegan took over from Ardiles. Yes, ME and a good few others. Protest my arse. I suppose you dont think students should pay for tuition either eh, numbskull?

• kentonmags

Dec 9, 2010 at 1:33 PM

any links for SSN lads

• ronaldeano

Dec 9, 2010 at 1:34 PM

Alan Pardew KNOWS hes not good enough to take this job on

• Lynxie

Dec 9, 2010 at 1:35 PM

By The way, He already has your attendance money, how much influence do you think, staying at home is gonna make to Fatty?

• Lynxie

Dec 9, 2010 at 1:36 PM

John @13. I have a better idea. Lets all buy a £600 telly, then refuse to plug it in. That will show Samsung/Sony etc. eh? Jesus what a bunch of nobs.

• NUFC_4_Life

Dec 9, 2010 at 1:37 PM

We really got rid of Houghton for Pardew??? Houghton had our players playing, yes we lost to some bad teams but we aren’t that great let alone our depth is terrible and with injuries what do you expect. Ashley you need to get out we don’t want to do it ur way and ur dreams isn’t for us, it seems like ur dreams are to just set us back. Houghton could have been here for years, he’s young and has had great managers to learn from in the past. I am speechless and can’t wait till Ashley sells the club and admits he can’t run a club and is strictly a business man…..GET OUT NOW AND TAKE YOUR LITTLE PUPPETS WITH YOU

• Hughton Till I Die

Dec 9, 2010 at 1:37 PM

just got back from a weeks holiday in australia, my god i’ve missed a lot. cannot believe it to be honest.

• kentonmags

Dec 9, 2010 at 1:38 PM

any links for SSN please lads

• Magpietillidie22

Dec 9, 2010 at 1:38 PM

lynxie – what? he hasnt got any away fixture money. He hasnt got any home game ticket money except obviously season ticket holders. you’re the only nob

• Darryl

Dec 9, 2010 at 1:38 PM

Not my choice of manager. Dont boo him though, its ashley thats at fault here. The contract offered is reasonable for everyone due to it being mainly a results based one. So for me he has that right. Whatever happened to the trust buying him out…. all a publicity stunt.

• wynsleap

Dec 9, 2010 at 1:41 PM

Do these people all read from the same dog eared manual when it comes to introducing themselves with the same gushing crap about “this great club and it’s wonderful supporters” etc.?
    Quite frankly it’s all water off a duck’s back to me – I’ve heard it so many times over the years.
    Let’s face it – this guy IS going to be a disaster for this club and all the sycophantic “good words from Alan” rubbish won’t help one iota.
    He knows it, I know it and you all know it.
    It’s not a matter of if it becomes a disaster but when it becomes a disaster.
    As I have previously said, an empty ground is the ONLY way to get rid of this human plague on the club.
    Now is our time fellas.

• MacToon

Dec 9, 2010 at 1:42 PM

Bloody disgrace, a 5 n half year contract! WTF is going on!

ronaldeano @ 17 agreed.

There is a cancer at this club called Ashley!

• will

Dec 9, 2010 at 1:43 PM

Lynxie you friend of Ashley or Liambard? Old fart like you has no ball to do anything to air your view, don;t tell me you are a communist in your blood? it is ok to show you are not happy, or by now really not happy! even if the stadium is empty for one or two game it will not hurt the club, but it will change perspective! perspective of those who think they are the know all bosses! come to think of it the geordie will be even more famous, but i am sure 80% of old fart like you have no ball to do so.

• Stuart

Dec 9, 2010 at 1:47 PM

Lynxie, so you dont want the supporters to do anything at all, carry on as normal as if we havent just been slapped in the face?

I guess you’re happy to just lie back and take it from MA but im certainly not.

• Burni

Dec 9, 2010 at 1:47 PM

the worst part is, were all wastin wa breath. Nowts gonna change regardless of protesting or boycotting or still going to the matches…… we are the people that pay to watch our beloved NUFC get ripped a new one. I hadnt been to matches for years then when hughton took over I started going again, there was a different feeling…. Ive been to every home game this season and I am not going any more, I will still support the toon but regardless of what we say and do that fat Pr£$k will still be in charge and theres not a damn thing we can do about it.

And people saying they feel sorry for Pardew????? B%$$&£ks!!!! I feel sorry for Hughton and the fans and even the players.

• Lynxie

Dec 9, 2010 at 1:48 PM

magpietillIdie22:
    And of course Ashley doesnt get ANY of the away ticket revenue does he. ……….. Every Penny you put in to the club, his grubby fat cockney hands are all over it within weeks. Home or AWAY tickets. If he didnt, why has he not stopped selling them and paying ticket office staff etc? I am glad that I am a nob, because I was one 50 years ago, through thick and thin, good times and bad. And I will still be a nob here when that fat prick isnt. Our lass called mne a nob when I went to Barcelona, Rotterdam, Turin, Milan, Kiev. Loved every minute. Its great this being a nob thing. Better than being a quitter. KEEP THE FAITH.

• lesh

Dec 9, 2010 at 1:50 PM

Magpietillidie22 @2….. Eslington Villa’s in Low Fell , Gateshead and it’s more us than Mackems.

• Lynxie

Dec 9, 2010 at 1:52 PM

Will. I am indeed a very good freind of Mr Lambiard whoever the hell he is.

I understand that you are upset. This will obviously affect your spelling and grammar (dont like bringing her into it lol)
    Now sit down and tell me about your childhood.
    One or two games in front of an empty stadium? You were born 25 years too late you stupid boy. Almost every game was in front of an empty stadium under Westwood for a while. (he was once the evil panto devil who owned and ruled long before the Fat Lord appeared.

• shaun83

Dec 9, 2010 at 1:59 PM

are there many down the ground now?

• Lynxie

Dec 9, 2010 at 2:00 PM

I hope so. Now and tomorrow is the time to make a stance and show of support / disgust, not by boycotting Saturday.

• shaun83

Dec 9, 2010 at 2:01 PM

Magpietillidie22 // Dec 9, 2010 at 1:38 PM

It doesn’t sound like you know the area and go to games anyway if you are asking for local knowledge (post 2), so don’t just stir it up

• Burni

Dec 9, 2010 at 2:03 PM

Im not sure if I know where this Lynxie is comin from. some of what he says I agree with, some of it makes sense, some doesnt, some is angry ranting, some is calculated responses directed at knee jerk responses from other members…..
    :-s

• Stuart

Dec 9, 2010 at 2:04 PM

Whats the point in making a stance today, no-one will care, no-one from the club will pay any attention, if its on matchday, even a pre-match protest it will get alot more press coverage.

If im not mistaken the match is on Sky aswell, imagine the message an empty stadium on live tv would give to fat Ash.

I don’t particularly want to boycott any matches as it will affect team morale, but if hitting ashleys pocket is the only way to make him listen then that is what is neccisary.

• boater

Dec 9, 2010 at 2:04 PM

@Lynxie. Keep on reading your vitriol today. Please calm doon would yee. Stop lashing into everyone who doesn’t view things exactly like you. Nae need for name calling for a start.

I’ll be there (albeit with a heavy heart) on saturday. But other supporters have the right do exactly as they wish in protest to an owner that has shown complete contempt for their interests once more. Everyone’s feeling it today, so gan easy.